One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-15 12:00:59

The_Anabaptist

Thoughts on fire

I'm thinking open fire is way to tame.

I suggest that an open flame should periodically check for throwing embers to flammable objects in neighboring times.  I think this would be a fun way to discourage untidy villages.  Maybe make the yellow grassland tiles flammable as well?  Think of the panic as a grass fire come marching across the screen towards you!

It would probably also be a good idea to allow a bucket of water to douse an open flame.  Then we could have bucket brigades to put out all the four alarm fires that will no undoubtedly occur in the beginning.

I don't post to reddit, so if you like these ideas, feel free to borrow them and post them to the suggestions subreddit there.

The_Anabaptist

#2 2018-12-15 12:25:12

Vexenie

Re: Thoughts on fire

I like idea, but dousing only puts fires, all fires, to hot coals, which can be also doused to ashes
but then this means a lot of ash piles, so we should be able to use ashes to make chalk or something

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#3 2018-12-15 13:50:53

MultiLife

No for the dousing and no for the flammable biomes. Like thirst, this game doesn't really need a threat from fires.

Using a bucket of water on a fire is really expensive and also super duper easy way to grief. Let's not have something useless that others will use for griefing.

Different kinds of fires and flammable branches would be good. Transferring fires with yew shafts and curved branches etc. Making different kinds of bonfires with different strenghts. Piling a rock base for the fire to keep it alive longer or smth.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-12-15 14:22:49

SirCaio

Ever since I started playing this game I've always secretely wanted a fire spreading system/mechanic. Things like occasional forest fires in certain biomes near a desert, flammable items/structures catching on fire when near an uncovered fire, etc, would make the game more "exciting" and require a little bit more planning (not just slap a fire wherever we feel like it). However, I am aware that this would be very, and I mean VERY chaotic (just like in Don't Strave wink), and it would probably be exploited by griefers, since fires are so easy to start.

#5 2018-12-15 14:26:51

betame

Seems like a complicated change to some mechanics; fires would have to be some sort of active item, like animals are.

I'm hoping to see a fire pit/cooking hearth:
an investment of stones/ clay for improved fire tech
Higher heat value, so the tiles around it are warm (rather than needing to stand on it)
Blocks Walking, so you don't stand in the hot pit

Last edited by betame (2018-12-15 14:29:56)

Morality is the interpretation of what is best for the well-being of humankind.
List of Guides | Resources per Food | Yum? | Temperature | Crafting Info: https://onetech.info

#6 2018-12-15 17:04:34

pein

i would also like to burn your village and reyp yo wuma

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-12-15 19:26:51

CrazyEddie

pein wrote:

i would also like to burn your village

I was against it at first but now I'm for it. It would be a shame to lose this vital piece of technology that played such a pivotal role in history.

1*kHq9PJdA56Vtnxk1i9Bamw.jpeg

#8 2018-12-15 19:39:54

Vexenie

CrazyEddie wrote:
pein wrote:

i would also like to burn your village

I was against it at first but now I'm for it. It would be a shame to lose this vital piece of technology that played such a pivotal role in history.

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/200 … 9Bamw.jpeg

*fire consumes the whole town*

This obviously high as fuck dude:
OH BOY! Let me play a song to this fire!

*proceeds to play a song of which after the fire burns him alive*

THE END!

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#9 2018-12-16 04:18:56

Glassius

Make a suggestion on reddit wink

Board footer