One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 06:55:56

coriander

Jacobs

I was Linnea Jacob, 3rd generation Jacob.

I just checked the family tree and one thing caught my eye - Sarah Jacob mentions Ashland Jacob feeding Hope Jacob and thereby saving the lineage. Ashland was my son! Now, I'm curious about this story. I died of old age after the birth of my second grandson, so I never got a chance to see Hope. Anyone know the specific details?

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1275355

#2 2018-10-24 09:16:32

WalrusesConquer

Re: Jacobs

I was a Jacob (seona) and found a note with those very words. Unfortunately all our girls died out. There were none when I turned 50.
What added extra salt to the wound was that I spent my life building a (albiet small) nursery because I was tired of babies using the smithing fire. I asked Dee Jacob to continue it
(Trustworthy young lad) and I hope they find some girls.

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#3 2018-10-24 12:49:29

pein

i was 6 gen later

killed a kid for pointing on gear and jumping off several times and a noob who tried to curse me for it before even asking what happened
also for something like ''you cant fix stupid''
''yes i can'' and i stabbed him as well

i was last girl of my generation and had many children, my two daughters were pretty close to old age when we had some fresh blood, one of them was this troll kid jumped off to point on gear, so i gave the better stuff to the other girl than she started yelling in 3 letters and throwing off the rabbit shawl that she needs the other, referencing to the apron i gave to the good baby, nino
she had no kids somewhy, 1 under 17min so wouldn't of helped keeping that disgraceful tina alive

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-10-24 13:58:25

WalrusesConquer

Oh yeah Tina was the worst. Another reason I wanted a nursery. Teach those darn kids some manners!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2018-10-24 16:02:46

Xan

I wrote the note. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1275032

When I was born Ashland was teaching my mom how to make a well. While making sure to feed her berries while talking to her. He taught her how to name me. She named me Boar after the wild pig running around north of the village. Ashland died of old age before seeing me grow hair. I was planning on helping my mom just as Ashland did but she suddenly fell dead with no warning. I had also been feeding her berries when able, so seeing her suddenly die after I grew hair meant that she left now that I was there. I was depressed after this. The town was nearly empty already. With her dead it was only Toby and I left in the village, and he was close to dying as well.

I went on a journey to find more iron. I came back home to an empty village. When I gave birth to Tiffany I told her about my sadness over my mother and that we were the only ones left. Tiffany helped me by getting supplies for the sanction kit needed for a mine I found earlier. After I opened the mine I gave birth to Tytan. I juggled him and the ore cart all the way back home. Tiffany then used the cart to gather branches for fences so we could finally pen our sheep. I died next to the grave I made for Ashland. I felt that he was reason I was born more than my mother that left me.

#6 2018-10-24 21:07:39

coriander

Ha! I remember the exact boar that you're talking about. It would sometimes come down to the ponds where my only daughter Skyland would be farming; it kept me worried for years. Though after 20+ generations, it's probably dead.

Good Ashland! He was a hard worker in his youth as well. I'm glad he saved the family. Thanks for sharing the story and leaving a piece of family lore in town.

Board footer