THEM
BACK
I
LIKED
THEM
FUCK
DONKEYTOWN

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#2 2018-11-24 22:55:31

LaughAtlantis

Re: BRING THE BLACK SPEECH BUBBLES BACK

I sort of agree. I think black speech bubbles should appear after 3-5 curses, then Donkeytown after 8. If you can't figure your shit out when you start speaking in black... you deserve the DT.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#3 2018-11-24 23:03:00

pein

no, people gonna run into you and try to kill you, win or lose, anyway you would be cursed even more

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-11-24 23:27:20

Tarr
Banned

LaughAtlantis wrote:

I sort of agree. I think black speech bubbles should appear after 3-5 curses, then Donkeytown after 8. If you can't figure your shit out when you start speaking in black... you deserve the DT.

The thing is then as soon as you see a black text baby you have the town come together to finish cursing it then stab it. All giving black text back to babies is a red flag for multiple people to curse it and then give it the actual trip to donkey town.

It would just be a loop.

See black text baby
Finish cursing
Kill
Does time in donkey town
Comes back with black text

Rinse, repeat, never play again.

Cosmetics shouldn't be given to asshats and using it as a red flag just leads to people damning the person completely.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-11-24 23:43:07

Tramax

Wisely put Tarr

#1 Ranked baby player in the competitive OHOL community. Colour yourself impressed.
Also ranked #221354986 every other life state player in competitive OHOL. I'm nothing if not consistent.

#6 2018-11-25 09:52:58

Psykout

I heavily second what Tarr said. Another game I play silences players when they get too many negative reports. They can not type in chat and everyone can see the silence icon, it gets ugly fast. Everything that goes wrong in that match is usually blamed on the silenced person, who in turn can't even express themselves. They become a target and are attacked by people hiding behind the idea that the silenced person is a second class citizen, a wrong doer, a criminal, even though the system is automated (X reports false or not can trigger it and appeals aren't easy because of the volume of players) and they are actually trying to be part of the team.

You would become a curse magnet and get stuck in a nasty loop, which is scary because accidental curse trains happen. Some guy few days back was obviously trying to stab me but was awful at clicking so I just avoided him for maybe a minute (stopping to alert people would put me at risk of getting stabbed) The entire time I had my own knife in my backpack because I was the baker and was turning the failed doughs from teaching kids into bread. I figured that if I stabbed him first it was more likely that I got cursed than him.

So yeah lets tack on a big ole flag on top of someone after an experience like that and watch the new grief meta become convince others to curse the innocent. Nothing could go wrong.

#7 2018-11-25 13:11:29

Lum

Let's not throw an obvious scapegoat into a social situation. Donkeytown is good. Too many curses? You get isolated. Not enough? You still have a chance to integrate into society without being discriminated against. Black bubbles are not a solution to anything, so let's not use them.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#8 2018-11-25 13:16:14

Randomname

Black speech bubbles are to cool to reward to naughty players, in fact we all know it encouraged people to grief so they could get them.

Board footer