One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-05 21:41:22

sinfulcliche

Favorite OHOL Character?

Anyone have a favorite OHOL character? Mine's the brown girl with braids. She's always smiling and she still looks cute even when she's old.
Po9CWiv.png
Alternatively, do you have a least favorite?

#2 2019-01-05 21:47:37

MultiLife

Re: Favorite OHOL Character?

BnE4oly.png
Fav!

Least fav:
5nFA5jJ.png
Simply due to the unreadable expression he has. It's odd.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-01-05 22:30:12

LodiaVDH

This one has gorgeous hair :
female017F

And this one is simply gorgeous :
female016A

#4 2019-01-05 23:14:32

CrazyEddie

grouchy frazzled chick 4ever

#5 2019-01-05 23:23:52

sinfulcliche

MultiLife wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/BnE4oly.png
Fav!

Least fav:
https://i.imgur.com/5nFA5jJ.png
Simply due to the unreadable expression he has. It's odd.

I can definetly see why you don't like that guy. I'm trying to find a word for his expression but I just can't. Confused? I know a few people who do this kind of expression when they're really spaced out. Whenever I see this guy in game I feel a little uncomfortable, lol

#6 2019-01-05 23:48:16

meestadogbreath

ooh, my favorite...?
the new frizzy-haired redhead creeps me out. her entire face is on like 1/4 of her head, which is a contrast to most other skins. her smile is so ominous, too! like, i just KNOW you're up to no good.
my favorites are the blonde girl and the black boy. they're both so cute but will never beat my all time favorite which is:
the guy with curly brown hair and a beard. hes such a cutie!!

hi, im worth, call me jeremy. i do bits of doodling here and there.
i always watch my children. everyone is worth it.

#7 2019-01-06 00:18:01

hmrka

in my opinion -

jMndrin.png

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#8 2019-01-06 00:54:30

Lotus

I remember when new models came out for the first time and literally everyone took like 20 minutes instead of being productive to laugh at them. We said brunette curly-haired boi looked like a camel. People kept calling him ugly and a lot of babies committed suicide with that skin.

But now he’s one of the best skins imo. The original ginger girl is pretty cute too.

I hope brunette curly-haired guy’s story has inspired you all.

#9 2019-01-06 13:06:05

WalrusesConquer

My favorite is the coco colored girl with a ponytail. I think she looks great as a kid, and even cooler as an old lady. The brunette with straight hair for the same reason, and the curly beard guy.
Least favorite is the blonde lady...I just don't like her till she gets wrinkles

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#10 2019-01-06 14:42:13

MultiLife

e2c5gdJ.png
There are things I just can't unsee.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#11 2019-01-06 16:33:30

karltown_veteran

LodiaVDH wrote:

This one has gorgeous hair :
https://i.imgur.com/IIWYIay.jpg

And this one is simply gorgeous :
https://i.imgur.com/dpuz9uV.jpg

I feel the exact same way

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#12 2019-01-07 05:16:40

pein

lemme see

in the original set i liked the brown chick
she also has hidden advantage of hiding a knife behind her hair, shes nice at birth, but then the hair looks stupid until 14
the curly hair chick is cute as a kid but, then the hairstyle ruins it
i don't like the blonde chick, maybe just because i seen so many noobs and the blonde hair just makes it worse, also lot of griefers were that blonde chick, kinda funyn but the black chick i associate with Hope, the spoiled kid, who gets all fur clothes all the time
the other straight hair girl looks nice all the way to old age
not much to say for the boys, they look ok, i prefer to be a male and i love the original set

as kids, they all look cute, the original set is just beautiful as kids
not exactly with the newer ones, they got that weird noses and mouths as jason tried to make each feature unique on them, which resulted in ugly pieces, especially very young and very old they are weird
then we got the ginger girl, she looks like a piggy, cute as kid but later is kinda ugly also ginger update made me hate them, same for crazy eye redhead, got used to it but she looks kinda psycho

black guy looks nice, as its very distinct, and usually u born to a blonde woman (now it changed again and i barely see him)

i actually like desmond and elvis, they quite ok, and got used to braided chick too

pedro from original set, hes the real perv guy, i often seen that guy as a bow sniper

i don't like the new gnger guy, the ginger girl is nice, also the black girls are cute

just it makes weird that how they spawn to each other, i guess i havent played enough with new changes

i don't judge by look, or spoil them if i like how they look, and i really hate dumb females getting all the gear

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#13 2019-01-07 12:40:46

Grim_Arbiter

CrazyEddie wrote:

grouchy frazzled chick 4ever

That is my least favorite just because of all the infant deaths i have sustained from that character.

I wonder what my favorite character is though... haha

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#14 2019-01-07 16:24:13

MultiLife

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

That is my least favorite just because of all the infant deaths i have sustained from that character.

