One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-21 03:22:18

Tarr
Banned

Snowballs and you:

So with the current update snowballs have been added to the game which cause all sorts of mayhem depending on what you are using the snowballs for.

You can:

Starve people out by essentially keeping them in a stunned state by repeatedly hitting them with a snowball (someone who is hit by a snowball cannot interact with items for ten seconds)

Force a weapon or item out of someones hands (if hitting someone with a bloody weapon you can lower their murder stagger from one minute to ten seconds)

Make auras of cold around a camp/village with snowman bits (able to lower a desert to better temperatures, or make a select area of desert freezing cold) Basically, you can either make an area so cold that it's impossible to live in or something like a cooling station for people who get bit by mosquitoes.

Knock someone off their horse/out of their car.

Snowman sheep pen (though if not made large enough is likely just going to completely freeze the area you intend to keep the sheep)* Bad idea btw

Snowball backpacks - One snowball is able to cool you off to a nice temp with clothes on in the desert. Three snowballs is enough to lower your temp to lowest possible temp. This also means you can put snowball backpacks on children which will quickly drop their temp and cause them to starve if not properly taken care of or the backpack removed. *New

There's probably some other things you can do with snowballs but obviously these were just some quick things I was able to find before someone killed me with snowballs rofl.

Last edited by Tarr (2018-12-21 16:24:48)

fug it’s Tarr.

#2 2018-12-21 04:13:30

startafight

Re: Snowballs and you:

finally the blunt weapon we've been asking for LOL

#3 2018-12-21 05:42:54

MultiLife

Ten seconds, what the heck...

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-21 07:12:00

Greep

This is awesome.  So it's basically stoning only without any reduction for the victim or self stunning xD
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … b/stoning/

Sounds like fun xD

Edit: blah, your town has to be right next to a glacier to have fun with it.
Hrm.  either that got nerfed immediately or it doesn't seem to be 10 seconds.
Or maybe it is, lineage says I killed someone with it.

Last edited by Greep (2018-12-21 09:29:43)

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#5 2018-12-21 07:33:25

lionon

Just wondering, are snowballs now a permanent thing or are they a seasonal thingy that gets deactivated with another update in near future?

#6 2018-12-21 10:46:28

Booklat1

TEN SECONDS?

Damn, lets start murdering people with balls so Jason will realize this is a mistake. I'd have said 2 seconds was nice.

#7 2018-12-21 11:54:17

Tarr
Banned

Booklat1 wrote:

TEN SECONDS?

Damn, lets start murdering people with balls so Jason will realize this is a mistake. I'd have said 2 seconds was nice.

Well he intended for you to be able to murder people with snowballs. I have more of a problem with being able to make these cold "fires" that essentially crash the temperature of the areas around them while not decaying unless made into a complete snowman.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2018-12-21 13:14:11

Sylverone

Wouldn't trying to beat the melting be part of the fun challenge of making a snowman, if it wasn't too strict of a timer? Not in real life maybe, but still...

#9 2018-12-21 17:05:21

Tarr
Banned

So just like what people were originally thinking snowballs are actual lethal weapons. If you hit someone with four snowballs it will cut the wound timer down enough that you'll get "death by snowball" on your death screen.

So yeah, snowballs are lethal with no murder cooldown, they just require you to have good aim and repeatedly hit someone with snowballs.

fug it’s Tarr.

#10 2018-12-21 17:18:45

SirCaio

Tarr wrote:

So just like what people were originally thinking snowballs are actual lethal weapons. If you hit someone with four snowballs it will cut the wound timer down enough that you'll get "death by snowball" on your death screen.

So yeah, snowballs are lethal with no murder cooldown, they just require you to have good aim and repeatedly hit someone with snowballs.

Oh God ...

#11 2018-12-21 17:19:45

Tarr
Banned

It might actually require five snowball hits but the point stands. If you load up a backpack or backpack + basket you can machine gun people down with snowballs.

Edit: Four is within the kill range for snowballs. You just have to be a little quick or they'll survive the hits. Five is confirmed kill range if you doubt four is enough.

Last edited by Tarr (2018-12-21 17:27:24)

fug it’s Tarr.

#12 2018-12-21 17:43:53

Tarr
Banned

2a7BFdp.jpg

fug it’s Tarr.

#13 2018-12-21 18:07:42

Sylverone

You're the eve that shows up in someone's town and starts chucking snowballs, lol.

By the way, I was in a town today with a forge/kiln with a sign behind it reading 'TAR'. Was that your doing or something random?

#14 2018-12-21 18:13:32

Tarr
Banned

Sylverone wrote:

You're the eve that shows up in someone's town and starts chucking snowballs, lol.

By the way, I was in a town today with a forge/kiln with a sign behind it reading 'TAR'. Was that your doing or something random?

Yeah I know what town you're talking about lol, their sign used to read ART when I was there. I mostly remember the town because they've got a bugged collie puppy next to their giant sign (or did).

fug it’s Tarr.

#15 2018-12-21 18:43:11

MultiLife

Everything changed when the Water tribe attacked.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#16 2018-12-21 19:35:55

Tarr
Banned

HwaLDdU.jpg

With all the negativity of snowballs I figured I would make a little snowman sheep pen tongue

fug it’s Tarr.

#17 2018-12-22 08:43:39

Sylverone

I haven't played much yet, do those melt? Much less ugly than rock block pens.

#18 2018-12-22 09:46:11

Tarr
Banned

Sylverone wrote:

I haven't played much yet, do those melt? Much less ugly than rock block pens.

They only melt if you create a full snowman. Once you add a carrot to a snowman it becomes complete and has a 5 minute timer before it swaps to a melting snowman then finally completely melts leaving you everything you added to the snowman.

They probably aren't super viable due to the high food cost of making a snowman pen but if spaced correctly you can juggle your temperature by walking away/near the borders which lowers future peoples food cost if they actually care to do so. So unlike every other sheep pen a snowman pen has zero material cost (since snow is unlimited) but instead has a food cost due to your temperature pretty much always being max cold.

fug it’s Tarr.

#19 2018-12-22 11:37:11

pein

made a tiny one, its 0 degree near walls on desert middle
other than that is free and fast

a kid called someone noob,  i was comign back with a snare and a rabbit, and a snowball for fun
she called me noob too, she got shot with snowball, 5 sec later she starved as i was holding her basket of berries

then we had a girl who didn't understand joke, tried to machine gun me down, after one single hit, she spent like 10 min to just shoot people left and right, and when i went out to work she just kept harassing me
after she didn't stop i told her i kill her if doesn't stop, well no chance with bow against snow balls which are free and you don't care spamming while i lost arrow, btw same again with snow balls, they save you from the next weapon attack

i shot her afterwards and she died
she tried to frame me as a killer and told lies to people so she had to go

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#20 2018-12-23 07:49:29

Lily

Them not melting until you complete them is clearly an oversight. I am sure that will be fixed when Jason eventually notices it.

Board footer