One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-08 18:49:26

Luka

Wool Hat society. (WHS) How to join. How To save OHOL

woolcap

Join the WHS in any life. You need is consent from either the Wool hat representatives or the town you reside in if there is none. 5 votes are needed to get you in for one life. And you also have to wear a wool cap.

The Code of the society.
----------------------------------
1. Detest Royal Families
__
2. Royal Families are a family line who doesn't care for others. Does nothing and feeds off the society and usually passes down a heirloom. IGE - a crown
---
3. Scold villages with neglected farms. And help fix it if you could

4. Stop Griefers.

5. Manage kids in a resourceful manner. If kids know only certain things assign them jobs. Never have more than 5-8 BBS in a town at once. If their are a lack of fertile females. You should strive for females.

6. This is a government. So you should talk as a figure of this society. You may call your self a representative of the Wool hat society.

7. If you catch another member breaking the code tell them politely to stop. If they don't they are not one of us.

8. Protect cities under our control.

8. People who don't get consent are not members in their respective lives.

9. Make sure that villages are productive.

10. No sacrifices
----------------------------------
How to introduce yourself. Talk to other members of your residence. If they are not members Tell them about the WHS and how you and your members can help them.
Get consent. From other members or the towns people.

Our job at the wool cap society is to help towns and stop bottom feeders. If you are young refer to our cause as the WHS. It is easier to communicate and is universal across all helpful ages.
In.
Ideals. (These are the more complex ideas that had to be put in a different section)
Resources are great and we should assign roles of gatherers and crafters. The new players can be gatherers. And The more experienced ones can craft
If they are up to the task. The hard working players who deserve the most can enforce. You must be an adult. -full hunger bar- And should be a representative.
It is the utmost important for enforcers to talk about WHS code and manage resources by talking about the future plans for the residence.
You can make this up. Maybe you don't like something. Or think a village needs a specific rule for itself
You can talk with other members about state rules and agree on them.
--

Have fun and keep OHOL safe.

You can also be a follower which means you follow the code and spread the word but don't get privileges. You don't need specific clothing. Just make sure Towns are safe and help society.

Feedback is always appreciated. This will change over time with feedback of other forum members or representatives.
A lot of ideas come from feedback. Thanks to all who help me flesh out this project of mine.

thanks for feedback.
Pein
Violet
BlueRock

Last edited by Luka (2018-09-10 02:37:21)

( ゚ヮ゚)/☕ Hey. Waddup. It's nice How are your lives doing.
You might know me as the person who kinda just is. There I guess. I hang out with Tarr pein bEnDi and the moderators. A pre-decay veteran.
Steam players. Watch or read tutorials please. It would help a lot.

#2 2018-09-08 18:52:57

GreatShawn

Re: Wool Hat society. (WHS) How to join. How To save OHOL

Wow

#3 2018-09-08 18:58:27

VioletLily

Luka wrote:

Ask babies if they are new. If they say yes. Throw them away.

Let's not do this please...

#4 2018-09-08 19:00:58

pein

me like it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-09-08 19:25:15

Luka

VioletLily wrote:
Luka wrote:

Ask babies if they are new. If they say yes. Throw them away.

Let's not do this please...

Fixed thanks for the feedback

Last edited by Luka (2018-09-08 19:25:34)

You might know me as the person who kinda just is. There I guess. I hang out with Tarr pein bEnDi and the moderators. A pre-decay veteran.

#6 2018-09-08 20:08:28

TAIOAN

I see.

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#7 2018-09-08 20:13:21

BlueRock

I have a few vital questions:
1. How do you identify a 'monarchy'?
2. What actions are you implying members take to detest 'monarchies'?
3. Why would you only scold neglected farms and not fix them instead? If you can fix it but don't then you are part of the neglectful.
4. Why would you target new players specifically when deciding who to not raise? While raising a Veteran Player may help the village in the moment... Teaching New Players is what helps the game continue on past that single village.
5. Why is the only method for enforcing adherence to The Code '...tell them politely to stop.'? Seems rather ineffective in the event of a member going full rogue.
6. What kind of Government is the White Hat Society? It's not a Republic (No consent of the people needed), Democracy (No one is elected), nor Monarchy/Dictatorship (One of your core tenants is to detest these), so we're left with Oligarchy or Aristocracy, and both of which are Monarchies minus the crowned centerpiece.

#8 2018-09-08 20:37:48

LaughAtlantis

"White Hat Society"

You keep using this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yum. Yum. Yum. Meh.

#9 2018-09-08 21:10:04

pein

in my experience monarchist wear a crown say things like 'they are our slaves' 'she is the village idiot' 'feed me peasant' and think they are above you and deserve all gear
thats a stab, and i took that ssitty crown far away
they gear kids and keep knife and packs in family line totally disregarding to make sheep, bread and they just command to kill you
even gearing kids should receive a warning and keep an eye on them for mistakes, generally if those people are anal about packs and aprons but store nothing or dont explore at all, might as well stab them

i also dont like gender based discrimination and depending on situation i keep kids, keeping all girls just makes it worse after 3 same age fertile girls or grannys having 0 age aunts
a strong work morale usually means i throw kids into baby pile
i dont have problem with new players who listen to what i ask, dont move dont jump dont point on things
i got problems with not so new people who think they are more important than me working in meantime, or i should follow them to feed, and generally gives a fuck about staying mid temp, waiting food bar to go down to 2-3 even if i tell them

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#10 2018-09-08 21:16:39

Luka

pein wrote:

in my experience monarchist wear a crown say things like 'they are our slaves' 'she is the village idiot' 'feed me peasant' and think they are above you and deserve all gear
thats a stab, and i took that ssitty crown far away
they gear kids and keep knife and packs in family line totally disregarding to make sheep, bread and they just command to kill you
even gearing kids should receive a warning and keep an eye on them for mistakes, generally if those people are anal about packs and aprons but store nothing or dont explore at all, might as well stab them

i also dont like gender based discrimination and depending on situation i keep kids, keeping all girls just makes it worse after 3 same age fertile girls or grannys having 0 age aunts
a strong work morale usually means i throw kids into baby pile
i dont have problem with new players who listen to what i ask, dont move dont jump dont point on things
i got problems with not so new people who think they are more important than me working in meantime, or i should follow them to feed, and generally gives a fuck about staying mid temp, waiting food bar to go down to 2-3 even if i tell them

this is what I i'm talking about BlueRock
anyway. I gave a short version in the edited post.
Feedback is always nice

#11 2018-09-08 23:58:16

TheRedBug

I hate then way your society treat new babies.
Teach them. Love them.
Because of this, i will never be part of your white anti-new people hat cult

Still like you luka c:

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#12 2018-09-09 01:11:57

Luka

TheRedBug wrote:

I hate then way your society treat new babies.
Teach them. Love them.
Because of this, i will never be part of your white anti-new people hat cult

I said unless you can teach them. I didn't say entirely.

#13 2018-09-09 02:31:10

pein

keep it simple: WHS means you agree with the goals, and even a 3 year old can say it
if you meet a kid saying WHS, and its working on city, you give you your hat and work on making new one, also other wool clothes over anything else (might be not so warm but its more effective), cause sometimes can be confusing, try to swap or paint it for them
shouldnt be a problem most cases
it can be a form of greeting too, and you stop to talk the village needs or to tell the current goals, ask for help on a task
telling the code just to get easy gear might get you killed

feedback discussions removed

Last edited by pein (2018-09-09 09:01:40)

#14 2018-09-09 03:04:36

Luka

pein wrote:

well, you can add a few things:

wool hat and apron, make your own apron each game if there is none
this is generally a good way to improve on compost situation

yeah the name sounds bit off, could be wool hat society, racism is main point in the update

keep it simple: WHS means you agree with the goals, and even a 3 year old can say it
if you meet a kid saying WHS, and its working on city, you give you your hat and work on making new one, also other wool clothes over anything else (might be not so warm but its more effective), cause sometimes can be confusing, try to swap or paint it for them
shouldnt be a problem most cases
it can be a form of greeting too, and you stop to talk the village needs or to tell the current goals, ask for help on a task
telling the code just to get easy gear might get you killed

scold them: notice them about mistakes ,remind them important steps and keep an eye on them

kid raising is very different for people, lot of us has own rules
i think is fair to say that hard workers drop off kids to others when possible, and wont stand 20 minutes just to feed kids
if the kid behaves, take it to safety between other people
feed kids who manage their temperature and ask for it(is a waste of resources if not, so if even as a baby you cannot watch a bar and sit still will be worse later), dont ignore them. do jobs nearby in meantime
raise girls when last female, no problem with boys, they can produce enough for themselves, if a kid behaves, knows temperature, doesnt move, doesnt demand things than its worthy of raising him until 3.5 min
its because of getting tasks done, nobody can have a problem with that somebody works for you at least feed a yelling kid, if the city can allow teaching and the kid pays attention that can be good too, a solid state of having all tools and compost before teaching
if they ask for teaching, tell them that the city needs work, might not be a life for their skills, and to read forum guides
you wont teach anything in game anyway, you cant jump to composting when they dont know how to eat and go 20 tiles away
just dont go around tossing gear on a random baby cause the ingame relation, every kid is your kid and they are not entitled to anything, gear workers not babies

you own what you made with your own hand
no begging, no crying over gear, you can ask nicely for gear for yourself, not for kids, dont cry if someone doesnt trust you with a knife or pack as a baby, hand packs over if someone needs it for a task, getting it from somebody doesnt mean they made it or you own it

i would really like some duel honor
ask killers why they did it and dont stab immediately
ask the accused person if somebody tries to frame it or genuinely true, keeping safe distance
stealing clothes- i hear this often. this is not griefing, generally people even cry because they were slower picking it up
its not stealing if you are a baby and he is already working, you didnt prove anything you dont own anything
its annoying to them if your mother thinks their relation is worth more than others work for the city
on a personal level i get it, if someone takes your clothing as a slightly bigger kid or a loin cloth you just got made, you might be entitled to duel him but not to tell others to kill him for it

'keep kids if you can afford the food cost, and make up for it, let others decide if they want to keep them if you dont feel like you can afford time on them
in emergency situations(less than 3 fertile females), take care of girls regardless of relation or remind others to do so'
'summarize the situation of the town and remind new players this might not be a life for their skill level and keeping them may cause issues in production'
'tell kids to read forum guides or talk on discord'

I have taken note. And generally any criticism I will think about. If the feedback isn't just pure hate.

#15 2018-09-09 03:58:32

boggers

Just one wool hat uses enough thread to clothe and equip six people with a sealskin coat, backpack, pants and rabbit or wolf hat.

Death to the homicidal baby murderers of the Wool hat society for wasting Wolf Hat Society's thread.

Brothers, let us rise up against these would be oppressors. We can identify other Wolf Hat Society guerrilla warriors in game with our secret acronym: "WHS"

#16 2018-09-09 08:35:00

Ilka

Luka well, you're kidding.
So, someone is already dreaming of turning villages into a police state?
With a caste of rulers who do nothing but parasite on society?
And they are to decide about the life and death of others?
Get stuffed with hay good man. So translating into English - your ideas suck.
By the way, the direction in which this game evolves astounds me.
I thought it would be a game of working together and creating something for future generations.
Meantime, it is a game in which all the sins and errors of humanity are tried to be repeated.
In brief- i not agree to a privileged caste (or well understood that the function is to be inherited in the family?)
Freedom from tyranny! Everyone has the right to play as he wants.

#17 2018-09-09 08:37:56

Ilka

boggers wrote:

Just one wool hat uses enough thread to clothe and equip six people with a sealskin coat, backpack, pants and rabbit or wolf hat.

Death to the homicidal baby murderers of the Wool hat society for wasting Wolf Hat Society's thread.

Brothers, let us rise up against these would be oppressors. We can identify other Wolf Hat Society guerrilla warriors in game with our secret acronym: "WHS"

True, such a ruling caste will see only a revolution.

#18 2018-09-09 08:56:02

marsrider
Website

This is a great way to save OHOL! Love it. I would go even further and say Jason might help us implementing some sort of karma system - similar to Curse, but would instead of cursing griefers, you would bless people that are honorable and after collecting x points they would be marked as "good people" across multiple lives. How does that sound?

What's the most cruel sight you can see on OHOL? A bloody baby torn apart by a grizzly bear.

I'm Eve Planet, my children are usually called by planet names (Mars, Venus, Saturn etc), also Sun, Moon. Jedi, Joda and Skywalker are usually in the mix as well.

#19 2018-09-09 09:07:04

The_Llamacorn

marsrider wrote:

This is a great way to save OHOL! Love it. I would go even further and say Jason might help us implementing some sort of karma system - similar to Curse, but would instead of cursing griefers, you would bless people that are honorable and after collecting x points they would be marked as "good people" across multiple lives. How does that sound?

That sounds really good! Then you'd know that you can trust people that have been marked as "good", they'd probably be given all the weapons etc. and could be made the "leader". I hope Jason implements this.

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#20 2018-09-09 09:13:38

pein

no, your kids wont be society members
on contrary, nobody is entitled to anything by birth
the leeches of societies deserve even worse fate
a stable state is easy to reach if people dont screw around

#21 2018-09-09 13:27:26

Booklat1

BlueRock wrote:

I have a few vital questions:
1. How do you identify a 'monarchy'?
2. What actions are you implying members take to detest 'monarchies'?
3. Why would you only scold neglected farms and not fix them instead? If you can fix it but don't then you are part of the neglectful.
4. Why would you target new players specifically when deciding who to not raise? While raising a Veteran Player may help the village in the moment... Teaching New Players is what helps the game continue on past that single village.
5. Why is the only method for enforcing adherence to The Code '...tell them politely to stop.'? Seems rather ineffective in the event of a member going full rogue.
6. What kind of Government is the White Hat Society? It's not a Republic (No consent of the people needed), Democracy (No one is elected), nor Monarchy/Dictatorship (One of your core tenants is to detest these), so we're left with Oligarchy or Aristocracy, and both of which are Monarchies minus the crowned centerpiece.

I didn't know i could agree so much with you, blue. sounds a bit like a form of socialism in which the white hat assumed the role of only party and regulation agency.

I particularly don't like these guys, you need a lot more base work before people will respect you, guys. don't call yourselves a government until you are seem as a benevolent force for long enough otherwise, in this game, people will rebel. I included.

Last edited by Booklat1 (2018-09-09 18:49:19)

#22 2018-09-09 17:08:54

karltown_veteran

I was with you until the "no sacrifices'' part. So I've decided to make my own two societies to counter it--

Red Hat Society ("Cult Of Blood and Dead Lambs"):
Wear bloodred everything. (except bp and pants) Carry a knife. Sacrifice cursed or rude babies, dead lambs and the occasional sheep to a bell tower without a bell (altar, can be of any height).Honor the dead worshippers with bloodred roses and chants. Worship Satan and Cthulhu. Hold lit straight shafts over your head and shout, "CULT OF BLOOD! DOWN WITH THE WHITE ANGEL'S PURITY! UP WITH THE ROUGH UNTAMED POWER OF SATAN AND HIS MEN!" Founded by peasants. Archrivals of those goody-goody white hats and those stuck-up blue hats. You think you're better than us? Then feel our blades and Satan's wrath.

Blue Hat Society ("Us Fancies of The Noble Court"):
Wear all blue. There is a king and queen who wear all blue except for a crown on top. Do not eat meat, only delicate things such as buttered bread dipped in three sister's stew. (which should be a thing but isn't) Admire monarchies, kill rebels. Make a sacred building and treasure scripts. Write a history of the Blue Hats, or the town in general. Hoard; lock possessions in a chest and pass down heirlooms through generations. Archrivals of White Hats and Red Hats.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#23 2018-09-09 18:50:18

littlemissmesssy
Banned

When i sow the white hat society i immediately thought of the kkk loooool i thought you wanted to start a kkk in ohol

If u see someone calling u ugly randomly its me smile and i name all my boys after my ex's hmm

#24 2018-09-09 20:29:38

Anshin

littlemissmesssy wrote:

When i sow the white hat society i immediately thought of the kkk loooool i thought you wanted to start a kkk in ohol

White Hats = KKK
Red Hats = Bloods
Blue Hats = Crips

#25 2018-09-09 20:57:11

littlemissmesssy
Banned

Anshin wrote:
littlemissmesssy wrote:

White Hats = KKK
Red Hats = Bloods
Blue Hats = Crips

Awesome all white hats join me then make ohol great again kill all the ....

If u see someone calling u ugly randomly its me smile and i name all my boys after my ex's hmm

Board footer