One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-24 21:29:21

UnnoticedShadow

Bowled Berries, will Jason ever fix this?

For as long as the yum bonus has existed, bowled berries have acted as a different food than regular berries, thus giving one more to the yum bonus.  This means that you can put a berry in a bowl and eat it for one more hunger. (as many of you are aware)  Does Jason plan to fix this, or is he going to leave it in the game?

#2 2018-09-24 21:33:46

Turnipseed

Re: Bowled Berries, will Jason ever fix this?

Be quiet... if he dont know about it he cant fix it so shhhhhhhhh

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#3 2018-09-24 21:42:41

UnnoticedShadow

He does, though for some reason it has been left alone, I am just curious why, and almost think it could be deliberate or something?

#4 2018-09-24 22:36:27

Catfive

Don't go scuppering my first yum bonus ffs!

#5 2018-09-24 22:48:45

pein

berries in a bowl are different name so gives yum
same goes for half potatoes
i think it isnt that big of a deal, its a nice trick to get one yum
sometimes all you got is berry and like 2 more foods so chain 4 yum and repeat

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-09-24 22:56:00

Tea

Of course berries in bowls taste different ! Because it's all nice and served in a bowl and we all now that food, that is served on a nice platter, taste better. So it makes perfect sense !

That being said, pls don't touch my first yum point .... I like all of my yum points .... don't .... don't take it away from me .... please !

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#7 2018-09-24 23:09:06

UnnoticedShadow

So why can't we put aberry on a plate?  or in a water bowl?  Or eat bowled carrots?  Point is, it is an unfair and stupid advantage.

#8 2018-09-25 01:04:37

SomeRandomPerson

Whi cares, it's one yum point. I don't even use it because it's easier to carry a pie with you then hunt a different food everytime your hungry.

#9 2018-09-25 13:04:05

Falsewall

Edge case not worth fixing.

#10 2018-09-25 20:05:36

UnnoticedShadow

While I get why some people want this to stay, as it is convenient, in reality do we really want this bug to stay in forever, and be a part of the base game?  Because that's what will happen, if we don't fix it.  If this is really necessary for the yum bonuses though, than it's a problem with the yum bonus itself, not the bug fixing it. 

Although this bug may be convenient, it shouldn't be overlooked because it is not game-breaking, and if people really like this perhaps certain foods should give more yum points, or a food preparation system be required late-game.

Whether or not it is convenient, it is definitely not something that should be a game feature, and should probably get fixed in the steam release along with (possibly) Sheep pens

#11 2018-09-25 20:13:30

Turnipseed

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

While I get why some people want this to stay, as it is convenient, in reality do we really want this bug to stay in forever, and be a part of the base game?  Because that's what will happen, if we don't fix it.  If this is really necessary for the yum bonuses though, than it's a problem with the yum bonus itself, not the bug fixing it. 

Although this bug may be convenient, it shouldn't be overlooked because it is not game-breaking, and if people really like this perhaps certain foods should give more yum points, or a food preparation system be required late-game.

Whether or not it is convenient, it is definitely not something that should be a game feature, and should probably get fixed in the steam release along with (possibly) Sheep pens

Nope is a feature we needs it

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#12 2018-09-25 20:15:35

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, the Yum system is just looking for unique objects that you eat.  When they are in the bowl, the are different, unique objects.  There will be many other cases like this.  Edge case that's probably not worth fixing.

But you can think of how berries get nice and soupy when they're in a bowl.  This is not the primitive meal of your great grandmother!

Board footer