One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-23 17:16:07

lionon

Chilldren of Befriended / Cursed

I don't know if this system is already in place, but is it possible to become a child of a player we cursed? If so please don't. (Similar like other online games that out of some nonsensical issued auto-grouped me into raids with people I had already blocked).

On the opposite, is it possible to befriend people and be somewhat more likely to be their children in future plays?

#2 2018-11-23 17:25:06

Tarr
Banned

Re: Chilldren of Befriended / Cursed

Nope. You'll be born to people you curse and they'll be born to you. Your best bet is to just learn peoples Eve surnames and avoid people you know who trolls. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the game to not have people you dislike born to you or vice versa.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2018-11-23 19:53:49

Jk Howling

Since the game is generally anonymous, there's little way to tell. Aside from eves that commonly use a specific surname for their family, or knowing someone well enough to recognize them on typing patterns alone, you'll never know who the people of your next life are and if you've played with them before.

And in all honesty, it's very hard to tell if it's someone you've played with before solely based off game encounters. Unless they stand out very much in a similar manner between both lives, it's just about impossible. It's also equally hard for people to recognize you based off these in-game encounters.

It's a bit different if you get to know people out-of-game, such as in the discord or forums. For example, I can usually spot Mirelli, if only due to all the reed skirts around camp, or Tarr and a few other players thanks to their go-to surnames, or pein sometimes if I get comments on doing corner entrances to sheep pens lol.

But on the other hand I've probably played with the same people quite a few times in-game and never noticed, because they don't make an impression. I've probably played with the same griefers a few times as well, and maybe even killed the same one across a couple lives. Who knows? Unless you get to know their particular style and quirks, and others get to know yours, you're anonymous.

-Has ascended to better games-

#4 2018-11-24 08:20:49

pein

i had a bro one game and had him as bro other game, we both lived around 60 min both times, and he figured it out based on a lineage link

hard to know someone well enough to spot who it is
i mean there are some core elements lot of us knows, so i kinda know that he must be someone good
like me and pharo had same priorities and we run into berry bowl making and apron knitting right away, while mirelly arrived back in skirt and seal skin
tarr is also pretty recognizable
also aurora but for all the bad reasons

generally if you make an outpost, smarter people will find it only and they will understand the reasons
i often give clothes to people who are hard working and smart and generally pays off

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-11-24 09:01:09

lionon

The game play being anonymous is a cool thing. Thats why I suggest the game not to birth me to people I cursed or have me giving birth to them, not having me to recognize them magically.

Similar with friends, don't need to know in game it is already a befriended person, but it may be nice to play more often with people one tagged as cool...

Board footer