One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-16 15:57:15

Lotus

N/A

N/A

Last edited by Lotus (2018-12-26 05:58:09)

#2 2018-09-16 16:02:42

UnnoticedShadow

Re: N/A

Talk about bad luck, so many noobs.

#3 2018-09-16 20:05:12

Ellesanna

I was part of the moist lineage this afternoon. My name was Tempest Moist and I had one of my daughters beg me to kill her so that she wouldn't be born back into the town. It was a living nightmare because the landscape had been left barren except for goose ponds so you needed to spend like two minutes riding the roads to gather resources- it seemed like no matter how far you got the stuff you needed to progress was still too far away.
i eventually gave up at 43 because I had to go and do chores rl but it was a painnnnn. We were literally living off of omelots.

#4 2018-09-16 20:25:01

pein

only the noobs stay

sometimes i show them how to get a berry bowl, then they leave at the camp and go exploring even after i showed them around
asking questions where is the oven? do you see sheep? then i didnt made oven either and i wont, and starve
last run i had like 9 girls and only 1 survived, and even we had tools, we died out there, one girl moved out and made a long lineage
sometimes nothing you can do

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-09-17 03:49:24

VioletLily

I noticed there were a lot of new players playing yesterday morning. I am a very patient person but I was at my wit's end and had to step away from the game and do something else.

So many new players.

I don't have anything against new players. In fact, I love teaching new players but there were simply too many to make that feasible. You can't teach in chaos.

I was in a lot of camps that were very obviously made by some less experienced players. "It's fine", I though to myself, "I can fix it". I tried, I really did,  but people kept getting in the way and nobody was helping (in fact, many were doing the exact opposite, albeit unintentionally). I was struggling to support 10 people on my own while also trying to evolve the camp to prevent it from dying out. Then I finally realized my time would be better served doing something less stressful and I decided to suicide and read a book instead.

I'm sorry for the people I failed. I loved you all and I made the same mistakes you all did as a new player, so I understand. There were just so many of you and it was too much for me to do alone. I hope we can play together again under better circumstances.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-17 07:36:06)

#6 2018-09-17 05:36:02

SomeRandomPerson

pein wrote:

only the noobs stay

sometimes i show them how to get a berry bowl, then they leave at the camp and go exploring even after i showed them around
asking questions where is the oven? do you see sheep? then i didnt made oven either and i wont, and starve
last run i had like 9 girls and only 1 survived, and even we had tools, we died out there, one girl moved out and made a long lineage
sometimes nothing you can do

Noobs stay, even if they die immediately. They are thankful to those that are kind to them.

Pros suicide 90% of the time and complain the whole hour while treating others like crap.

#7 2018-09-17 12:34:04

JonySky
Website

VioletLily wrote:

I noticed there were a lot of new players playing yesterday morning. I am a very patient person but I was at my wit's end and had to step away from the game and do something else.

So many new players.

I don't have anything against new players. In fact, I love teaching new players but there were simply too many to make that feasible. You can't teach in chaos.

I was in a lot of camps that were very obviously made by some less experienced players. "It's fine", I though to myself, "I can fix it". I tried, I really did,  but people kept getting in the way and nobody was helping (in fact, many were doing the exact opposite, albeit unintentionally). I was struggling to support 10 people on my own while also trying to evolve the camp to prevent it from dying out. Then I finally realized my time would be better served doing something less stressful and I decided to suicide and read a book instead.

I'm sorry for the people I failed. I loved you all and I made the same mistakes you all did as a new player, so I understand. There were just so many of you and it was too much for me to do alone. I hope we can play together again under better circumstances.

I noticed yesterday that it had been filled with griefers, there were never so many griefers on a day like yesterday ... I guess Jason's update on Donkey town has taken them out of their comfort and they are more unruly than ever ... I found murderous twins, also eves twins griefers (the only thing they did was to have babies and laugh at them, or call them with offensive names) ... quite sad the truth ...

Loto, about the problem that you comment with the noobs, the solution is simple: "natural selection"

When I have a camp where I see that things are collapsing ... I select the most intelligent daughter and I convince her to follow me to live a few years in the forest, not far from the city, in a green area with enough food to resist a few years

I spend a few years there and when I think that hunger must have already succumbed strongly in the camp, I see if anyone is still alive ...

with luck when I return I find one or two players nothing more, the rest of the players are starving skeletons

the player who is still standing, is intelligent and wants to survive, has shown that he fights for his life ... the rest are simply mouths to feed without any use

Last edited by JonySky (2018-09-17 12:36:14)

#8 2018-09-17 15:38:51

Ifeanyichukwu

Hello. I was Ifeanyichukwu. I remember this life, it started really well, but due to my siblings' incompetence, left a bitter taste in my mouth at the end.

Except for Rocky, who was obvious, I couldn't tell if they were noobs or griefers. Most of them were doing the stupidest things. I tried all my life to be productive, I was running around and fetching stuff most of the time to build a viable base, I even left most of my kids behind because I noticed just how many babies everyone else was having. But whenever I returned to the camp, it was messed up in some new way I couldn't have imagined if I hadn't actually seen it. I saw you, Lotus, trying to bring at least some order, and I really wanted to help you out, but so many things needed fixing and fetching and building because everyone. Was. Messing. Shit. Up. It was unreal.

I never managed to kill Rocky. He was running around constantly, and my shots missed him. I was also lagging hard at this point, which made it harder. He ended up starving soon though, but by then there were few of us left. When I died the base seemed to be in an acceptable shape, but the damage was done obviously, the Moists died a few generations later.

Idk. I wish I could've done more.

It feels like the last few days the game has been filled with griefers. I haven't lived a single life where I haven't either encountered one, or was born in a city that had just been griefed. My theory is that people are trying to go to Donkey Town, thinking it's some mythical city or something (I mean, the word 'town' is in the name, so I don't really blame them, lol).

#9 2018-09-17 18:20:09

Lotus

Hi Ifeanychukwu. Awesome forum name, by the way.

I understood your efforts, it was simply too hard to clean up the Mrs that everyone was making. Your sister had what seemed like a dozen babies and Rocky, well, spent his life griefing. If it weren’t for you, the camp would have gone totally overboard, so thank you for your efforts. See you in another life.

— moist

Board footer