One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-19 01:23:19

UnnoticedShadow

Is Botting Punishable?

Since Donkytown came out, a certain person came out and started botting in order to successfully leave Donkytown, during which time said person had inevitably spam botted on the main server, for at least a small amount of time.  This has sparked interest in simple and complex botting all over the forums, but while it is clearly frowned upon, we have not been given a clear answer: Is Botting Punishable?

The awnser to this is clearly yes to a certain extent, as it is a feature that causes nothing but harm to the game and could destroy it en mass, but if such is true, shouldn't bots as a whole be banned as well, whether as severe as Santan, or as lowly as escaping Donkytown?  I understand that you have been trying to avoid this issue but it will eventually become more severe than it is now, regardless.  I feel a great start to this would be to give out at least temporary bans to the people who have admitted to botting for bad reasons, as it would be making a statement to other botters. (and forum-trolls. . .)

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-19 01:37:29)

#2 2018-09-19 01:31:58

Sovietico21

Re: Is Botting Punishable?

The bias wich this forum is guided with, hurt my stomach. How about baning the zoom mod also? Or the people who make a guide on how to glitch bears?

Last edited by Sovietico21 (2018-09-19 01:32:14)

#3 2018-09-19 01:33:54

UnluckyLucy

the thing about santan... he wasn't banned. he just isnt allowed to be on all 15 servers simultaneously.

For the love of god, berries DO NOT regrow on domestic bushes unless emptied, resoiled, and watered

#4 2018-09-19 01:35:09

UnnoticedShadow

I am sorry about the bias, but botting is much more threatening than the bear glitch, as it is an external feature that has players play the game when they are not, which is useless besides greifing and donkytown.  The bear glitch is a problem with the actual game, and not external features, and the zoom mod very well could be banned, Jason just decided to let it slide:)

(My mistake about Santan)

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-19 01:35:30)

#5 2018-09-19 01:38:54

Sovietico21

threatening for whom? Do you know how many cursed people are in donkey town? Probably one or two at the same time.
The glitching and abuse of game mechanics hurt the whole server.

#6 2018-09-19 01:42:10

UnnoticedShadow

Good point, as glitches do hurt whole servers, and I will not deny that.  However, botting could become threatening to everyone in the game at a point, if enough bots are active in order to significantly impact the game.  I suppose this is not happening yet, but it is better to solve a problem sooner than later.

#7 2018-09-19 01:45:32

Sovietico21

What the guy is using is hardly a bot its probably a macro, you can get by with some minors fixes, the thing is only one guy,  if some other smarter dude gets on the rat race of defeting the defenses, then it will be a never ending task for one guy and will hurt the progresion of his work on other updates. Jason need to realice donkey town is not the way to go, at least not yet.

#8 2018-09-19 01:52:00

UnnoticedShadow

I think Donkytown is a great temporary solution, as things are out of hand with greifing, but what they are doing really is not a bot, I will admit.  Perhaps I am more upsetted by how reluctant the forum is to punish someone who admits to botting for the wrong reasons, but that is a different story.  As bots are really not an issue that could not be solved with some macro patch, I feel they should perhaps not be fixated on much, as they are not yet that much of a problem.

#9 2018-09-19 02:02:30

Booklat1

just curse him enough times, soon it'll take ages for his curses to reset

#10 2018-09-19 06:00:39

Joriom
Website

Official Jasons statement from 24/04/2018 - some parts are redacted.

unknown.png

#11 2018-09-19 11:08:16

Baker

Joriom wrote:

Official Jasons statement from 24/04/2018 - some parts are redacted.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … nknown.png

But he does have the ability to ban people if need be. Didn't know he could but I don't imagine he has done it to anyone else.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#12 2018-09-19 13:11:07

Superfun2
Banned

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

Since Donkytown came out, a certain person came out and started botting in order to successfully leave Donkytown, during which time said person had inevitably spam botted on the main server, for at least a small amount of time.  This has sparked interest in simple and complex botting all over the forums, but while it is clearly frowned upon, we have not been given a clear answer: Is Botting Punishable?

The awnser to this is clearly yes to a certain extent, as it is a feature that causes nothing but harm to the game and could destroy it en mass, but if such is true, shouldn't bots as a whole be banned as well, whether as severe as Santan, or as lowly as escaping Donkytown?  I understand that you have been trying to avoid this issue but it will eventually become more severe than it is now, regardless.  I feel a great start to this would be to give out at least temporary bans to the people who have admitted to botting for bad reasons, as it would be making a statement to other botters. (and forum-trolls. . .)

I was the one who sparked interest into the curse system AND Donkey town so I sparked 3 discussioms so far.... New record yeee

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#13 2018-09-19 16:39:56

Catfive

Superfun2 wrote:
UnnoticedShadow wrote:

I was the one who sparked interest into the curse system AND Donkey town so I sparked 3 discussioms so far.... New record yeee

Yep that's likely your lifetime 15 minutes of fame for this lifetime

#14 2018-09-19 16:45:56

UnnoticedShadow

My 15 minutes of fame happened when I got shouted out in this video (Andrew Baumunk)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmXjLtqB-jQ  This is a really sad 15 minutes of fame if you think about it though, for SuperFun.

#15 2018-09-19 19:00:39

Stylingirl

Bots and mods are accepted by Jason. The game is open source so people can do whatever they want with the game as long as it doesn't break the game. The teleport and deleting glitches are different issues that Jason may or may not address.

#16 2018-09-19 19:04:49

Superfun2
Banned

HUZZAH ^^^^

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

Board footer