One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-27 17:16:27

lionon

Dead gooseberry bushes

The wiki is missing info here. Do they despawn? Can you stake them? Or will they sit there forever.

I'm asking for a half made pen I made griever save (had boxes as some walls and two corners a home marker as walking entry). One of the corners had a dead gooseberry bush. So is that safe or a sheep breakout waiting to happen?

#2 2018-11-27 17:36:22

Gederian

Re: Dead gooseberry bushes

If it's dead it's too late, you need to hatchet/ax it and replace it.

If it's not dead yet than putting steaks on it will prevent it from dying until you can get soil.

#3 2018-11-27 19:32:51

lionon

Ok I get it's fairly easy for a griever to get it down in this state, because of axe/hatched.

But still, it doesn't despawn right?

#4 2018-11-27 19:34:26

Tarr
Banned

Nope. They just sit around until they're cleared out.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-11-27 19:49:25

Gederian

I noticed some sheep in a pen with a dead bush. A few minutes later the sheep were gone. Maybe someone killed or released them or maybe sheep can pass through the dead bush. Not sure.

Since then, if I see a dead bush at a pen I remove it and plant another bush.

#6 2018-11-27 21:10:19

Tarr
Banned

It's treated like any other item occupying a tile. The only way for the sheep to escape is if the pen was compromised or the bush was removed + its tile cleared of the kindling left behind.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2018-11-28 04:35:27

lionon

Gederian wrote:

I noticed some sheep in a pen with a dead bush. A few minutes later the sheep were gone. Maybe someone killed or released them or maybe sheep can pass through the dead bush. Not sure.

Actually I seen newer players forget about the additional blocking tile that needs to be behind the bush. Otherwise the sheep can "jump over it".

Basically animals can walk/jump 1-4 tiles in any direction as long there is no blocker inbetween and the destination is free. This is the way the bush corners work. They can't jump out of it, because of the blocker one way further and can't jump onto it because of the bush.. But sometimes players assume, the bush already blocks them.

#8 2018-11-28 07:40:11

pein

lionon wrote:
Gederian wrote:

Actually I seen newer players forget about the additional blocking tile that needs to be behind the bush. Otherwise the sheep can "jump over it".

Basically animals can walk/jump 1-4 tiles in any direction as long there is no blocker inbetween and the destination is free. This is the way the bush corners work. They can't jump out of it, because of the blocker one way further and can't jump onto it because of the bush.. But sometimes players assume, the bush already blocks them.

The bush only blocks starting points, and animals can jump over 4 items, meaning they can move 5, so either you wall it or place/plant 5 items

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer