One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-05 03:42:54

FloralAngel

How to remember to eat when you're old?

Hello! I recently had a really good life. I had a good mom who taught me how to make pies, which I've wanted to learn for awhile, I got really into the roleplaying aspect, I liked my kids, two different people trusted me enough to ask me to guard knives to I guess other people liked me well enough, too. It was an all around really good life, great experience, 10/10 would play with these people again.

Now, I've never died of old age. I've made it into old age a couple times, but I always forget to eat and starve without the beeping to remind me. I was really disappointed this time because I wanted to say goodbye to people and hand off my knife to one of my children to guard (the other I handed off to a shepherd after I got it so they could kill sheep). So, how do you guys remember to eat without being reminded? Is it something you just get better at with time?

Kind of dumb but trying my best!

If you're named after a Dragon Age character, I'm probably your mom. My sympathies.

#2 2018-09-05 04:16:50

startafight

Re: How to remember to eat when you're old?

honestly theres no real trick besides looking at ur bar. if ur meticulous abt it u could keep track of the time between food but otherwise just hold onto a bowl of popcorn or berries when u get down to abt 7 hunger (i think bells stop ringing around 6 bars?)

i suppose the real trick is just remembering to keep food on u at all times

#3 2018-09-05 04:28:11

pein

each bar is 1 minute at the end, medium tile is best to drop slower, so dont do anything on 6 bars, you got a music and 2 mins so get some food and die in peace

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2018-09-05 06:10:29

Tarr
Banned

It gets better as you play more. Just remember to be more vigilant about checking your food bars once you hit your final character model.

Try your best not to put yourself in bad situations (Fully dressed in a desert, clothed on a slow fire, etc) and you'll find getting through those last minutes easier and easier.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-09-05 12:04:48

PeaGirl

Well. I mainly have spent last minutes by teaching people who need guidance with some of the jobs. Especially when you can speak long sentences. This is something I don't really see often, and myself see it convenient. As long as you keep it simple while explaining, helps people to understand what to do. And when it comes to hunger bars, when it begins to stop ringing, I often go tend the farm before I die, then I take last gooseberry and run to graveyard after saying final goodbyes to the family.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#6 2018-09-05 18:11:50

Lotus

Try to make a small food bonus with foods such as berries, bowls of berries, popcorn, green beans, etc. It helps me remember and causes you to starve slower.

#7 2018-09-05 19:19:37

Nopik

Play a few lives with the sound off. You learn quick to keep an eye on the bar.

Board footer