This is what I wonder sometimes. If we experience enough negative things with certain sprite model, are we building an attitude towards that sprite in the back of our minds? Starting to expect things and become less trustful?

If the blonde guy kills us enough of times, do we start getting wary in some level when we see his sprite again in another life?

Can't say I recognize any expectations from myself but I've had very varying griefer experiences... maybe the blonde woman has been a griefer the least amount of times in my games... Usually she is a derpy nursery lady in baby piles.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-01-07 21:39:09)

#15 2019-01-07 18:53:35

CrazyEddie

I have definitely formed personality associations between different avatars and the "type of player" I feel they are.

Those associations are definitely spurious, a false creation in my mind due to unconscious bias.

People play they way they play, people are assigned the avatars they are assigned, and the one has absolutely nothing to do with the other (in both directions).

If anything, it's a tribute to Jason's artistic skill in making little cartoon people that manage to evoke imaginary notions of their supposed personality types.

Last edited by CrazyEddie (2019-01-07 18:54:44)

#16 2019-01-07 20:39:55

meestadogbreath

CrazyEddie wrote:

I have definitely formed personality associations between different avatars and the "type of player" I feel they are.

Those associations are definitely spurious, a false creation in my mind due to unconscious bias.

People play they way they play, people are assigned the avatars they are assigned, and the one has absolutely nothing to do with the other (in both directions).

If anything, it's a tribute to Jason's artistic skill in making little cartoon people that manage to evoke imaginary notions of their supposed personality types.

yeah, i pretty much agree with this. the curly brown hair guy for me is a hard worker who feeds babies that were abandoned by their mom. the curly hair blonde guy is that dude who’s always screaming at you for being in front of the forge. and the girl with brown hair and bangs is the newbie who says “f” until age 7 and proceeds to live off of berries her whole life, lmao. it’s kinda cute actually, to have developed real personalities off of sprites. like a spark of life added to the game with our own take on it.

#17 2019-01-07 20:45:51

CrazyEddie

meestadogbreath wrote:

the curly hair blonde guy is that dude who’s always screaming at you for being in front of the forge.

lol

aka "every smith ever"

#18 2019-01-07 20:56:11

Tea

The most sexy male model is the curly brown haired man. Not only is he smoking hot but also has an amazing beard ! I imagine him being strong and very protective of his family.

Always there to the rescue, with his strong arms and deep voice to calm you down.

Well ... that's how I imagine him.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#19 2019-01-07 22:08:50

sinfulcliche

For me, that gape mouth guy is always doing something productive, like baking or smithing. I have a tendancy to dislike that brown boy with the slickback styled hair, because in almost every town they're just there. Standing and staring among the berry fields, plucking the bushes clean.
This thread has really turned into something interesting!

#20 2019-01-09 09:19:16

Aurora Aurora

OoOoOooOoOOoo

Elvis is my favorite and also my son
Yuan comes second because he is Yuan and I love him
Then comes Barbie and Ken
The original 100% cocoa dude
Then black Edna
Then comes my unpopular opinion of loving the original black dude, he cool
Then I love John Doe
Then comes clown chick
The original white chocolate chick
Then Jane Doe

And anyone else not on my list is not worth mentioning

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#21 2019-01-09 11:16:06

Chikowitz

I love them all tbh, so cute and unic

#22 2019-01-09 18:05:38

CrazyEddie

Aurora Aurora wrote:

OoOoOooOoOOoo

wild squash plant

#23 2019-01-10 02:35:15

Gabby

I like the first ginger best because of the freckles and the shape of the mouth. Looks like she has chubby Lumpy Space Princess cheeks.
latest?cb=20130218043120

Be nice to the mouflon

#24 2019-01-10 03:21:47

meestadogbreath

Tea wrote:

The most sexy male model is the curly brown haired man. Not only is he smoking hot but also has an amazing beard ! I imagine him being strong and very protective of his family.

Always there to the rescue, with his strong arms and deep voice to calm you down.

Well ... that's how I imagine him.

KLKSLSKMDSJK IM SOFT
he was always my favorite for being so dang cute from birth to death. everyone loves the guy because of how comforting he seems, at least thats what im guessing. i like when he has the goatee and mustache, along with his iconic sideburns, but not a full beard. and when he turns 40 and his beard gets grey hairs he looks so rugged and handsome. he is best boy !!

and i dont get all this hate for the creepy dude with the long beard and spiky hair ..?? hes a cute kid even if hes got an eerie expression. his beard gives me grunge vibes i love him

#25 2019-01-10 04:43:19

startafight

i fucking hate the ginger man. i played as him n nobody trusted me even tho i was doing so much for sheep n baking my whole life bc i just looked shady. i was tryna clothe some kids n the lady watching em thought i was gonna run n murder em n it made me sad. also when he reaches elder status he looks like a hairy walnut or a tumor... or a tumor on a hairy walnut

Board footer