One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-17 12:07:33

MultiLife

Help with AWBZ's mod issues

Hi guys, the iron nerf has finally pushed me to use mods. I broke the game's animations, probably when I overwrote the animations file with the extraction (thought that has to be done as the extraction gave me a new one?).

I think some sounds may be broken too. Can someone direct me to a solution or a step by step so I can fix this? Should I just get the old animation folder back? I wonder what I did wrong, it seemed to be simple enough.

I also have this odd dark gray wall sometimes, a the left side of the screen.

wYszKww.png

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-11-17 12:07:52)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2018-11-17 12:30:11

Elsayal

Re: Help with AWBZ's mod issues

Try to reinstall the game first.

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#3 2018-11-17 12:38:50

The_Llamacorn

You probably have the wrong version of the mod, the Awbz mod shouldn't replace the animations folder. Always update the mod when a new update comes out, here's the link: https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/release … Life+_v167

Also, I'd recommend joining the discord to ask for help, you usually get a quicker response there: https://discord.gg/G5tC56
Good luck!

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#4 2018-11-17 12:47:45

Obs

Like was already mentioned, it sounds like you used the "win_full" package, which is meant mostly as a Windows version of the test instance that you can setup on Linux (client/server/editor) all-in-one.  Run your own private server, etc.  There's a description of this package in the "Requirements" section, but I'll add it to the info below the releases on the next update.

If you're on Windows and already have the game installed, you'd want to use the top-most zip in the latest releases section and unzip that file (it should have 1 executable and 4 text files) into your game folder.  The install process is exactly the same as in the video that KrissJin made, only the installation folder will be wherever your game resides.

At this point, it's probably easier to just reinstall the game from scratch and then let it fully update before installing the mod.

As far as the black bar on the left side of the screen, that's a known issue that I'm working on fixing and related to the way I'm resizing elements on the screen when you adjust your zoom scale.  It seems to happen most when you're "fully" zoomed in at the default scale.  I think I know what the issue is, but until I fix it you can try to set your "fovScale" to something other than 1.0 (like 1.1 or something) and it shouldn't happen as much.  At least, I hope not!

Last edited by Obs (2018-11-17 12:51:22)

#5 2018-11-17 12:59:56

MultiLife

Okay! Nice, I'll get to a clean install. Thanks peeps! And thank you for the video! Haven't seen this yet.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#6 2018-11-17 14:05:06

tana

I have a weird mod behaviour, Awbz already know about it, but so far I seem to be the only one having it...

when I type to speak and don't press enter first I get a space added after my first letter and sometimes also a random letter, so intead of typing HELLO, it will type H ELLO or HX ELLO (X being a random letter, usually, x, o or p)
If I press enter first, to make the chat bubble appear, then it doesn't do it.

has anyone using it also encountered that bug ?

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#7 2018-11-17 17:42:09

MultiLife

Yep it works now, after downloading the right file and installing all updates and such.

tana wrote:

I have a weird mod behaviour, Awbz already know about it, but so far I seem to be the only one having it...

when I type to speak and don't press enter first I get a space added after my first letter and sometimes also a random letter, so intead of typing HELLO, it will type H ELLO or HX ELLO (X being a random letter, usually, x, o or p)
If I press enter first, to make the chat bubble appear, then it doesn't do it.

has anyone using it also encountered that bug ?

I got a weird FFWQOTTW kind of text today when I tried to type to talk, but it happened just once.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-11-17 17:42:31)

#8 2018-11-18 01:37:06

CrazyEddie

I have the same issue happening off and on. I also have occasional crashes; the crashes seem to only happen when I'm typing.

What can I do to help troubleshoot these issues?

#9 2018-11-18 06:39:13

pein

i  had q,w,d,s or something like that when pressing arrows/enter?
i don't know if its main game related, or mod related, i hear bear getting shot when its eating someone

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2018-11-18 19:53:55

randypandy

i still wish we could have wasd to move, i'm getting arm carpool tunnel symptoms and can't play as much as id like sad

#11 2018-11-18 20:46:39

tana

CrazyEddie wrote:

I have the same issue happening off and on. I also have occasional crashes; the crashes seem to only happen when I'm typing.

What can I do to help troubleshoot these issues?

I also have the crashes, they seem to happen when i'm using the shift key while typing but I'm not entirely certain, only that it definitely happens when typing.
There was a bug that made the game crash while typing, it was reported to Jason and he had fixed it, I don't think it has ever happened with vanilla client after that, only using the mod.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

Board footer