One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-08 19:32:36

NoraRose86

Advancing Beyond Farming Villages

All I’ve ever seen/been is an Eve or in a new village.

The villages aren’t ever advanced.

Has there even been a more advanced society? How to we take it there?

Last edited by NoraRose86 (2018-09-08 19:33:43)

#2 2018-09-08 19:42:03

Luka

Re: Advancing Beyond Farming Villages

Yes there is. You are just playing at the wrong time. Playing around 6-11 pm pacific time is usually when societies are advanced.

( ゚ヮ゚)/☕ Hey. Waddup. It's nice How are your lives doing.
You might know me as the person who kinda just is. There I guess. I hang out with Tarr pein bEnDi and the moderators. A pre-decay veteran.
Steam players. Watch or read tutorials please. It would help a lot.

#3 2018-09-08 19:44:25

VioletLily

I've seen a few bigger towns. They have buildings for the smith, bakery, hospital, and possibly a storage.

There was one I was in a few times that had all of this, plus a nice rose garden, 4 houses up north, and two more villages to the north-west and east. It had a library as well. A track ran from the sheep pen to the bakery for mutton transportation. It was a nice place.

Any camp with enough resources and water can become a town like this as long as enough girls live to adulthood without starving or dieing in other ways, like to wild animals or griefers. You also need some productive people in your town to get things going too.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-08 19:47:09)

#4 2018-09-08 19:51:48

gabal

You have to have an agricultural community, having a city in modern sense of the word. But it is obvious that until you secure stable source of food everybody is doing everything they can to not starve.
After food is stable people can work on non-food related projects. Building a road, building a hospital, creating a library, building a bell tower... The problem is the number of players who are connected throughout the day so villages eventually die out, Eve spawning in dead city and revitalizing it helps with progress.

#5 2018-09-08 21:17:31

pein

i make it advanced one life, so i dont get why people run for a 4k bell
pen and all tools and generally  compost, mine, carts, buckets and advanced wells
the rest is up to people to build rooms and nice things

just had a run where disconnected after 5 min, scouting for iron found two mines
born back and got sheep, tools, a cart, compost, wheat and saved the last female and got to see 2 girls grow up
its not that hard to reach stable state just need a few hard workest afterwards too
people get cozy, i already seen eves who spawn into 24 hour village and they still didnt made compost or carrots or anything useful and they were old, talking with useless daughters in full gear

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2018-09-09 01:44:20

SomeRandomPerson

Usually there's a couple around but they have a hard time staying alive.

The crime rate is alot higher in cities since griefers target cities or people get bored and start killing. It does get boring once you reach the end of the tech tree since it's just the same thing until the city eventually dies.

But technically speaking, Even cities are family farms. You do sometimes get multiple families so diversity is possible.

Last edited by SomeRandomPerson (2018-09-09 01:59:02)

Board footer