One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-28 16:03:32

MultiLife

Life Playback

I'm so confused. What am I supposed to see when I use it? I just see my mouse clicks on the main screen. This can't be it, or is it?

I put a life from recordedGames to playbackGame folder, so there is only one text file there and nothing else. I open the game and in the upper left corner there is the playback info with the percentages climbing up. There is a small square on the screen which starts moving, showing my ghost clicks from the recorded life. But I just see my mouse move on the main screen, that doesn't give me any useful information of the recording. I expected to see my texts and at least something that resembles the life I lived, like lines saying what I said or what I touched.. Have I done something wrong? What's the problem here or is this it?

icddRuu.png
Here you can see what I see when I open the game. There is the little square indicating my mouse clicks... just hovering around the screen...

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2018-12-28 17:36:31

pein

Re: Life Playback

it records even after u  don't play, so for example you go to the forums and click around, that is also recorded
those files are much bigger, like 400+ mb

try to exit and enter before each game if you want the recordings

also with the introduction of family trees there is a bug that the recording can open your browser accidentally if the clicks were on that part of the screen, which is weird

Last edited by pein (2018-12-28 17:37:03)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-12-28 17:46:20

MultiLife

pein wrote:

it records even after u  don't play, so for example you go to the forums and click around, that is also recorded
those files are much bigger, like 400+ mb

try to exit and enter before each game if you want the recordings

also with the introduction of family trees there is a bug that the recording can open your browser accidentally if the clicks were on that part of the screen, which is weird

Yeah the ghost cursor clicked around on the menu screen and tried to spawn me as a triplet or something. o_o I've never tried to. The recorded ghost cursor just happened to click around the screen onto that.
This life I'm trying to playback was 108 megabytes large. There are two other playbacks from the same day (half the size). I often play few lives in a row, sometimes I open and close for all lives.
I'll try to playback some other lives to see if anything changes. I hope this is just a bug but also hope that this file is not screwed up...

Edit: I think AWBZ's mod is causing me issues here.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-28 18:31:26)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-28 18:03:20

MultiLife

Okay now it showed me like 10 seconds of another life and it was actual video from the life (which I was expecting), then the screen went black and said "Connection lost, click OK to try to reconnect" but I couldn't click it nor could the ghost cursor (because it was still following the recorded pattern of the past game). In this life I was playing back, I never had a connection lost moment. In the playback I did. Wat wat wat.

Edit1: Oh yeah as a mention, the recording started with my ghost cursor clicking the key code box on the main menu, which I never did during the game session. Something must be off. That click should've been on the Login, not on key code - I never clicked key code box.

Edit2: Oh my gosh my ghost recording just tried to post a review by itself. I left it going, hoping it'd click OK or start showing the game recording again. It managed to land a click on OK, the game whined about the server having an updated version, then went to main menu, clicked on Post Review (in-game it was just me moving around I bet, I've never tried to post review) and continued to click around on that screen until I stopped it.

Edit3: Okay my suspect now is AWBZ's mod which may be causing the clicks to be in wrong places. I often start the game with the screen size being large due to zooming. This didn't translate well to the recordings. I'll keep on trying and updating...

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-28 20:35:15)

#5 2018-12-28 20:32:40

MultiLife

New issue:
when the playback is hitting Login, it says there is FPS mismatch (expecting 60, getting 28), and thus the whole recording is thrown off as the Login fails to that. Is there any way to have the FPS match so I get to see the gameplay? I've tried twice with different playbacks and both get the mismatch and I am left with useless ghost mouse input and never see gameplay itself as the ghost never gets to login...

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-12-28 20:36:24)

#6 2018-12-29 06:05:53

pein

i think its actually trying to start a game, not the actual footage

you can try loading trough the unmodded exe, i don't know how it gonna work tho, if the issue is the awbz mod

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer