One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-12 05:11:40

Gitmo

Continuity of Life

I realize this isn't the place for suggestions anymore, but I'd like it more refined before we give it to Jason, blessed be him.

I'd like to see and Adam and Eve be able to somehow make a child, that would have the effect of an egg, a baby swaddled in a blanket effectively an Item. It could require mashed carrots, and perhaps a continuous fire. Then upon your death you begin a new life as that baby, from baby stage needing to again be cared for, but also able to live a second live in another generation to continue your camp. I realize this isn't in line with the "leave for others to continue" vibe, but it would allow us to leave something much better. So many times I get to the end of my life and just think "but I want to do more!" and don't get me wrong, I will establish sustainable farming/smithing villages until I turn blue, in the hopes of being able to come across one and turn it into a fully tooled town. but being able to go from a wanderer to steel in one sitting would be very fulfilling. At the minimum let me know your thoughts?

#2 2018-03-12 05:22:37

Laddy

Re: Continuity of Life

You just can't though, I agree I'd love to be able to create my own civilization and watch it build up and all that, but the thing is it's only one hour one life.. can't every change that.

#3 2018-03-12 08:08:21

lesslucid

You could have a "spectator mode" that allows you to watch over the actions of one of your living descendents. That might give you a sense of continuity without breaking the spirit of the game.

#4 2018-03-12 08:19:56

Portager

Often enough, you will end up spawning back into the civ that you were in before. You can increase your odds by force closing the game until you respawn where you want to.

#5 2018-03-12 08:43:01

Laddy

Portager wrote:

Often enough, you will end up spawning back into the civ that you were in before. You can increase your odds by force closing the game until you respawn where you want to.

how often does this work? Like i thought there would be thousands of mothers

#6 2018-03-12 09:04:18

Mortan

You can actually already do that by setting up your own server. There is a server setting to force Eves to always span at a fixed location. Works great. I hope there will be many custom servers in the future like in Minecraft, so there are a lot of settings to choose from smile

#7 2018-03-12 17:01:56

Joriom
Website

Portager wrote:

You can also increase your chances by locking to a specific server. Considering population of around 40 ppl on server - you're very likely to get reborn in the village you died in if it's thriving.

Server locations:
http://onehouronelife.com/reflector/ser … ion=report
You need to modify files in settings folder:
customServerAddress.ini
useCustomServer.ini
Please note though: do it on your own risk. Setting "useCustomServer" to 1 disables updates so everytime update gets published you need to set it back to 0 for one game or strange things might happen.

#8 2018-03-12 22:28:49

ajdrex

lesslucid wrote:

You could have a "spectator mode" that allows you to watch over the actions of one of your living descendents. That might give you a sense of continuity without breaking the spirit of the game.

I really like this idea and I was just thinking about how it would be interesting to see if any of the children that I had yesterday (had some good ones that seemed to really know what they were doing) were able to thrive and build anything of interest.

The generational aspect of this game is so fascinating to me, but I think it would be even more interesting if it were possible to see any of your legacy. But that should be observe-only, I think. Maybe even having personal statistics pages would be cool, if that were possible. That way you could just quickly go see, oh, that family line lasted X number of generations and contained Y number of people, etc. that kind of stuff. I don't think there should just be an option to spawn into your old community immediately. If you do it by chance, cool, but you shouldn't be able to just pick.

Board footer