One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-04 19:26:48

Catfive

Rosalie 'adopted' quint

Mum was RP'ing being demented, murders abounded and I quickly moved away form the drama only to see a little girl begging to be named by some woman who just plain ignored her. After 5 minutes or so running around, us both asking people to name her I asked mum and she did the only productive thing she had in that life, she named 'rosalie' for us which in itself felt like a victory!

After this we hunted and found the stew materials which Rosalie worked on most of her life while I went off to make burritos and tacos to give her. Our paths crossed many times as she asked me to name her daughter Bernadette (I was Bernard) and another I named Fiona. I had to compete to make the food as many would take items I needed at exactly the wrong moment, also a real 'yum master' was making all the rarer foods far better than I but right at the end Rosia took a burrito and raised it just as my life slipped away.

Simple story yes but great meeting you 'Rosie' smile

#2 2018-10-04 20:00:42

WalrusesConquer

Re: Rosalie 'adopted' quint

I was Joshua!
Unfortunately I died to a snake behind a tree north looking for rabbits ti make NY sister a backpack
It was such a shame as I really liked my mom,unkle and Janine (bonding over drugs)
Did you find out who left the note "how do I write?" In the stone building?

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#3 2018-10-04 20:26:26

MultiLife

Bernard!! It's me, 'Rosie'!

I was born into the hassle of multiple murders, my mother held me but got busy as the killings continued. Annebelle Quint (your big sister) picked me up and brought me away from the knife wielding people. Nobody managed to name me at this point, even with so many people around me.
pDPPiTB.jpg

--
I hung around the town center, asking for a name before I'd get too old to be picked up; as a girl, it'd be good to have the surname to pass on. Then you appeared, helping me ask around as I started to lose hope. I thought, "You can name me when I'm older", but due to the speech limitation, I kept it as a thought and waddled alongside you around the town. People were so busy, even the baker didn't notice me although I was being cute with my blushy cheeks! I hovered around nearby when I noticed you still hadn't given up, and brought your mother to me. I was glad I got a name, but I did lose the surname. Oh well! I had already decided you will name all my kids!
G1gSpnj.jpg

--
Funny how we both decided to set off to find the stew gardens, the big southern corn field was surely one odd sight. I like how we kept running into each other! As I got my first baby, she seemed new. But I let her walk away as she hopped off from our arms. Then I got my second and last child, a girl, and I'm happy you got to name her! I think I forgot to say thank you, but thank you! And hi Bernadette, you lived long! Sadly I didn't find you later on to say goodbyes.
6qjgV6h.jpg
fEWrXzR.jpg

--
I'd work around the town, trying to accomplish all sorts of tasks, whatever was needed. Odd jobs, but I did keep checking on you a little bit, just to know you were still around. I checked on you as you stood in the desert, ready to feed you in case you wouldn't respond. I was hauling firewood to the storage room, almost asked if you wanted to do it with me, but you had the cooking going on, so I decided to keep that one just as a thought, too. When I saw you got old, putting dough on plates, I was writing to you; "Bernard, incase you are gone before we meet again, I want to say goodbyes", but suddenly you spoke your last words, "Rosie, eat tacos and burritos" and I deleted my message quickly, trying to start over; "I will!" is what I got out as you died right then and there. I scooped up your remains and hurried to the stew garden. I had been collecting stumps in the northern swamp (for kindling) so I grabbed the shovel, fighting against starvation, and gathered the flat rock, and buried you right above the stew gardens. As I got old, I dragged myself to stand next to your grave, dying next to you.
SCNnPpf.jpg

I was just sketching a little something;
dRnc4FU.png
I could do something more than just this, now that I bumped into this nice little surprise in the forums! smile

And yes, it was lovely meeting you, too! Did you see my last words?

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-10-05 15:56:51)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#4 2018-10-04 20:57:16

Catfive

That is fab multi, love the sketch! Your last words I saw were 'I will' and that was great in itself but your last words after burying me (I'm flattered you went to the trouble) are awesome, ty so much.
One of those lives that keeps me coming back to this game smile

Last edited by Catfive (2018-10-04 20:57:39)

#5 2018-10-04 20:59:50

Catfive

WalrusesConquer wrote:

I was Joshua!
Unfortunately I died to a snake behind a tree north looking for rabbits ti make NY sister a backpack
It was such a shame as I really liked my mom,unkle and Janine (bonding over drugs)
Did you find out who left the note "how do I write?" In the stone building?

