One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-16 16:24:54

UnnoticedShadow

Auto-Clicker Bots

While this has not been a problem in the past, with the arrival of Donkytown Auto-Clicker bots can be used as an easy escape, as you can just put an auto-clicker to do the work for you.  Eventually, whether accidental or not, these auto-clicker bots could leave Donkytown, and mess with people in the main servers.  As  such, I have a solution that hopefully will be able to fix such a problem.

If a person plays five games in a row without eating anything, their tab will automatically shut down, which will have to be reopened, which bots cannot do.  However, to prevent advanced auto-clickers if you do FIFTY runs without eating anything, your curse score will be brought up by eight, making it so that only the most advanced autoclicker bots can work, and even those will be stuck in Donkytown forever, where auto-clickers will be birthed to auto-clickers:)

(Example of Autoclick bot https://i.imgur.com/I0sGl73.gifv)

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-16 16:25:25)

#2 2018-09-16 17:30:44

Superfun2
Banned

Re: Auto-Clicker Bots

This can be easily solved by image recognizton a berry bush or onions to eat them... its really that easy

P.S i deleted the video big_smile

Last edited by Superfun2 (2018-09-16 17:31:12)

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#3 2018-09-16 17:32:07

Superfun2
Banned

AND bots can open up game tabs... dumb ass smh

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#4 2018-09-16 17:41:46

Stylingirl

I really don't care because it still takes them away from the regular civs for an hour. They could still live multiple lives by just watching videos and clicking respawn every time they starve. They aren't required to be playing and moving at all times. If wasting an hour so they can have 10 minutes of fun is what they want to do, then I say let them go nuts.

#5 2018-09-16 18:28:01

UnnoticedShadow

The point of it is that without some kind of advanced bot, that probably is not worth the time to make for these trolls, it will stop pretty much all of them.  It would be very easy to program (I think) and would solve a lot.

I was thinking of recording your imagur vid, but it isn't worth the time.

Also its more than that, as people can do this when they are NOT in donkeytown, and have a click-bot baby that can ruin the game anyways.

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-16 18:30:58)

#6 2018-09-16 20:12:17

Joriom
Website

You don't really need an "advanced bot" to log in, find berry, eat some berries, move randomly around, finally starve or get eaten by wolf, repeat.

Jason himself provides us with basic bot called "Stress Test Client" in his game code. You just need to compile it. It logs in and runs around randomly untill it starves.
It does not login to official serves (does not have auth support in it - so only custom servers without login check enabled) and does not reconnect but it took me just few minutes to fix those problems back when I was using this as a base to develope Santan bot.

Looking how protocol is basic ASCII text messages and how its well documented in game source code - you could realistically write a basic bot that releases curses, from scratch on any platform in just few hours. Remember - you don't need graphical interface for bot to operate - just the terminal/console window. Behind the scenes everything is number and how they are organized is very well documented and publicly available - provided by Jason himself.

#7 2018-09-16 21:04:35

UnnoticedShadow

True you don't need an advanced bot, but the only form of bot I have seen is an auto-clicker, and that surly would not work with named system.  Overall, it can't hurt so why not?  It's not difficult to add or anything.

Edit:  Going back to what you said about "image recognition" you would need a much more complicated click-bot, that would probably need to be self programmed, or made for said purpose, to walk around and click on nearest berry bushes, than itself, which would repel greifers for some time, as there is no such click-bot available at the moment.

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-16 23:17:54)

Board footer