One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-09 18:00:15

Tea

Naked Adults & Fully Clothed Children

I know I know, this conversation is an old hat but I would like to remind people and inform the new players that clothing children is not okay if there are ten adults running naked !

Your child might be cute and adorable with the over-sized apron and blue hat, wearing that huge backpack, but honestly, the guy who worked fifteen year at the pen could use it more.

If you are about to die, don't clothe the newborn who can only type one letter at a time or the kid that just stands there and is eating all the berries, never moving a finger. Give your stuff to the smith who might need a backpack for iron gathering or the guy that worked non stop since he was three. Reward them, because they are the reason your town is still running.

And don't EVER give a kid a backpack full of arrows and knifes! Especially knifes ! They can't grab them out of the backpack until they are eight I believe and you won't know if they will have good or bad intentions with that knife. If you have multiple of them in your possession, distribute them to the people you trust or those who are contributing to society. Or hide some.

Like I said before, clothing children is a slap in the face for all those naked hard working people out there.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#2 2019-01-09 18:56:19

Gederian

Re: Naked Adults & Fully Clothed Children

I gear up kids so they know they are loved and are more likely to stay and be productive. I personally love getting a backpack full of food and weapons when I am born and those that give it to me don't regret it, neither does the village. It's a gamble but in the end...

Griefers gunna grief.

#3 2019-01-09 19:10:54

MultiLife

Geared a blushing baby girl because her naked mom was having a bitchy roleplay against me, so here girl, I rather have you have my stuff.
Did have a tinge of regret for not checking the berry farm workers but I had to rush to die after a busy life.

Otherwise yes please take some time to find good people to gear up, adult men need backpacks and clothing for rabbit and iron runs, while stay-at-village moms need them to hold onto bakery and shepherd knives.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2019-01-09 19:17:52

Lotus

Especially if it’s in a desert or jungle. Baby will burn.

But yeah, seriously. If you were working your whole life, dedicating your time to bettering the community, would you want your mother to pass her valuables to your newborn child, who quite possibly could use her weapons to kill the town off? It’s a gamble, like Gederian said. But I don’t think it’s one worth making.

Let the hard workers of your town know that they’re working for something, and that they’re valued. And if you must gear a baby by some means, make sure they speak or move first so you can ensure they aren’t a bot.

#5 2019-01-09 20:37:26

Gederian

Adults will usually get a backpack and start doing something else so giving it to the productive farmer might backfire.

It's always a gamble, the smart productive adult can decide to start killing. You have no idea.

A bet on the future is the best bet. They will thank you and maybe take over your project.

#6 2019-01-09 23:02:42

pein

its just annoying that im already working and a dumbfuck baby gets the pack then he just stands there asking what to do while im trying to make a pen or tools and got to run back and forth for food, shoot a muflon, go back for rope, so many things can go wrong

when you look for who to give a pack or apron, check for already working persons, dont give all the clothes to one person, give each kid something, babies will come in half a minute and u end up giving away every single thing than there are naked pros and geared noobs, and people ask questions from wrong persons

also the spoiled chicks usually do nothing at all for a whole life and dont understand why others are so stressed about food

it really makes a difference clothing the smarter people, they can work earlier and they pay back their debt

if you dont stay because you didnt receive stuff, you arent even deserve to stay
i really hate beggars, make your own clothes, not cry all the time
btw most cities which had 2 aprons are both made by me in 2 lifes, thats how lazy people are, and i dont demand it back even if i know it was made by me and i rarely get it back from people

what i generally do is give one piece of clothing to a working kid so i remember it, and if still working later on i give more clothes.  i give hats for every newborn, possibly a skin but i rather keep it hidden for 10 min than to give it to a newbee who cant even use it

if im in hurry i drop stuff on babies who can use emotes

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2019-01-10 04:16:19

Booklat1

Straw hats and sheep skins for babies. The rest is gear for adults.

Mostly its no gamble, its wasting the time bags could be in use with them being on a babies back. Just wait a few minutes to see if your baby is a good worker before deciding to give it gear tbh.

#8 2019-01-10 06:52:17

Greep

I think which gender gets clothes is far more important.  In towns that are generally cold, I'd rather have every female, even baby girls get clothes.  In desert towns, probably best to ship out all clothing, as exploring men will die to malaria and women at home will overheat.

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#9 2019-01-10 11:11:07

ChrisGW

Once a time i had full cloths on and someone young naked came along. He asked for my cloths, although i wasnt old either. Well i just gave him my cloths expect the backpack and he run off with saying 'thanks'. One minute later he came back and asked me how he could help me. Turn out he was new, so i teached him hunting and cloth making. Hoepful he is giving cloths to other people now smile

Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. Mahatma Gandhi

#10 2019-01-10 15:08:40

pein

the other day i asked sister to give her pack to me to get sheep, she dropped it instantly before i finished the sentence

i got sheep in 2 minutes, as everything was ready, i just needed to store rope and arrow and some food, i gave her back in 2 min she was surprised

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2019-01-11 02:40:42

Tane

pein wrote:

the other day i asked sister to give her pack to me to get sheep, she dropped it instantly before i finished the sentence

i got sheep in 2 minutes, as everything was ready, i just needed to store rope and arrow and some food, i gave her back in 2 min she was surprised

Yeah, I do that too if they're older. They can just DO more. Less time to eat again, can get a higher yum bonus. It just makes sense to give it back til one becomes available or until you make more.
I tend to only give kids that prove themselves the bp's. Like who start berry farming as soon as they get hair or start looking around where to help out or apprentice themselves.

Board footer