One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-26 19:33:04

helloworld

Opinion on grief or not situation

Hello, welcome to a new post. Today we discuss “is he/she griefing” situation.

Couple personal situation:
-they are age 15-25 and holding a load bow in town; guitly (there this one person that likes to grief this way)
-they are age 15-25 and holding file, hammer in backpack; guitly
-they are age 15-25 and hoarding arrow in backpack; not sure, but most turn out to be killers

Yes, I do discriminate against younger crowd just cause most griefer dont stay/survive long
Please share your situation. where you had to decide if griefer or not.

#2 2018-08-26 19:55:45

Luniatji

Re: Opinion on grief or not situation

I dont think the second thing is a griefer.. It could also be a saving for a griefer; Simpy to take the hammer so a smith has in in backpack/apron?

#3 2018-08-26 19:59:44

West

None of that are griefers.
Just holding a weapon is ok, shooting someone is when it gets bad. (Most people see this different tho)
Keeping the file is totally ok, prevents more knifes. Espacially if the smith is holding it.
Third one is totally ok as well.

Last edited by West (2018-08-26 20:00:10)

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#4 2018-08-26 21:55:23

Anshin

Everyone is now a Precog from Minority Report?
precrime1.jpg

Seriously though, until someone actually causes trouble don't make assumptions.
They may be hunting for the town sheep or cows or clearing out predators.
They may be the smith or shepherd or baker.

#5 2018-08-26 22:00:17

Neo

Could not be griefing but definitely suspect.

#6 2018-08-27 00:50:55

Tarr
Banned

helloworld wrote:

-they are age 15-25 and holding a load bow in town; guitly (there this one person that likes to grief this way)

This is generally a red flag but I've had to do this as well when hunting a troll on the loose. Not every life are you going to have a backpack/apron but most the time you're going to run into a least one troll.

Your best bet is to just avoid anyone who is openly carrying a weapon like that until they either stop or someone deals with the situation.

helloworld wrote:

-they are age 15-25 and holding file, hammer in backpack; guitly

I don't think just holding a file is a bad thing. You need them for multiple different things. However, keeping the hammer away from others to use for smithing is just being a bad sport.

helloworld wrote:

-they are age 15-25 and hoarding arrow in backpack; not sure, but most turn out to be killers

I almost always keep at least one arrow on me with I have an apron or backpack. It's better to be armed and ready for griefers when they show up. I only keep multiple arrows should bear caves be close or we've already went through a bear attack.

I think it's a little silly to think everyone who makes a weapon is doing it will ill-intent. At the end of the day they're tools first and weapons second.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2018-08-27 23:28:10

pein

lot of people like to have weapons or just use it because they have it
in gen 3-4 camps if i see people are not skilled enough, i held back weapons and file from them, makes it safer
if i see a few skilled persons i tell them i got it or hide it somewhere, i give back at later age

generally i would say that you shouldnt hold a weapon loaded inside city and you dont deserve one if you cant make/find a pack or apron so shooting those persons is wise generally, you dont lose much anyway, not like having a hunter in city solves much
if you go hunting, make a cart for yourself and take the bow in it, no cart? well you choose a fricking useless profession for yourself if no sheep pen and no tools yet

lot of times dumb moms hand over packs, aprons and weapons to random babies which makes it harder to determine a skill level of a person

each city has a capacity of like 10-12 jobs and set of clothing, you shouldnt toss on your kids and let next babies naked
sometimes i spawn into cities where young guys already got the only packs and aprons, and dont use it at all
the apron is colder, you dont need it as a mother
the pack is for explorers, if you plan to stay home give it away

if you made it yourself i dont mind, but generally its not the case, its still reckless to just give it to the nearest baby
people dont feel nice about it, doesnt take much to check who is composting and give some clothes to them, or who is baking or shepherding
if someone makes compost, cares about next generation, and has the required skill and ability to use a knife probably
its just so much more effective, if i got my clothing at age 20 i got 40 min to work undisturbed, if i make my own or wait noobs to die out and get lucky i waste 20 more minutes, generally i got pack or apron before 30 or that life sux anyway, newbies give packs to you if you ask them, i got the problem with the middle experienced people who dont do shit with it but are so anal about it
like i seen a kid who telling to give him the apron cause he is a doctor
like wtf, begging for clothes?  and what should i do? stab people so we actually need a full time doctor?

Last edited by pein (2018-08-27 23:30:24)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer