One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-28 23:33:13

helloworld

Collective Co-operation to Attain Perm. Iron/Stone/Clay Settlement.

So, I have been floating ideas on forum. Ideas for some sort of advancement in civilization (engaging gameplay, and game mechanic).

Theres a idea that seems like the right direction.

--Key Idea--

-Co-operation to attain stable resource depot camp. (similar to trading, But highly dependent)

Concept

Town A: has typical good temp (desert edge), water source (swamp), Soil, Tree (greenland)
Town A: produce large amount of food (Thriving typical town), Apron, and pottery.
Town A: consume large amount of iron/stone/clay (currently not so much, but still limited)

New Biome (large in size 30x typical biome), with dangerous animals  ----  (current template - Rainforest Biome)
Rainforest biome - Has Tiger (unkillable), Snake, various dangerous animals
Rainforest biome tile can't be farmed

---Reason for entering such dangerous terrain---
Special Object (in center of biome) - Deep Iron vine, Deep Stone Quarry, Deep Clay Pit
Special object found in the very center of the biome.

This special object provided stable source of iron/stone/clay

Town B: A settlement protected with wall surrounding the camp (from tigers and other dangerous animal roaming)
Town B: produce large amount of raw resource
Town B: Use Railroad to trade resource with "Town A" (due to danger of walking with cart)

*special Note: I think this game mechanic can be attain with the suggested (10x-20x current biome)
Of course with some balancing, as some of you are already more in-depth then this post

Feel free to share your thoughts on the concept of the idea.

#2 2018-09-29 02:08:37

Booklat1

Re: Collective Co-operation to Attain Perm. Iron/Stone/Clay Settlement.

I like most of these ideas. A few things I would change is mines not necessarily being in the center of the biome, as it sounds too dungeony for this game, i think, and tigers not being killable. Probably more interesting if they could be killed but took two arrows and moved faster/in a different motion. I'm not sure if I think mines should be infinite, but definitely should have many times the amount of resources we usually get.

In a biome this big the no-farm rule isn't even really needed since it would still take a lot of water transporting to make farms there viable. could be a nice use for railroads + cisterns.

I like the ideas of biomes that do very specific things but also allow for some niche benefits in other circunstances (like skipping bowls with a pouch and hoe with a skewer), so maybe this biome could have natural food too (but tigers should really be really meany and hard to avoid so i think it balances). I ike the you mentioned having more than one dangerous animal too, makes it all more challenging.

#3 2018-09-29 03:27:57

SirCaio

+1
High risk high reward would do wonders for this game!

#4 2018-09-29 05:51:58

pein

tigers should push away the item you are standing on and attack again

tigers or whatever animals should be able to kill you running through you and push away items under you, also hide in high bushes
so one couldnt kill you but two could
you should be able to kill them but they would be like dogs, only with self sustaining style, go old, and spawn babies
maybe have a food source you could kill to starve them out

this special bioms shouldnt allow building either
only near them
it would be quite heavy on resources to animate them this way so should be a way to open this biome, or it would go back to dormant and regenerate after a while

the resourcees there should also vary and decay in short time

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-09-29 23:28:49

Joseph Stalin

cool

Board footer