One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-05 09:59:30

lionon

Meta: Showing you are willing to nurse

Okay nursery is an issue in many towns, yet it should be used so the majority of females still can live a productive live other than picking up their babies every now then. At worst I saw a group of mums standing together each taking care of "their" kids only.

Nursery comes to the rescue, but two issues I've seen from both sides. You see already a women taking care of a bunch of kids. You'll have to make sure she is willing to also nurture yours. In a busy fast going town with lots speech bubbles going on not so easy. Similar when I'm watching kind I'm totally okay with other women dropping of theirs. Even tried to tell some it's okay they can go, I'll look after their kid.

So Idea, could we develop as meta a piece of clothing to mark a nurse / show you are willing to nurse? It should be: Rarely used other than this, easy enough to make for middle-tech villages, as non-isolating as possible, as the nurse will be standing on a temperature place for the kids. Also may better be non-tattering.

Ideas:
leaf crown: pro: highly distinguishable, rarely used, no isolation. cons: difficult to make, people tend to get crazy about this ****
red cross apron: people produce this too much out of some reason.
toque blanche: mostly good in set categories, but does it fit*?
straw hat: used too much
reed skirt: that would be my favorite.

* As in my opinion the nursery would best be attached to the bakery it might be a good nurse mark still tough.

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-05 10:05:10)

#2 2018-12-05 10:33:52

Booklat1

Re: Meta: Showing you are willing to nurse

oooor we can pester Jason into adding more medicine technology and a piece of nurse clothing. Nursing + doctoring could become a combo for two mothers since doctors and nurses both need fire.

#3 2018-12-05 10:38:24

lionon

Nurses don't need fire when in a jungle or the edge of a desert biome possibly with the combo of bear rugs.

Unfortunally many newbies don't get that. Have already been put in the fire in the desert ...

#4 2018-12-05 10:43:36

Booklat1

yeah, but how often do people not use deserts and jungles for better purposes? I haven't been to a big enough jungle city to house farms + nursing area (which is this case could just be a small square between farms )

Last edited by Booklat1 (2018-12-05 10:43:52)

#5 2018-12-05 10:48:13

lionon

Of course I'd be thankful for a new item for this purpose. Albeit there isn't anything iconic we associate with nursery teachers. Or?

Anyway, this topic should be about to start meta-working with what we have.

#6 2018-12-05 11:15:31

pein

skirt is ok

with seal skin (mirelli style) cause its warmer

apron is for workers
turkey hat? pretty unique

the point would be each mom teaches something, we arent on a level where kids run off and know what to do
but some mothers are really bad at temperature and timings

fire in a desert is a good test to kill noob kids
its like reverse rodeo, the faster it jumps the smarter the kid, if it dies its her/his fault

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-12-05 11:18:52

lionon

Teaching can in my opinion only realistically start in childhood when the kid can speak a few letters and already can start monkey-see-monkey-do. And that wouldn't need to be a mum but a worker doing his/her job.

But yes, a good nurse would drop off / sent a newbie kid at a place of teaching once it reaches childhood. Until then it really just a wait and 'F' game..

Last edited by lionon (2018-12-05 11:26:48)

#8 2018-12-05 19:19:47

Randomname

lionon wrote:

At worst I saw a group of mums standing together each taking care of "their" kids only.

Nurses are great but experience has taught me not to use them if I really want my kid to live and I have to admit I also get the "not my baby, not my problem" if their mum hasn't provided for them in some way, then most of the time I'm not going to.  If asked AND the girl asking is either my sister/daughter/mother/friend AND I already have a baby to raise, then I'll feed.  If a distant relative I don't know drops her baby off with me without asking it will depend on boy/girl and population whether I will starve them.

If we are short on girls it's a completely different story but of course I ideally want my daughters/sisters/nieces to live and their fourth cousins to die off and not compete for resources.

Board footer