One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-30 17:43:46

Booklat1

Trolls in the forums (How to get them out)

So, we keep having trolls posting how badass they think they are by killing a bunch of noobs. Its lame as fuck, but it's not against the rules. Moreso they also like it when people complain and curse at them for doing it.

The solution is, obviously, not feeding the troll. Be aware of what it is doing, if it's spamming and actually violating the rules (calling other peoples names is the most common ban, i think). If that is the case just talk to one of the moderators, they'll be happy to help.

#2 2018-09-30 17:50:21

Stylingirl

Re: Trolls in the forums (How to get them out)

There is a report button on every post someone makes. All you have to do is report it and we will review the post, and carry out a warning or punishment if need be. Senseless fighting and name calling gets us nowhere and only contributes to the toxicity of this community, even if it's aimed towards a troll. Please be sensible and report anything you may think is against the rules, but don't give them the attention they crave.

#3 2018-09-30 17:59:28

Turnipseed

Not giving them any attention is the best way to avoid them posting more often trolls are bored. Its why they do it. Just dont give them anything to have fun with and they will move on

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#4 2018-09-30 18:08:09

MultiLife

I actually didn't even realize there was that report button, used it for the first time now. Glad he made it easy for us with some of his messages.

I remember when trolls were a good thing. A fun thing. They were pointing out people who took things too seriously when gaming and people who took offense out of anything. Now it seems that a new generation of "trolls" have surfaced who thought that trolling is just about being an a-hole when that's not what it was. I want to suspect these "new trolls" were trolled by a good troll, but they never learned what trolling was about and started to "troll" assuming it's just being a dick.

"U Mad Bro Song" by TEAMHEADKICK is a great view on online trolling, I wish people understood the point of it better. Here's the song if someone is curious, it's old ofc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckt4gi5XVKM

Another good trolling is creating silly chaos that some people get and also pointing out how people are silly online (the ones believing the good trolling);
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us4Eti0UmDI

Make trolls great again!

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2018-09-30 18:09:31

Turnipseed

They got so bad jason had to send them all to D-town

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#6 2018-09-30 18:10:29

MultiLife

Turnipseed wrote:

They got so bad jason had to send them all to D-town

Now they get all the D these a-holes need. Huehuehuehue.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2018-09-30 18:14:42

InSpace

Does naming specific names ingame count as trolling? Asking for a friend

#8 2018-09-30 18:26:50

UnnoticedShadow

I believe that most, if not all of the trolls lately have been SuperFun alt accounting, however, this is apparently not a big issue. 

These alt accounting problems could be fixed if the two letter code you need to put in was updated so that there was more than one possibility for a code, and once you used that code word, it became invalid.

#9 2018-10-01 03:36:14

pein

solution, so people wont call you a noob:

1 dont be a noob
2 see point 1
3 see point 2
4 arsenal'

prison rules man, you cant just go and cry for momma, stand up for yourself, ofc is not against the rules, you got a fair chance to be ignored if you dont do dumbfuck things, or to defend yourself if you do

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2018-10-02 02:47:40

boggers

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

These alt accounting problems could be fixed if the two letter code you need to put in was updated so that there was more than one possibility for a code, and once you used that code word, it became invalid.

Directly linking forum registration to paid accounts on the server before OHOL goes live on steam might be a good idea.

Looks like it would not be too hard to set that up as a custom FluxBB mod.

Board footer