One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-01 18:06:04

Crumpaloo

Why do we Keep Getting Content That Makes Prior Content Obsolete?

First it was with the moorse code and radio, now with the car and plane? Why, whos gonna make moorse code device when the radio is 100x better? Whos gonna drive cars around when planes literally let you repopulate mega cites hundreds of tiles away? Why create mechanics for inventions that no one will ever use once the next update comes out. There are staggering benefits for using planes and radios instead of their latter forms and the amount of things you need to add onto them for them to become these newer inventions pairs in comparison to all the benefits you get. 

By creating content that only high-level players can access, you divide your community on who can and cant have fun with the game and all that does is drive new players away so this whole update just makes no sense to me whatsoever. Why not create content that all players can enjoy and fix bugs that affect us all?

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#2 2019-02-01 19:53:49

seth

Re: Why do we Keep Getting Content That Makes Prior Content Obsolete?

Jason does that too. (Of course then people post demands for new content up the tech tree!)

I do not envy the role of choosing what to work on next - either way people will be up in arms.  He's just one guy ya know, and can only work on one thing every week.

What can I say? Have faith! He's a smart guy, with a lot of things to balance. Embrace the adventure?

#3 2019-02-02 08:19:16

elemental_slim

...technically we are behind pace with the game Jason is playing, imo.
I fully intent on creating each of the crafts that has been put into the game, even apocalypse (when the right server is willing).

Maybe you, Crumpaloo, are trying to keep up with the updates when you should focus on enjoying the game as is. Then look at the tech updates as... a challenge to get to in the future? Like, there's no rush.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that more advanced cities will be prone to keeping up with the updates. But why does that mean the rest of the community isn't having fun with the older tech?

IRL look at our lives versus Amish. . . do you think their minds would be flabbergasted by some of the toys we used to play with? It is basically the same for people that have yet to discover these 'useless' techs

Anyways, I hope you relax and live to old age.

#4 2019-02-02 17:10:03

Jk Howling

The main reason this happens is because, quite literally, that's what happens in technological advancement irl, and that's what this game mimics- the human race, advancing from scratch in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Rome wasn't built in a day my dude. It'd be unrealistic to go from wheels straight to airplanes. There has to be some basis to start with before we can advance. Morse code was the very first long-distance signal ever used, logically that's the first step towards modern radio receivers.

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer