One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-27 17:48:44

MultiLife

Re: What has been the most annoying moment that ever happened to you?

Anshin wrote:
Roblor wrote:
happynova wrote:

Being an Eve (which, I confess, I'm not super good at), finding an actually absolutely perfect spot for once, having a couple of amazingly competent daughters, getting things going really well, really fast, feeling really darned good about this Eve run for once, then coming back later and checking the family tree... to discover we died out in generation four because my grandkids only had boys.   Aaargh.

Similarly, but along more "you just have to give up and laugh" lines: the otherwise reasonably promising Eve run where I gave birth to ten boys.  TEN.  BOYS.  No girls.  Why does this game hate me?

Mr. Jason, sir; Please give higher girl spawn rate for the early gens PUH-EH-LEEZE! I BEG OF YOU!!!
.... Just way too many times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game should check the family tree, and if there are no girls alive then the next baby should be a girl.

Is the probability 50/50 when you are born? I feel like I have been a female twice the amount I've been a male, but maybe I've been abandoned more as a boy and just lived for seconds when as a girl I've been raised more often.

In some Sims games one could affect the sex of the child by eating apples or melons, but such 'magical' things will probably never be part of OHOL. Thank goodness for Old Age death and Eve spawn thing, so if an Eve runs out of girls, she could get back again. Too bad when you are not the Eve and can't spawn there... Maybe we get more chances with spawning in the future instead of directly affecting the sex of the baby.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#27 2018-08-27 17:55:36

Tea

I hate huge berry farms. They are so inconvenient ! Want to have a full bowl of berries for compost ? You'll have to walk to the thirteens row in the middle to grab one berry and go back to your bowl.

Who thought that was a great idea ? If you want to make a huge berry farm, at least leave some space so it's easier to put down soil, water or bowls to pick some berries.

I usually spend my whole life fixing some berry farms.

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#28 2018-08-28 02:03:08

Star

Took a girls knife who was leaving it in open and stored it in a backpack. She went and made a whole new knife, stabbed me.

Another girl on same life, I grabbed the mashed berries n stuff to put on the wheat she was. She got annoyed and told the girl above that I was evil.

Bob <3

#29 2018-08-28 23:21:25

pein

generally im annoyed by everyting unoptimal  or stupid, but still explain to them or kill them
when i cant do either of it it gets frustrating to see them do it again

cant remember last time that i would starve, still when i promise to get something done and die to connection is sooo annoying, dodged a lot of boars, killed some, killed wolfs, got iron then i seen the snake wont move and i lost connection
same when bugged out snakes leave the desert and i ran into them behind a tree, happened nce in a quadruplet play, died to a snake, 10 tile away from pen with the lamb on the rope, and once when i was a 16 year old girl and left the camp first time to go for a shaft, happens time to time but those two were annoying

i died to connection when there was a murderer killing 2-3 moms and then the guys, i was only girl and moved out after dodging the knife a few times, made a kiln and had a cart of pies, axe and fire making tools then died with my first son, still the murderers last words were funny : 'managed to kill almost all of them' well buddy, i would of loved to go back after my first 2 daughters and stab your ass, just didnt wanted to risk the lineage after old guy being nice to me

some dumbfucks like my girl who made a lock and key from the blade and ingot which was supposed to make a file and saw, i chased her for 20 min

one tiem a guy stole the whole 6 fleece, i finished a pen and got sheep , fed 7 and he just sheared all , and didnt give back the clothes even if i offered a swap, a dumb bitch even stole the clothes and gave to his kid, i ended up killing 2 of the thiefs and chased this guy 2 lifes, it was actually funny making him live in forest then comes to forum to cry- was pre update, was harder to fill bowls when it wasnt planted so many and a few was picked off

a few preupdate lifes where baby machines killed us slowly, once i made a bow to kill her a my idiot brother stole it, after he took the first pack bro made, ended up starving while my sister had 14 kids and picking off the bush behind a tree, it was annoying before the deserts when people kept all babies and didnt farm at all and all you had was carrots

every time they fuck up the branches for eggs, stew on starting camp and takes 30 years to make an axe cause dumbfucks need to be the smith and make 1 coal or 1 iron at a time

Last edited by pein (2018-08-29 05:35:32)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#30 2018-08-29 01:32:12

willfrank84

Most annoying moment? Probably the time I stabbed this guy in a small new town who did nothing but swear at new babies and eat berries for 15 minutes. I was last fertile female and some guy named aaban stabbed me in my murder cool down.I had been trying to farm my whole life and had borrowed the weapon from an old lady who didn't want to be involved. The town died off that gen. Guy who stabbed me probably felt the hero too, lol!

Last edited by willfrank84 (2018-08-29 01:32:26)

#31 2018-08-29 02:38:04

Lily

By far it was back when the sever was having some issues and I kept getting disconnected. Random stuff happens all the time, people take stuff, people some times grief, some time you are trying to do something really important and step on a snake and all your children die because now you can't feed them. Still nothing is worse than getting disconnected, because you have zero influence over that at all. There is nothing you could of done to stop it.

#32 2018-08-29 12:01:23

PeaGirl

Okay. Another truly most annoying thing that ever happened to me. I had really promising place. Several temperature tiles, swamp and forest near, savanna was bit south. Issue was, that all the kids I had was 2 girls and 2 boys. You ask me what the issue is? They all died... either suiciding or being stupid and sitting away from temperature tile and dying away. Not even a single pity for someone who is trying her best. I had a beginning of farm and bowls and plates ready..... It truly was waste of 40 minutes.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

Board footer