One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-14 03:19:39

UnnoticedShadow

Weirdest World Gen Expiriences

Share your weird expiriences with world generation, mine would personally be when I found a arctic cactus, but I never took a pic.

#2 2018-10-14 03:21:21

Tea

Re: Weirdest World Gen Expiriences

A penguin in the desert ... he looked very suspicious  !

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#3 2018-10-14 04:23:08

Jk Howling

I recently saw like 3 wild boars running around in the desert, nowhere near a swamp. It was very odd. I called them desert pigs and avoided that area like sin lmao.

-Has ascended to better games-

#4 2018-10-14 06:23:47

Booklat1

2 golds side by side

#5 2018-10-14 10:55:59

pein

7 iron veins in a connected biome, or even more, not sure

i seen huge deserts in 3 sides of a town, that was pretty huge town and interesting

i had 20+ wild berry bushes in a screen, really closeby

generally monoliths really mess up the generation, i had a town, where there was like 30 fragments of green biome with some trees, but no food at all

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-10-14 13:23:54

Rohen

A penguin and a snake in the same green biome.

#7 2018-10-15 03:18:12

GreatShawn

snow banks and ice holes in the desert

#8 2018-10-15 11:34:24

FeverDog

About 40 or more ice holes together in one area near a large city.  This was just last week so some of you might remember the city. 

Or was that something the players did that I'm not aware of?

#9 2018-10-15 18:59:31

Jk Howling

FeverDog wrote:

About 40 or more ice holes together in one area near a large city.  This was just last week so some of you might remember the city. 

Or was that something the players did that I'm not aware of?

It's a known glitch in the system that Jason has yet to figure out, actually. Penguins will pop out of an ice hole, move a short distance, and create a new ice hole- regardless of the biome its in, or the availability of other ice holes. Seems to happen most commonly around big settlements with many people.

Unfortunately Jason has yet to figure out what causes this, or how to duplicate it on his test server. I think part of the trigger might be number of people, as I've never seen it happen in small camps or villages.

-Has ascended to better games-

#10 2018-10-18 23:20:02

Starknight_One

I spawned in as the firstborn daughter of an Eve that had somehow spawned inside a tutorial zone. We broke out after a son was stillborn to me, and shortly afterwards my daughter was born. Sadly, she seemed to be hard of hearing; she survived to be able to run about on her own, but didn't listen when I told her to follow me. There was a lot of food left back in the tutorial, and we could have lived on that until the crops came in, child. And there were other tutorial zones nearby that we could loot, as well. It would have been a grand village of tomb-robbers!

I left seeding carrots, a few berry bushes, and tilled rows. I buried my mother and daughter, but didn't make letters in time (and I wasn't sure where the chisel was, if we had one). I died at the foot of my daughter's grave, by the sapling that I had taken cuttings from to plant... just north of the home marker.

A bell had rung before I planted that, btw... it was 1.6G tiles away. Let that sink in. smile

Our short-lived line. If I ever get there as an Eve, I'll call myself Newport.

#11 2018-10-19 19:16:43

pein

had a weird life where the eve settled in a desert, and my mom, her daughter carried me back from a green biome, they had nothing back home cause was no water, but it was tons of cacti, 6 people could survive on it easily

i didnt wanted to go far from the fam cause they already had 3 girls popping babies, eventually me and sis survived, and one son was okayish, asking what to do, so i made a kiln on the desert, closest spot to nearest swamp which is still a desert, i made a pack from the fur granny had, when i keep her lineage alive i thought i deserve at least a pack
i was taking back a lot of stuff but people are just too confused when no water right on the spot, they do nothing and die out, some kids liked the idea of cacti farming but eventually lot of them died to snakes, not sure what happened later, i planned to make a road to water and some carrots there (berry still better on spot than close to water) but i checked a message on discord and i died after, running into a snake

the cacti made a shit spot viable, and i scouted pretty far, no other good spots with desert/water or water/soil combo

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer