One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-04 12:52:48

karltown_veteran

The Amazons and the bear

Our town was filled with kick-ass women. We called ourselves the amazons. After a while of basking in our all-female glory, some of us started wanting boyfriends. Shelly especially, who had always been a bit off.
https://imgur.com/a/fnThGYs
One day, a male called Max was born. Half the girls went to ask him out and immediately learned that he was gay. That didn't stop Shelly, who insisted she was going to rape him.
https://imgur.com/a/lZeBkK0
Eventually Shelly grew bored and called a bear, who ate max and a few others, including her. (karma!) Being amazons, we made a bow and three arrows in record time and stopped the bear. A few other boys came to town, only one survived and he was annoying and interrupted my smithing. (you know who you are but I can't remember your name)
I hope the fearless amazon women live long.
Me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=1011200

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2018-09-04 22:18:21

pein

Re: The Amazons and the bear

feminazy towns always suck

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-09-05 00:06:02

Trick

pein wrote:

Your idiocy has no bounds, apparently.

#4 2018-09-05 16:51:26

TAIOAN

That is NICE.

Last edited by TAIOAN (2018-09-05 16:51:38)

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#5 2018-09-05 17:29:21

hmrka

pein wrote:

wtf are you an incel? lol

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#6 2018-09-06 01:59:47

pein

the most advanced towns consist on more men than woman, server population heavily affects it, so when there are more players, it predicts it needs more females
a medium level player contributes more as a man, as they stress too much as female
most kills are between cousins not in same family, especially if they grow up seeing each other
men simply do more work
more people suicide as female
more skilled people suicide, especially if they see a lot of females

and only noobs are afraid that 3-4 girls are not enough
it only matters before having a farm, boys can eat resources from the girls, when you got bowls and soil, skill matters, not gender
feminazism is a dumbfuck strategy, if dont want sponges kill them later, if dont want overpopulation starve some excess girls, boys wont overpopulate
fix the town, then have girls, you need one girl each 20 minutes or so, not 15 same time

rp all you want but you only give more reasons to be griefed

Last edited by pein (2018-09-06 09:42:13)

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-09-06 03:16:41

boggers

pein wrote:

men simply do more work
gender based discrimination is a dumbfuck strategy

haha

#8 2018-09-06 09:35:06

pein

boggers wrote:
pein wrote:

men simply do more work
gender based discrimination is a dumbfuck strategy

im gay

good that you didnt cut out letter by letter like i did

obviously you cannot survive with all the boys, and as an eve they eat food from potential girls
but having a gen 1 attitude after farming or having a big city has a reverse effect

'girls can play as boys starving every kid' - if they can lock emotions out like that, they are more experienced, if you see that, why you need other girls?
so the ones who cant play are responsible to pump out and to teach the kids and experienced ones let die theirs so wont overpopulate?
girls will not do much from 14 to 40. and most people wont even scout the whole city in 15 min, and lot of them suicides at 40

Last edited by pein (2018-09-06 09:44:18)

#9 2018-09-07 02:56:15

boggers

pein wrote:

as an eve they eat food from potential girls but having a gen 1 attitude after farming or having a big city has a reverse effect

When I'm born to an Eve as a surplus male, I go make packs and eat wild carrots, maybe find some burdock in the next biome over while scouting for milkweed. The anti male "gen 1 attitude" is wrong even in gen 1.

Anyway, wasn't disagreeing, just pointing out your pre-edit post made you sound retarded.

#10 2018-09-07 04:13:13

Booklat1

I like how pein gets shit for caling people feminazies in game when that has actually being a strategy. It's not even like he is saying this about real life women, like wtf trick is it really him being toxic?

#11 2018-09-07 06:10:46

Trick

Booklat1 wrote:

I like how pein gets shit for caling people feminazies in game when that has actually being a strategy. It's not even like he is saying this about real life women, like wtf trick is it really him being toxic?

Is comparing people who advocate for equality to nazis and nazism toxic?

#12 2018-09-07 07:04:17

MultiLife

Trick wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

Feminist=/=feminazi. Feminazi is a term used for people who are in the extreme side of the spectrum.

