One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-30 17:48:24

Roblor

I killed an innocent noob for noobing

I was born into one of these great towns settlements, with a big nice sheep-pen, at east ten crocks with stew, some stone sheds, a medical post, at least one dead baby calf and a healthy population.
After I had become and adult I got annoyed at a young girl who had made it her job to force feed anyone who got to close to the berry fields with her bowl of berries.
I got fed myself each time I got too close and always she did it in multiple clicks and in quick successions...  feeding and over feeding til I was completely full.
It is too much I thought. Is this girl a griefer or a noob?
I wanted to stop her.
I typed; "<Name> please stop" and variants of the same word combinations in her vicinity. She was quite busy at her task and I felt insecure that my message had gotten across, as there were several conversations going on at the time and it's difficult to read everything going on at the same time.
I for example tend to miss a lot if I'm also typing at the same time while other people are also trying to communicate with me. At the moment I was typing feverously in my attempt to get her to stop.
I saw that I got her attention, because she asked 'why?'
'It is bad' I managed to blurt out.
And;
'no body likes it'
But still not feeling satisfied I finally wrote;
'It takes away the yum bonus', though I instantly felt stupid for saying such an absurd sounding thing to somebody who probably hadn't heard the word "yum bonus" before.
My own inadequacy to explain this game-mechanic made me stressed, which led me to anger and then to the rash decision to kill this player for the betterment of the colony.
I snuk creepily upon the berry farm and shot her instantly.
Thereupon, in cowardly fear for my own life, I stood still hoping to looking less conspicuous and then started typing frantically;
'Don't force feed'
'It is bad'
I typed this and other lame stuff, but when I looked at my screen I saw the girl uttering in red letters;
'I was helping'
Ouch ... Poor noob.
I tried typing some kind of lame excuse, but it was too late, because she had died.

I am not good at communicating with other players in this game and it often led to tragedy. Often I type out a full message only to realize that the chat box isn't even open and I have just wasted a several precious foodbars of who ever is waiting for me to speak.
This girl could have been a griefer playing dumb, but then again there is a lot of noobs and even kids playing this game.
The Bow and arrow sure is an effective way to communicate disapproval of something, but patience combined with a calm mind will in the end achieve the same thing given enough time. Sure maybe at the cost of a few berry bushes and yum bonuses, but the game assets aren't really worth much without the players, are they?
I kept playing for a few hours, but was performing worse and worse and becoming more and more annoyed at myself and fellow players.
It happened then, that I was born to a blond, curly haired player named Hera in one of my lifes.
Soon after birth i began moving restlessly about in an apathetic state of mind thinking about the failure of my past Eve run and being in a generally bad mood, trying to cuss at my brother who had called me a nub.
'fu' 'k' 'yo' 'u'
Hera, my mother, naturally asked me if I was new, to which I stubbornly answered 'no'.
'What's wrong?'
'You had a bad life?'
.... 'ye' I replied.
'Awww'
'Were you griefed?'
'Was it noobs?'
I blamed both, keeping in mind one recent life where I had managed to get myself stabbed.
It went on for a couple of minutes and it really helped.
I knew she had the intensive to keeping me from playing carelessly since I was a baby girl, although not the only one, but I felt really lucky to stumble upon such a kind and clever mother.

Thanks again.

I don't think I can play this game anymore, though. At least for a while.
A healthy OHOL-break is overdue.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#2 2018-08-30 18:47:42

pein

Re: I killed an innocent noob for noobing

you get used to it
generally its intentional what they do
if its not its based on a false logic
any case if doesnt stop at second warning you can kill it with no remorse
and if you explain and dosnt understand, maye killing him stops doing it next time
throwing so much food away is bad for everyone, if you dont fix the farm or dont know how to fix it, or even if you fix it and dont realize how food overfill makes the whole process a waste of time and resources, then you deserve to be stabbed

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-08-30 19:00:04

Turnipseed

I feel like some new people do this because they have starved by food so many times, and genuinely want to help.

But sometimes the best way to learn is to get stabbed. Thats how i learned a few lessons when i was new

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#4 2018-08-30 23:08:06

boggers

Roblor, feeling empathy and remorse for harming others is normal and good. You are normal and good.

Board footer