One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-28 21:37:26

Floofy

Griefing Guide

Taking a knife and knifing people is a boring way to grief. People quickly identify you, curse you, and kill you. And killing a single person won't really hurt the town too much and you might end up in donkey town, or unable to grief for a few hours. Here are instead much better ways to grief.

Clay Bowl Ruining
Fill the town's clay bowls with various less known things which are hard to get rid of. You are unlikely to get cursed for this, since its hard to prove you had bad intentions. One easy way to do it, is bowls of sulfur

Feeding others
Feeding others high quality food can be a good way to waste food and break their yum bonus. And its really not clear you are trying to grief.

Add MOAR berries
Waste tools on single batch of soil (have to use the tool 2x) or waste soil on 3x batch of soil to make the tilled rows. Make tons of berries, way more than necessary, and make sure there is very little space. Literally drown the city in berry bushes. Clearly, none will accuse you of grief since a lot of players are already doing this.

Waste tools
Use the axe to cut way too many trees. Use the shovel on every rocks. Etc Etc. Even better than hiding them.

Rocks on fire
When people light some fire, quickly put a rock on it. Lightning up a fire takes time and is annoying, so by making it hard for the town to keep one alive, it will hurt them a lot.

Bring wild animals
Try to attract a bear in the town. People will be too busy running to ever curse you (if they even realize you did it on purpose).

Clutter up the town
Make sure there is A LOT of random stuff everywhere in the town. Tons of random weed seeds is a good start.

No Fire Bow drills
Every time your town makes a fire bow drill, make it a Flint tipped bow drill

No weed
Every time you see weed, or threads, make sure it use it in random useless ways, such as attaching it to a skewer

Happy Griefing!

#2 2018-11-28 22:32:15

Roblor

Re: Griefing Guide

This more of a guide of how to be annoying rather than to be city-wiping. A certain admin once wrote a really effective guide on how to effectively grief, but your guide strikes me more as irony rather than a true guide.

Are you just frustrated with the noobs, Floofy?

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#3 2018-11-28 23:50:10

Sybre

I can tell you're a scrub because these aren't even close to the worst things you can do

#4 2018-11-29 00:04:14

Daffex

I think this is an annoy guide, or a sneaky way to get more helpful griefers.

Some of these are a blessing in disguise.

I prefer to call my children after final fantasy characters.
- Love making sauerkraut! - Hate letting kids die.

I miss surnames. Remember surnames?

#5 2018-11-29 02:05:23

GreatShawn

I can do better

#6 2018-11-29 02:20:00

Azrael

Ok from a certified griefing person.

I can say this guide is trash, except for the wild animals, the rest of it is too subtle and not effective in comparison to a whole town against you.

The best way to grief is to make the town grief themsleves, social engineering and manipulation will confuse and divide a town to the point where you can easily break up a town and concentrate your attacks.

Dont fill bowls with sulfur, its obvious and obnoxious. Much more noobish than griefing there.

Just a cool dude trying to play some OHOL and have some fun! smile

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#7 2018-11-29 02:50:22

Gomez

Uninspired trolling 1/10.   The baby pen of of death I got tossed into one time was pretty hilarious though.  You will never know the reign of tyranny that was the carrot sponge.

Last edited by Gomez (2018-11-29 02:51:21)

#8 2018-11-29 04:09:06

startafight

firebow drill is outdated my dude u can just chop off the flint tip hmm

ive seen ppl eat/feed ppl all the food n then just stand in middle of town with a basket of the only food... now thats true evil wink

#9 2018-11-29 05:53:20

Baker

Sounds more like unintentional griefing that noobs do. Most this will do is delay things but most of these are an easy fix. The Bear one will only kill noobs and is actually a pretty effective population control.

You didn't even mention killing all sheep or domesticating pigs and goose.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#10 2018-11-29 07:20:06

pein

yeah noobs think im griefing when im doing 6 palm oils, but i just mass producing tires

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-11-29 09:10:36

Roblor

Maybe Floofy didn't write this so that he could guide others to become better greifers.

What if he wrote this so that others would guide him to become the better greifer?

Machiavellian indeed . . .

#12 2018-11-29 09:15:33

Azrael

Honestly, Floofy needs to CEASE the forum posts, each post he makes, a part of me dies a bit.

This is NOT how you grief properly at all...

My longest most recent line: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1360606

#13 2018-11-29 09:27:54

lionon

Well it's just a backhanded complaint against noobs.

#14 2018-11-29 16:36:14

arkajalka

Theres so much more irritating ways to be efficient.