Anyways an Amazon town is not feminazi so the message was a bit weird from pein but I guess what he meant was that towns which just keep girls only are bad and yes that is often true as the population booms uncontrollably. But in this case the town probably just birthed girls a lot and ended up as a town of women?

OP: Yay for kickass women and overall kickass players!

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#13 2018-09-07 07:06:43

VioletLily

Trick wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought that term was used when people display misandrist characteristics. They do not advocate for equality. Rather the opposite really. They are the extremists of the feminist group. I myself don't really like the term as it really has nothing to do with any kind of Nazi group. Misandry is misandry, and should be called as such in my opinion.

That being said, I think it is kind of silly to apply either of these terms to this situation. That is unless they were actively speaking out against men as a whole, rather than simply aming for a only-girl community (which game mechanics fully allow). These are very serious accusations. You shouldn't be surprised when using them lightly causes offence.

(Reading it again, the actions of Shelly were extremely suspect. Rape is never a joking matter)

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-07 07:09:16)

#14 2018-09-07 08:18:42

Trick

VioletLily wrote:
Trick wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

I may be wrong, but I thought that term was used when people display misandrist characteristics. They do not advocate for equality. Rather the opposite really. They are the extremists of the feminist group. I myself don't really like the term as it really has nothing to do with any kind of Nazi group. Misandry is misandry, and should be called as such in my opinion.

That being said, I think it is kind of silly to apply either of these terms to this situation. That is unless they were actively speaking out against men as a whole, rather than simply aming for a only-girl community (which game mechanics fully allow). These are very serious accusations. You shouldn't be surprised when using them lightly causes offence.

(Reading it again, the actions of Shelly were extremely suspect. Rape is never a joking matter)

Do you mean misogyny?

Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls.
Misandry is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against men or boys.

People who say "Feminazi" are very likely misogynists.  The term was popularized by the woman-hating lunatic, Rush Limbaugh, and is used almost exclusively to project hatred toward women and women's rights advocates.

To compare a group of people who want equality to the nazis is beyond any bounds of reason.  It's simply absurd, and a person who hates the endeavour to make women equal to the extent that they will put them on the same scale as nazis is a person with serious problems, IMO.

ETA:

I just realized I misread your comment.  NM.

Last edited by Trick (2018-09-07 08:31:39)

#15 2018-09-07 08:27:32

Trick

MultiLife wrote:

Feminist=/=feminazi. Feminazi is a term used for people who are in the extreme side of the spectrum.

Feminazi is a term specifically used to silence and attack women's rights advocates, and those who support women or what is feminine.  The goal is to delegitimize and demonize those who endeavour to achieve equality/equity for men and women by making the very idea of parity seem like it's extreme, irrational, crazy, or anything else akin to nazism (which I think most rational people would agree is the prime example of horrible human behaviour).

It's an absolute farce to say that the term is actually used to identify people on the extreme side, because it's not.  This thread is a perfect example of that.  Pein used it in this thread, which was innocently about a roleplay about amazons.  There's absolutely nothing extreme or misandrist about that.  And yet, he felt the need to refer to the OP as a 'feminazi', not because they were extreme, but because they dared to find value in a female society (in a damn game).

#16 2018-09-07 08:52:17

VioletLily

Trick wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

Feminazi is a term specifically used to silence and attack women's rights advocates, and those who support women or what is feminine.  The goal is to delegitimize and demonize those who endeavour to achieve equality/equity for men and women by making the very idea of parity seem like it's extreme, irrational, crazy, or anything else akin to nazism (which I think most rational people would agree is the prime example of horrible human behaviour).

It's an absolute farce to say that the term is actually used to identify people on the extreme side, because it's not.  This thread is a perfect example of that.  Pein used it in this thread, which was innocently about a roleplay about amazons.  There's absolutely nothing extreme or misandrist about that.  And yet, he felt the need to refer to the OP as a 'feminazi', not because they were extreme, but because they dared to find value in a female society (in a damn game).

It is entirely common for people to attack a group they don't like by likening the entirety of that group to the extremists.

This means that those who have a problem with the feminist groups will openly try to liken them to the few misandrists within the group. This leads to them calling all feminists "Feminazis". Most people are able to tell the difference between the extremists and the well-intentioned though. This is shown by how both I and MultiLife recognized this term as describing the extremists, rather than the entire movement.

