One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-12-03 05:32:54

lionon

Re: Meta about town security

pein, basically you are right, but at the same time the city seemingly suffered from not having a knife.. The was uncarved bread tough piling up in the bakery as well as the pen being full to the brim, while at the same time some idiot/griefer kept sheering *all* the sheep. Thats why I decided to make a knife before having a backpack.

And that made me double angry realizing that stupid "safekeeper" had a knife all the time already for "safekeeping" and took my other, while not doing the jobs that needed one.

#27 2018-12-03 06:14:16

pein

yeah it does, but sometimes you cannot save everyone and you doing in a vain to try to
smith tools? make new kil nand do undisturbed, waste 5 min to gain 20 or more
want a knife? make a pack to store it first
see a griefer? kill it before causes troubles. i seen this players who store knife and file, and all other knives, like once twisted wanted to kill me and got 5 knives back from him, i learned long ago that i rather hide a few of them and have one knife only

probably the best to wait to see decent workers and hide retrieved packs and knives for them, i made the mistake a few times to give someone a pack and never used in its life while other good players could have used 10 min alter, but i also micromanaged a town by hiding stuff and giving out as a gift for the workers and made everythign much better
tis babies in full gear are so deceptive, some of them just walks around and newbies ask important questions and get bad answers

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#28 2018-12-03 07:01:24

lionon

I agree to prefer giving stuff to people who are seen to be productive, especially if town is growing and there is less stuff than players. If in the night shift when town population is receding there is nothing to stop to give everyone a pack.

At the same time, I noticed how much more productive I can be in a live time if given a backpack and a coat at childhood.

#29 2018-12-03 18:08:05

mrslax

lionon wrote:
Starknight_One wrote:

he killed a player who'd wandered into the village from outside 'to protect the village'.

This makes make me so sad. Happens all the time in bell tower cities now with smaller Eve spiral other family lines manage come it and every so often some idiot things, he has to "cleanse the town"...

However the thing is, with two knifes in your backpack and no one else having one, this is a way higher security risk. If I have a knife to spare, I always find someone who seems to be productive doing something and hand it over. Preferable backer or shephard/gardener. But anyone productive will do. Griefers don't work productively, ever. Never had a bad experience with this. To repeat hoarding knifes is a security risk.

PS: Now that I think of it, when I'm busy in town and don't have a knife, I might put an arrow in the backpack. There are almost always a few bows around, but arrows is what griefers get rid of.

There is this one bell town that I had to go hide like 20 damn knives behind trees around town due to they were too many and everyone that was productive already had one. In a later life, a Grefer hit the town hard and took the rest of the knives,  joke was on him when I whet and got the stash and rearm the productive people.  someone got the greffer and we all feed the guy that took him out while cursing the greaffer. he got like 5 or 6 curses that time. well when you are old make sure to give your back with a knife to someone productive. I see way too many old people that sill have their a knife in there packs and uping die then some kid takes it and starts killing.

Board footer