Cut every single wheat in towns close distance.  Breed lots of pigs. Spam corn seed. Steal the bellows. Release or lock the sheep up. Cut every single maple on sight. Forge every ingot into knives, just make lots of weapons for town to use. Plant hard to use crops, like cabbage. Pick axe every building that is pickaxeable. Start ton of fires.  Make akward road loops. Release the horse. Gossip about ppl griefing. Make a trash pit. Throw everything useful that you can throw in there ie needles. The list is endles.

All in all grieffing is just lame. Theres always the next life without some inbred kid with parent issues and neglected socail irl life.

Pathetic. Its much more harder to get the town to thrive. New players grieff this game already unintentionally, some just never get past the noob phase.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#15 2018-11-29 17:23:25

Roblor

Thanks for giving good suggestions arkajalka . . . You are really clever . . .

#16 2018-11-29 17:31:10

Floofy

Azrael wrote:

Honestly, Floofy needs to CEASE the forum posts, each post he makes, a part of me dies a bit.

Maybe YOU should cease to post. Your post brang nothing to the discussion. But other posters (like arkajalka) did bring additional ways to grief which is improving the discussion a lot. I totally do admit that his post was better than mine.

Last edited by Floofy (2018-11-29 17:32:06)

#17 2018-11-29 20:03:19

Azrael

Did you completely miss out in my prior post? This griefing guide feels more like a "correct my mistakes" guide because i see more people criticizing and correcting it than i do appreciating and utilizing it.

This is not a mindful post at all, and it is NOT a guide. Please learn how to properly play the game before you make such a ridiculous forum post that only props up the discussion that you have a poor grasp on ohol griefing and a poor understanding of effectiveness.

Just remember that forum posts are supposed to be important and useful towards the community. This is just another misleading post that doesnt get very far at all.

Last edited by Azrael (2018-11-29 20:04:09)

#18 2018-11-29 20:25:41

lionon

Noob guide next please. "How to be a noob". Some people might just start too experienced...

#19 2018-11-29 22:32:47

Cecil

Huh, well, it's comforting to see that the actually disruptive things aren't commonly known.

#20 2018-11-30 12:29:01

arkajalka

Roblor wrote:

Thanks for giving good suggestions arkajalka . . . You are really clever . . .

Np if you want to choose this path the choise is yours. Atleast be efficient.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

#21 2018-11-30 12:39:14

arkajalka

Few more ideas.

Convert every flint into arrow head. Convert every round rock to sharp stone, convert shafts to stakes or if you got acces to knife convert em to shortshafts then to woodshavings with knife. convert coals in to charcoal pencils. Cut rabbit fur into fourpieces, convert every berry to berryseed. Destroy the forge ovens and cisterns with pick. Make ton of wet nostrils with skewer.

#22 2018-11-30 13:46:48

lionon

Still not the most effective things. If you really want to learn it... just try to be a productive citizen for a few days, you will notice which things drive you nuts... either maliciously by actual griefers or unintentionally evil by noobs.

#23 2018-11-30 13:57:03

Tramax

Azrael wrote:

Doesn't that make him successful?
You seem to log into the forums just to try and undermine him. Six of your last seven posts are about him after all. You seem...
T R I G G E R E D
Or maybe you're in love?

arkajalka wrote:

Release or lock the sheep up.

Extra credit: lock yourself into the fence pen holding the adze after you hid all the mallets.

Last edited by Tramax (2018-11-30 14:04:05)

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#24 2018-12-01 02:39:51

GreatShawn

Okay. If you want to grief floofy, go ahead and do it yourself! These ways of griefing should be kept to yourself instead of posting this to our good old christian(just for the memes) non-griefing OHOL forum. What is the point of posting this trash? encouraging people to grief? Not good at all. Making yourself look smart? Hey, I'm asian, and I must be smarter than YOU. If you want to be smart, go ahead and do calculus, not posting updated rubbish on the forums. Be wise, my friend.

#25 2018-12-01 03:13:23

Monolith_Rans

This game boils down to two goals:  Survive until 60 and be part of the longest lineage.  The only real griefing cuts at those two objectives. 

Surviving until 60 is easy.  If you just kept moving with a basket and sharp stone you can live your whole life alone just fine in the wilderness.  So, the only way to grief someone’s life is to kill them.  Stab them, shoot them, lock them up, starve them as a baby.  Any way you do it, they’ll know you were an asshole as they should.

Griefing a lineage makes you a next level asshole because you a ruining the game for generations of players.  The easiest way to do it is if you are Hope, just die or don’t name your kids.  It’s that simple.  Now, doesn’t that sound fun?

Really, what you call griefing is actually just trolling and it’s infantile.  In a game about cooperation, it doesn’t make you seem clever to just do pointless annoying shit.  Try learning something new each time you play.  Have you made a lettered sign yet?  Have you forged a bell? It’s ok to not know everything and how to do it all perfectly.  Just have fun and try a little harder.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

Board footer