That being said, it was odd word-choice on pein's part. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt since, if I recall, English isn't his first language. It is likely a person will learn the term "Feminazi" long before they learn the term misandrist and may not fully understand the meaning of either.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-07 09:00:09)

#17 2018-09-07 20:27:36

pein

most of feminists ask more for themselves to be equal
which mathematically wont make sense, likening all men to their opposition is worse
you often hear how they are superior  and take everything as an offence while never acknowledge their mistakes cause its a retribution for the past attacks against them, if you want others to be equal threat others as equal, simple as that, i know a lot of strong women, none of them call themselves feminist, and they wont tell things based on a group ideology, they defend themselves when needed but wont attack you if you give respect, and a lot of men  respect woman, so grouping them as 'all men are the same' is kinda ridiculous
i love woman and i got a pretty offensive strategy when flirting but i will defend them any time even against a friend, who goes too far
and ofc is a good strategy to get laid tongue
generally every extremist group is bad, based on whatever ideology, especially if there is no logic behind it or at least some open mind
a group is as weak as their weakest member, you dont need a group behind you to be right, and you wont be right just because you got a group behind you
feminazi is an internet slang, cause they already made joke of themselves with aggressive attitude, hating them gets more attention, is what they want. same goes for religions, starting to argue about it, i give what they want, eventually everything gets outdated, forgotten. i dont hate you for hating me, i just dont give a fuck, maybe people like trick will come to same conclusions as me regarding some in game rules, cause even if he bitches about some of my decisions, in the end ends up to be right, zero sum game, sometimes you can be right or you can be dead
if i will lose a duel, i wont bitch about it, i just move on. if i do something against you i know i deserve my fate.
the term pretty much covers ingame persons who kill boys with no regret and spoil the biggest noobs just because they are girls, and even if they are killed, they still think they were right, in this case if you are too coward to stand up against them, you are part of the problem

in the game people who keep only the girls, do this because they run out of girls often, fear based decisions are bad. logic based decisions can be cruel but good, its often a skill matchup and if you try to force your opinions on others, you need to have the skill to do so
my worst experiences are with those baby machines who kill a colony by overpopulation in the name of survival, they will never admit its a mistake
and they will never reach higher skill level until they do, even the best murderers wont kill a family so fast as a dumb mother
i played enough to see when a baby boom comes and when a famine comes, and i still wont die but most people will
as i said, it doesnt really matter your gender if you are a good player so i often discriminate by skill or attitude
if you are a moving baby i will let you die, if others keep a lot of babies, im forced to let you die
i dont have any problem with it when it happens to me, when i started and couldnt contribute, i realized too late that that town is not for my skill
level, if you starve me as a baby im fine with it, you save my time

if you keep me alive means you can provide for me, or at least you can provide for yourself,
dont expect me to feed more than 4 people, i tried to stay with noob eves and its a failure every time even if you make a new town and invite them over
i seen a player raise 6 kids when everyone died before me, because she came with me and sit on a desert edge, while i made the kiln and bowls, she raised them on desert while i got the food, only to starve later because a girl ate the last berry in front of me
so if i ever invite people over is after i got the berries/carrot planted and almost ready to harvest, its even a good challenge of skill and can be a great life for a newbee Eve, but i seen they tend to fuck up the town anyway

