One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 13:03:36

celia

To report an extremely terrible griefer on the biggest server

Hello everyone, I just bought this game a few days ago on the steam and spent several happy hours on that.

But just now an extremely terrible griefer appeared whose name is Bob Weed ii. Our home is built with ancient stone walls and only four wooden doors are used for passing. However, he got a bear inside and locked all doors. People were scary and died of the hungry bear.

I love this game and I sincerely hate griefers like Bob Weed ii. Several family members and I have already cursed him.

Now I wanna know what could I do if things happen again like that because I found no way to get out such as break the wall or burn the door and whether behaviors like that would be punished.

And a kind reminder for everyone: DO NOT establish the village like full of stone walls with only limited doors.

Thanks a billion!

Last edited by celia (2019-02-02 16:18:40)

#2 2019-02-02 14:57:18

hmrka

Re: To report an extremely terrible griefer on the biggest server

Can somebody tell me the whole story? All I know is that people got locked in the prison and had a bear inside. Or is it all that happend?

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#3 2019-02-02 15:13:31

celia

hmrka wrote:

Can somebody tell me the whole story? All I know is that people got locked in the prison and had a bear inside. Or is it all that happend?

OK, the story was like that:

The griefer I mentioned firstly took a horse cart and fulled it with baskets of bread.

Then he went north and attracted a hungry bear back. Our castle was quite large, something like 80*30. Totally we got four doors for our castle, but he locked three of them and got the bear in through the last one. Then he drove out and locked the last one.  Later, he stayed out of prison to watch us escaping the bear and laughed at us.

Although he was finally killed by someone outside, no key was found. And we had no way to escape from the prison with all ancient stone wall and four locked wooden doors.

Last edited by celia (2019-02-02 16:25:57)

#4 2019-02-02 15:39:10

breezeknight

if you are as stupid as to participate in an OHOL roleplay then you don't deserve anything else than a griefer who does murder you

you can be killed in this game, so make sure you stay away as far as possible from dangers & that surely includes going into a closed house named "prison", lol

& btw, keys qualify meantime as a valid object to grief with, so stay away if you're not a griefer

#5 2019-02-02 16:28:02

Roblor

Wow! Thank you for reporting this! It sounds absolutely hilarious!!! big_smile

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#6 2019-02-02 18:19:34

hmrka

breezeknight wrote:

if you are as stupid as to participate in an OHOL roleplay then you don't deserve anything else than a griefer who does murder you

you can be killed in this game, so make sure you stay away as far as possible from dangers & that surely includes going into a closed house named "prison", lol

& btw, keys qualify meantime as a valid object to grief with, so stay away if you're not a griefer

ow dont hurt yourself on that edge. roleplaying is a part of the game and its fun - just dont start murdering or griefing while doing it. btw its not a house dude its freaking huge. it was a normal village with ancient walls all around, and it wasnt locked at first some dude just did the locks recently, really it sucks that a dumbass eve found it.

wasnt there when it happend but I did help in making the "prison".

#7 2019-02-02 19:01:23

fragilityh14

yeah like no one ever captured a bear in real life and then had it get loose and rampage.

dancing.bear.117v.jpg

Also i had someone draw three bears to a village recently, it was nuts. And we didnt happen to have arrows handy or the milkweed to make them. It was crazy. amusing though

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#8 2019-02-02 19:38:49

breezeknight

hmrka wrote:

ow dont hurt yourself on that edge. roleplaying is a part of the game and its fun - just dont start murdering or griefing while doing it. btw its not a house dude its freaking huge. it was a normal village with ancient walls all around, and it wasnt locked at first some dude just did the locks recently, really it sucks that a dumbass eve found it.

wasnt there when it happend but I did help in making the "prison".

roleplaying is the desparate tryout to fill up where actual gameplay is absent or plain boring
& 80% of OHOL roleplay ends up in murder, no roleplayer is interested in your advice not to start murdering while roleplaying, lol

#9 2019-02-02 22:39:58

Ilka

celia wrote:

Now I wanna know what could I do if things happen again like that because I found no way to get out such as break the wall or burn the door and whether behaviors like that would be punished.

And a kind reminder for everyone: DO NOT establish the village like full of stone walls with only limited doors.

Thanks a billion!

The ancient wall can be broken with a pickaxe. This destroys the pickaxe. Unfortunately, griefers are the scourge of this game. Most of them are experienced players. It is sad but you learn to trust no one and suspect everyone.
And welcome to the forum.

#10 2019-02-02 22:57:57

Tarr
Banned

celia wrote:

Well that Eve found a previously hidden city that wasn't supposed to be known to most players. As such it was specifically built to not let strangers in but we hadn't ever felt the urge to lock it since no one had ever gotten close. Once the doors are locked the only way out is to forge another key + lock and brute force the combination. You can't bust the walls down, you can only try to unlock the doors via locking a sign/crate/door and proceeding to find the combination to the other door(s)

To do this:

Forge a blade blank, steel bar, grab a chisel, file, and hammer.

Blade blank + chisel + hammer = Key parts
Steel bar + chisel plus hammer = lock parts.
Key parts + lock parts = key and lock blank.
File + key & blade blank = Key + lock A.

