One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-28 18:11:32

Roblor

Ideas for cool one time spechial events

My idea is VAMPIRE WEEK

All it needs is some slight tweaking of the already existing art assets as the vampire player looks just like any other player except for one small suspicious detail;
He doesn't age! O.o

Once the player has in some convenient manner been infected with vampireism he will be immortal until killed with any normal player-killing implement such as knife, bow and arrow or an arrow with piece of paper. And also he will die if his food bar runs out and/or when the inevitable disconnect from the game client finally occurs.
Now the real problem is; The vampire can't eat normal food

The vampire feeds like a mother feeds a baby - but in reverse! o.O
This player can pick up any other player sprite which then will fill the vampires food meter at the expense of his victim, who has to helplessly watch his or hers own food meter get drained away till the vampire lets go, either by his own choice, or the death of the victim, or due to a mortal wound inflicted by any normal playerkilling implement onto the feeding vampire.
Also the "playercarrying" vampire should have heavy penalty on moment or total immobilization during the feeding.

Yes this game feature can get tiresome quite quickly and therefore it is only suitable as an one time special even lasting no longer than a week or so (Halloween anyone?)

This feature should give rise to both benevolent and malevolent playstyles seeing how this player can choose to protect his village with his or hers long lifespan or totally wipe it out, but also dooming him or herself in the process.
Though a pure griefer or total goody-two-shoe playstyle will surely make life as a vampire hard and uninteresting as the vampire is given incentive to keep the village going in order for himself to stay alive, but can't always count on finding players willing to donate life force willingly to such a slimy creature of the night like him or herself.

Also think about all the sexy but ultimately tragic love-stories which will unfold!!! Twilight and all the other vampire romances will be put to great, unredeemable shame!

Sorry mr Jason sir, but this is too sexy to leave our collective imagination anytime soon and I might therefore have put a lot of unnecessary work in your already over booked programming hands now.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#2 2018-08-28 20:58:22

PeaGirl

Re: Ideas for cool one time spechial events

I can already imagine some random vampire helping out in berry farm, feeding off on poor kids who are given a task to take care of the berry farm. big_smile I think it would be too beneficial instead of threatening. Maybe if vampire was to suck out food meters 1:1.3, that human would lose almost 2 food bars each time they are being consumed. That would make vampire very difficult think to keep up. Also vampire would be really beneficial if they are to :

- Overseer the village. Help out players to do what is needed. You will likely stay alive more than one hour so you would be like running infobank, instead you have to deposit your blood every time while asked. big_smile
- You can have time and focus on whatever you are doing aside sucking on other people.

But then again, you will be very likely treated like cursed person. Depends if vampire will have different appearance comparing others. Likely not. I think I would treat vampires like any other person. Do good, have good. Do bad, have bad.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#3 2018-08-28 21:55:18

Joseph Stalin

like it

#4 2018-08-28 22:56:17

pein

with all the servers unused and jason dont really wanna change on rules, events would be nice

i would like wars, you cannot kill family members but it would show the next camps with arrows, you could kill other families and gain points, the eve spawn would be even closer

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-08-28 23:23:59

Ribbz

I love the idea, but instead of only being able to feed on other players I'd say add in the ability to eat regular food but the calorie intake is halved.

#6 2018-08-28 23:28:34

Lotus

Good idea for a mod. A bit too fantastical for the main game. I'd love to play this in a mod though!! +1

#7 2018-08-29 02:50:10

boggers

Yeah, fun idea but doesn't belong in the main game.

On game mechanics, it should not be a slow drain, if the victim has enough food bars to fill the vampire, they survive and become a vampire themselves, if not they die and become a murder corpse. Vampires can't breed and cant feed on other vampires, so rapid spread of vampirism will wipe out a town, making them KoS to most players.

There needs to be a simple test and counter. Say eating wild onion will kill a vampire instantly. Or, maybe they cant be killed with a knife, but can be killed with a skewer.

Also, if someone were going to make that as a mod, it would not be complete without werewolves and zombies too.

#8 2018-08-29 08:51:01

Neo

Unlikely since Jason mostly focuses on realism. But if there was a vampire mod then I think it should be able to  steal people's lifeforce.
You'd be immortal as long as you keep killing people and taking the years they have left.

But honestly if I had to choose an event, It would be for    playable bears. Randomly selected players will spawn as a bear nearby to a town.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-29 09:04:08)

Board footer