all in all it might be necessary to get rid of some babies, to be able to produce more food
keeping girls alive and let boys die sounds good on paper, until people try to do it even after its not needed anymore
you can call it roleplay, you can call it whatever, but you lost the logical purpose: gain time to increase the food output
i been in towns like that, most of you are happy as long as you won the coin toss, and happen to be a female
i seen a little girl trying to make a bow, and i could of stopped her, could of warned them, but i just asked why
she was starved as a boy over and over, even killed, and wanted to kill the ones responsible, and wanted to end the lineage, we teamed up and killed them all
based on game mechanics in a general view, females should stay at home, make food, raise some babies, you can do the same as a man, go out, get resources, but you might end up starving the good players on the way, leaving baskets outside the village cause your hands arent free
even taking back a kid to a nurse, loses a lot of time for you and a lot of stress, which is a problem for newbies and medium skill people
while men can work on a project knowing no baby will disturb them, risk their life hunting, gathering iron or scouting in general
even your presence stops people suicide, some just suicide right away even if there are girls scouting outside, also someone might raise up a girl even if you dont want to spend time with it
if you have 1 girl, you risk that she disconnects, starves or gets killed
so a backup girl is always needed, heck, even 5-6 is barely enough to see 2 of them grow up, but you should still tell them not to keep more than 2 girls each, cause it defeats the purpose, there are not so many jobs, and its impossible to coordinate 20-30 people
maybe you are a good mom and you can raise your family, telling to do important jobs, its a competition with the same age sisters, and this cold war leads to kills
but once your daughters can have their own babies, you should stop keeping baby girls
it takes away from resources, people wont have enough food
kids will be more vulnerable, small stomach, no packs, no information on other food, they use up resources, they die, they create mess

i seen towns where we were 7 brothers, we made pen, rooms, gen 2, which is very early for that
the only sister had more girls, and we eventually died out
so the right composition is having more boys when the city is more advanced, they wont increase population, they can feed themselves
i never seen girls coordinate between them how many babies to keep
the more girls, the less average age throughout the family
a small family works well, you dont really need more than 10 people to run a city, if there is more than that should be an outpost too, ideally if two girls are the same age, they should live in different places

putting aside every moral thingies, even racist discrimination is better to reduce population, cause is the same coin toss but better gender ratio by chance. lot of people raise up against them, same goes against amazons, but i seen more towns with only girls running around, or naked boys, or girls with knife who cant even use it, and never even use it on intended purpose: sheep, bread. raising up against this behavior is normal
i tend to distribute equipment to workers and i dont need to be equipped at birth, i still end up in full gear, often made by myself. and i make clothes for others as well. so te right choice would be stashing gear and giving as a reward for positive behavior.

actually the best discrimination is based on skill, a moving baby or one who points on things is either a newbee or a selfish person, any case wasting calories for family even as a kid, intentional or not its bad for the whole group, if its newbee and you cannot afford food, you cannot afford teaching, her next life maybe is in a town with a few people who actually need more workforce, or gets 10 minutes of suicides and  comes back when you can afford another kid

but rather than kill on birth, when they cant even lift up a pebble, kill the ones who can but wont want to work

and there are no genetics, you can have 600 hours, your baby still can be the biggest noob, they are not special, you shouldnt gear them because they are your kid, while other kids  already work hard

and all this are subject to change with ingame rules, i was biggest population controllers before desert and food update, nothing to do with irl personality, you can raise any baby with 3 feedings and dies on their own if its a noob, when things go extreme, i might mention to let some girls die

it only creates problems, you dont need 10 girls same time, you need 1 girl every 10 minutes or so
indirectly you kill others, cause the new kids eat the food from adults and waste more calories doing so, you dont ask anyone if you should keep a kid, you just want to 'give a chance', taking resources from others, at least dont act like you did nothing wrong
you can have some form of prevention, you can compensate for food lost, but overall is a bad experience in towns with high population, and low production, so this makes girl only towns a bad choice, im not telling the opposite, boy only wont work of course, but boy majority will improve the city, nothing to do with irl, i dont want to go into that conversation, but in the game just try to sacrifice a few girls or tell them not to have many kids, and you will see the difference

#18 2018-09-07 22:02:23

Booklat1

Trick wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

it is when you take it out of the context he used ffs

Edit: i don't agree with his later comment or comparing actual real life feminists with nazis, my point is that he was clearly using the term for villages that killed all boys (which is, as far as I know genocidal)

Last edited by Booklat1 (2018-09-07 22:04:43)

#19 2018-09-08 02:27:37

Trick

Booklat1 wrote:
Trick wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

it is when you take it out of the context he used ffs

Edit: i don't agree with his later comment or comparing actual real life feminists with nazis, my point is that he was clearly using the term for villages that killed all boys (which is, as far as I know genocidal)

There is nothing in the OP that says they were killing all the boys.

Also, there is no context, in my world, where comparing feminism to nazism is not a toxic, shitty thing to do.

Even misandry isn't on the same scale as what the nazis did.

Board footer