Place this on a sign/door/crate and attempt to open the other doors.
If the key matches you can file the key for a removal key for the pesky locked door
If not continue

Key + file = Key removal A
Use key on your chest/door/sign that you are working with
Hammer + lock and key A = Blank lock and key.

Blank lock & key + file x 2 = Lock and key B

Put back on your dummy chest, retry the doors then rinse and repeat until you've found your matching key/lock combo.

If multiple doors are the same key you can make duplicates and then proceed to start removing more locks

Blade blank + Key + file = duplicate key.

fug it’s Tarr.

#11 2019-02-02 23:34:07

hmrka

breezeknight wrote:

roleplaying is the desparate tryout to fill up where actual gameplay is absent or plain boring
& 80% of OHOL roleplay ends up in murder, no roleplayer is interested in your advice not to start murdering while roleplaying, lol

anyway roleplaying is fun, and there are many reasons someone might murder another person. stop being a douche and let people enjoy the game however they want to. know what people did when they got bored of the game back before donkey town? murder people. even whole towns when we had glitches. and it was mostly experienced players doing that so it was hard to deal with. i'd much rather deal with a noob stabby roleplayer, easy to get rid of them.

And roleplay is mostly wholesome, maybe if youre rude to ur town ppl they want to stab you. One of my first lives where I roleplayed was in a town with a griefer who killed girls and women. his younger brother adopted me and I called him "dad". He hid me from the griefer and raised me in the wilderness. It was fun.

also any roleplay involving crowns will 99% of the time get you killed so avoid them.

Last edited by hmrka (2019-02-02 23:34:55)

#12 2019-02-03 09:32:35

pein

we already got a solution to keep bears, mosquitoes and other animals out, its called front entrance
you make a V shaped entrance with a bush or other item which is harder to remove but allows standing on it, best is sand pile, as its natural and unremovable. why on front? cause its harder to block, especially with a few bushes around it
animals cant exit a pen but also cant enter a pen, so the same entrance type works for rooms too

jmLSsa6.png

you can still have your door, but not necessary
gj7bNr9.png

keeping it open and not having the minimal heat bonus? it's a fair trade
also this is the reason why you should always build rooms on the jungle, no mosquitoes can come inside and the heat is perfect, you can even put boards on it

especially if you make a huge room, and you are lazy to put an entrance each side (or 2 if longer than 10) than you deserve your fate
and make square rooms, its just more effective for free tiles, same amount of wall, more free space inside, as more tiles are on middle of a square
so you save up a few resources which allows you o build this entrances which block animals but let humans trough

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#13 2019-02-03 09:50:42

Dodge

You can make a spark gap transmitter in the entrance to avoid someone putting a door it's unremovable, doesn't block movement and only costs 4 copper pretty easy to make too

https://onetech.info/2603-Partial-Spark … nsmitter-1

#14 2019-02-03 15:22:28

ruanna

breezeknight wrote:

It wasn't a role-play. I was born into this town twice in two different families. The entire town was surrounded by stone walls. Inside the walls were all the forges, bakery, sheep, and some farms inside, some outside. It was massive and supported 20-30 people the first time I was born there. It was interesting because it was different from other towns I've seen before.

Anyway Kilian your explanation is ridiculous. If you don't like a town design you can die and go live somewhere else. Those trees in your screenshot? I planted those trees in that town. It's really upsetting to hear that it ended like that.

Edit: I just saw you in stream. Asking twisted if he's seen this thread. It's not something to boast about, like you're a celebrity.

Last edited by ruanna (2019-02-03 15:34:07)

#15 2019-02-03 18:11:46

fragilityh14

i don't really consider that griefing, and it's a pretty damn funny sequence of events.

seriously you have to give the guy credit, he managed to get a bunch of people locked in a building with a bear.

I would have found that really comical if i died that way.

Listen to your mom!

#16 2019-02-03 18:36:01

ruanna

fragilityh14 wrote:

i don't really consider that griefing, and it's a pretty damn funny sequence of events.

seriously you have to give the guy credit, he managed to get a bunch of people locked in a building with a bear.

He led a bear into town. That's not griefing in your book? It's not a building, the whole town was walled in.

#17 2019-02-03 18:46:13

fragilityh14

well, I don't know, i mean, i suppose it sort of is, but it's sufficiently comical it wouldn't have caused me grief were i the one to experience it.

I think everyone learned a valuable lesson about letting bear charmers into a walled town wink

Listen to your mom!

#18 2019-02-03 23:40:20

Grim_Arbiter

fragilityh14 wrote:

He was just trying to make the first self sustaining enclosed town. Like that really bad Pauly Shore biodome movie tongue

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#19 2019-02-04 02:00:17

Ferna

Dodge wrote:

You can make a spark gap transmitter in the entrance to avoid someone putting a door it's unremovable, doesn't block movement and only costs 4 copper pretty easy to make too

https://onetech.info/2603-Partial-Spark … nsmitter-1

Thanks for this! I was searching through the different Radio components for which one would be simplest to craft for this purpose, and Spark Gap Transmitters certainly seem like the simplest with only a Newcomen Roller involved and no drain on your Iron supplies.

Board footer