I read your note when I was headed out to find rabbits too, I got lucky making it out and back a few times early game collecting milkweed to make a bucket for my quest to make tacos and burritos!

#6 2018-10-04 21:04:34

Aurora Aurora

Demented mom here!
Glad to be in the story!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#7 2018-10-05 07:07:55

pein

suicided like 5 times, that was a shit town, no deep wells but dumb stone buildings and stupid roads around

i seen quite a few japanese moms nowadays

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-10-05 08:32:14

Aurora Aurora

pein wrote:

suicided like 5 times, that was a shit town, no deep wells but dumb stone buildings and stupid roads around

Oh there were these 2 ladies who only spoke Japanese. I fucking hated them.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#9 2018-10-05 08:44:45

PeaGirl

Nani?
41217666.jpg

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#10 2018-10-05 09:40:08

MultiLife

The only japanese I saw was that Yokatta so, yokatta I didn't have to hear it more than that. But honestly I wouldn't have cared, if it had annoyed me I'd have grabbed Bernard and ran away to make an outpost for us! But I was too content helping the town.

pein wrote:

I think there was only one stone building. The roads helped to wrap the farms efficiently and there was quite a few deep wells. Often dried of course. Those two wells in my last pic could've easily been made into deep wells. To me that was a fine town with lower than average water supply. Water is always an issue at this stage, but there was enough in the northern swamp. We just really need ditch digging mechanics to lead the water to the dried up wells. Or more cisterns?
I could've made cisterns and deep wells but I didn't realize it back then so I just collected logs and such for others to use for buckets and planks.
But thank you for not staying to kill. I'll take suicidal babies any day over that.

Last edited by MultiLife (2018-10-05 09:44:22)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#11 2018-10-05 14:30:36

InSpace

Do you take requests for drawings? A bob plz

#12 2018-10-05 15:22:31

PeaGirl

InSpace wrote:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4dzMgUxNyKGGnl3IXDgCV5wHZZM5_Pmm95aZD2kFJsgPVqYSQ0g

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#13 2018-10-05 15:53:59

InSpace

ty

#14 2018-10-05 21:30:19

MultiLife

InSpace wrote:

In order to produce artwork of a Bob, one must understand what a true Bob is. I cannot create the true Bob without instructions!

#15 2018-10-05 21:36:29

MultiLife

Bernaaard! I was in the same town today!

Here is how the place where I buried you looks like now:
GFO8Y7f.jpg

I made you two notes:
QRu9t0z.jpg
TGJzIvj.jpg

smile

#16 2018-10-05 22:22:57

Catfive

I've just been there as Eve Norse but didn't have any luck with kids all suiciding. I found your notes Rosie! Place is huge now but didn't feel the same without you there..

#17 2018-10-06 09:01:12

MultiLife

Catfive wrote:

I've just been there as Eve Norse but didn't have any luck with kids all suiciding. I found your notes Rosie! Place is huge now but didn't feel the same without you there..

Aw, was the town empty when you arrived as Eve Norse? The place was huge for sure! Lovely seeing all sorts of projects expanding the town as people come and go. big_smile
And yeah, I was about to write the same; it wasn't the same without you..

#18 2018-10-06 11:40:27

Tea

Catfive wrote:

Some of your children survived, I was Katie Norse and had three beautiful children wink

When I came back as Bobby Black, someone had cut all of the trees of the beautiful garden. It took me and another person two life times to replant it ! I hope the next generation took care of the trees that we planted ! I would be devastated if this place got destroyed again sad

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#19 2018-10-06 12:11:43

Catfive

Tea wrote:
Catfive wrote:

Some of your children survived, I was Katie Norse and had three beautiful children wink

When I came back as Bobby Black, someone had cut all of the trees of the beautiful garden. It took me and another person two life times to replant it ! I hope the next generation took care of the trees that we planted ! I would be devastated if this place got destroyed again sad

Outstanding work on rebuilding the garden - it was something unique to any settlement I've been in and this one especially deserves to be a special place.
I was unaware any of my line survived from Eve Norse but that's good news smile

Board footer