One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-16 02:47:17

sarannwrap

Killing over a hunk of metal?

So my mom died, I put her crown in my pack bc it was a part of her and I figured I'd pass it on to a worthy person.  Wasn't even wearing it.  This girl starts chasing me with a bow.  I died from lag starvation, and I really hope she didn't get it.  Considering most people don't respect random queens who do diddly squat except run around with a horse and stop by every person to imply hey I am a QUEEN cuzIkilledsomedudewhodidworkwhenIdidsquat... why do people kill over crowns?  Is donkey town really worth a shiny hat that usually makes people respect you less since it wasn't even yours and you tried (and failed) to kill someone?  I only kept it so she wouldn't get it, since all she did was run around with a bow and arrow.  I have no hate for kings/queens with good leadership skills, but obviously someone who spends their whole life trying to kill a person who has what he/she wants is not that kind of king or queen.

#2 2018-10-16 04:51:38

FeverDog

Re: Killing over a hunk of metal?

People want to scratch their boredom itch.  I can sympathize as this game does feel somewhat repetitive and purposeless at times accurately modelling life in that way.  So they try to spice things up with some conflict or achievement.  I suppose if you're about to quit for the day/month/forever why not go out with a bang?  I agree it's stupid but there you go.  I generally try to avoid crowns at all costs because they just attract griefing and idiocy.

#3 2018-10-16 05:52:59

MultiLife

The first time I was murdered in this game was when I had a crown passed to me (once again). I was going to look for an heir as soon as I got the crown but an old woman (I think her name was Princess?) ran to me and stabbed me, a 43 year old male who had worked as a smith through his life and had owned the crown for a minute. The woman ran away and died to Old Age.
Before that, a "roleplayer" tried to stab me in a life where our town had two crowns (I suspect she wanted to roleplay as a regal pair with my son). She didn't land a hit on me though as she was bouncing off berry bushes. I stole her knife in the end as she had to set it down, but I never killed her.

In a more recent life, I found a crown by a corpse, and as there were only three people in our tiny town, I took it so people may come to me to ask about things. Once I was an old man, a young man tried to roleplay about the crown, and got me concerned. He seemed odd, so I took off and ran far, leaving the crown hidden. Towns are better off without them so bored players don't start stupid stuff and make playing hell for others.

And yes I always say no to crowns unless it's just to pass it on someone worthy. Still killed me though, heh.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-10-16 05:56:52)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-10-16 07:27:02

pein

i generally kill you and hide that piece of metal

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-10-16 09:16:20

JonySky
Website

Whenever I can, I hide the crown far away, beyond the reach of idiots who believe that by wearing a crown, they are the leaders of the city ...
Citizens who are buried in marked stones because they are loved by all, or because they have performed some heroic or epic act are the real kings and leaders of this game ...

The players who wear a crown on their head, but only dedicate themselves to saying nonsense, to order stupid tasks without taking into account the real needs of the city or the kings who play a meaningless role are just idiots with a piece of metal in the head ... one more player who can be killed at any time and will not have any negative impact on the city

#6 2018-10-17 19:09:29

TrustyWay

Crowned people must be careful to aways have a knife to defend yourself and never stay still, I usually kill 3 people in average when I used to play a lot as a crowned man just for self defense. There are always some people who don't like chiefs no matter if you are good or evil. I think king and queen are useful if they give good orders or good titles because many people feel empty and it's repetitive.

#7 2018-10-18 06:27:12

sarannwrap

I did have a knife actually, but she had a bow and arrow she refused to set down. XP

#8 2018-10-18 07:43:51

FeverDog

A king/queen could be useful as a griefer magnet.

#9 2018-10-18 08:48:53

sarannwrap

FeverDog wrote:

Oh wow, that is an amazing idea.

#10 2018-10-19 19:51:40

TrustyWay

FeverDog wrote:

The idea to kill a kingqueen for any reason is obviously present is many people's mind. Crown is hardcore gaming.

#11 2018-10-21 16:37:23

Lum

FeverDog wrote:

People want to scratch their boredom itch.  I can sympathize as this game does feel somewhat repetitive and purposeless at times accurately modelling life in that way.  So they try to spice things up with some conflict or achievement.  I suppose if you're about to quit for the day/month/forever why not go out with a bang?  I agree it's stupid but there you go.  I generally try to avoid crowns at all costs because they just attract griefing and idiocy.

Nobody wants to go out with a bang if it means spending 8 hours in donkey town next time they really want to play

ign: summerstorm, they/them

Board footer