One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-25 17:05:48

PeaGirl

What has been the most annoying moment that ever happened to you?

Title says it all.

I was aiming to make an eve camp with my son. Placed all my tools in said location that would be the base.
(water, warm spot, even carrots wheats and bushes.) While making kiln I noticed that my son has stolen all my basic tools for firemaking.
Imagine the true annoyance... But do you think you've had the worst yourself? Tell us what happened!

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2018-08-25 17:43:48

Jk Howling

Re: What has been the most annoying moment that ever happened to you?

Had the same thing happen, only it was a daughter that I'd decided to let die because she was acting way too suspicious [jumping out of my arms a millisecond after entering them, temp running in circles, etc.] Me and a son agreed she shouldn't live. She survived on a warm temp tile and ran away laughing with our early tools. She was cursed.

Multiple instances of people shearing the last sheep, letting the berry bushes die, eating all the carrots and not leaving any for compost, eating all the corn meant for stew, etc.

Being killed over small disagreements, or because I "might" do something when I show no inclination to do so.

-Has ascended to better games-

#3 2018-08-25 17:56:20

PeaGirl

Second to that, those you mentioned are utterly the worst things that can happen. I usually end up as eve in abandoned towns that have either one of those that have happened. I haven't really came across any cursed child myself. Although it is maybe because I kill them immediately if they act up too much.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#4 2018-08-25 17:56:42

Anshin

Getting killed by some random animal while busy.

Worst was when I had spend a lot of time catching a huge number of rabbits... 50+ ... I had made myself a full set of gear, and four backpacks, and four rabbits in each of the packs... I so bleeping proud of it all and was carting them back to town when I suddenly got killed by a random wolf from behind a tree. OMG I couldn't believe it. I was far from home and knew no one would ever find it. I was stunned... I would have paid a lot for a revive token just then.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 2018-08-25 18:50:01

Randomname

Animals behind trees and snakes not in the desert are pretty annoying.

Tool hiding is really bad, I had someone hide the shears on me whilst I was making compost/sheparding.

I told her again and again mufflon makes lamb, lamb makes poo,  sheep with wool aren't needed so shear them because dead lambs are annoying.  She said I was stupid and could feed adult sheep with wool for poo instead of overcrowded the pen.  She then tried to kill me with bow and arrow.  Had to hide that arrow after it landed on the ground and get more shears from smith.  I also learned people are crazy when they have an idea stuck in their head and left one not need sheep with wool PLUS the mufflon to make lambs as I didn't want to get almost killed again.  She still wasn't happy I was feeding lambs to get poo though but I was done trying to explain.

Being in an eve camp and you are trying to make plates, bowls and nozzle but your kid keeps covering the kiln making coal.  Of course we all starved as we really needed omelettes and no plates, no food.

Also in an eve camp (everything is more annoying when you are at that point) and you collect ropes to make fire tools but your kids made snares out of them, you run out of wild milkweed in near by biomes and you have no way of growing more without said fire tools.

Your only daughter being a role playing noob in an Eve Camp that screams she wants pies and we need to grow wheat whilst I'm trying to plant carrots as fast food to stay alive and berries for the future.  Said daughter also will not grow the wheat herself nor make plates nor make an oven.  You can't even trust her to feed her kids which is literally her only job and she grabs your son naming him Dog.

Also babies that poke bear caves in an Eve Camp (not so terrible later on but still bad).

Really just being in an Eve camp can be stressful both as the Eve and the first gen.

#6 2018-08-25 19:00:57

Roblor

Twin girls as eve.... They just plain suck and you just know they are going to be your only and only chance. I hate them so much.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#7 2018-08-25 19:25:35

PeaGirl

Randomname wrote:

Tool hiding is really bad, I had someone hide the shears on me whilst I was making compost/sheparding.

I told her again and again mufflon makes lamb, lamb makes poo,  sheep with wool aren't needed so shear them because dead lambs are annoying.  She said I was stupid and could feed adult sheep with wool for poo instead of overcrowded the pen.  She then tried to kill me with bow and arrow.  Had to hide that arrow after it landed on the ground and get more shears from smith.  I also learned people are crazy when they have an idea stuck in their head and left one not need sheep with wool PLUS the mufflon to make lambs as I didn't want to get almost killed again.  She still wasn't happy I was feeding lambs to get poo though but I was done trying to explain.

Well she is partially right. I think you can still get poo by feeding unsheared sheep, but if I am honest, that is lot less efficient than feeding a lamb. It would be really annoying to try to clean the pen without cart or wheeled cart, but that is part of the dirty work in sheep pen. You really have do plenty of side duties to keep village nurtured. (I mean, is it really that hard to get at least handcart, even without wheels? I have seen some families work pen without wheeled handcarts and they live rather happily in "peace".)
Sad thing though is, that people get so upset of people doing what they do best. Everything cannot be perfect. That is why this game might not be very suitable for those perfectionists who want their dung in perfect line in pen. big_smile

#8 2018-08-25 19:34:43

Randomname

PeaGirl wrote:

I think you can still get poo by feeding unsheared sheep

Nope the sheep just gets wool back no poop, only lambs poop.
https://onetech.info/614-Fed-Shorn-Domestic-Sheep
https://onetech.info/899-Sheep-Dung

#9 2018-08-25 20:29:54

PeaGirl

Randomname wrote:
PeaGirl wrote:

I think you can still get poo by feeding unsheared sheep

Nope the sheep just gets wool back no poop, only lambs poop.
https://onetech.info/614-Fed-Shorn-Domestic-Sheep
https://onetech.info/899-Sheep-Dung

Well then she is utterly wrong and should burn in hell. big_smile I myself have always been taught to feed lambs so i have very rarely fed sheared sheeps...

#10 2018-08-26 00:53:16

carbon

People that get in my way while the forge is going.

#11 2018-08-26 01:02:00

UnluckyLucy

carbon wrote:

i have shot people for this exact thing, (of course after several attempts at civility)

For the love of god, berries DO NOT regrow on domestic bushes unless emptied, resoiled, and watered

#12 2018-08-26 01:19:43

sanchez

UnluckyLucy wrote:
carbon wrote:

i have shot people for this exact thing, (of course after several attempts at civility)

This one omg that is the most annoying thing ever

#13 2018-08-26 01:23:23

Neo

What I like to call Eve Hell.

Basically it's when I get stuck with Eves and crappy towns for a whole session. It's usually when all the good towns have died out or I'm currently lineage blocked from them. I'll stay with a promising Eve but it's rare for me to find a good Eve that's willing to keep me.
Sometimes I try to turn them around but even with my efforts they usually die out after a generation.

The next thing is probably dying from lag or connection lost. Usually it starts off with my character humping every object for a bit before picking them up. Then the map not loading in. Sometimes you just suddenly lose connection without any prior lag. Sucks when it happens in a good life.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-26 01:36:04)

#14 2018-08-26 02:40:03

Monolith_Rans

When your kid steals your kiln adobe and pounds it into an oven base.

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#15 2018-08-26 02:54:37

sanchez

Neo wrote:

What I like to call Eve Hell.

Basically it's when I get stuck with Eves and crappy towns for a whole session. It's usually when all the good towns have died out or I'm currently lineage blocked from them. I'll stay with a promising Eve but it's rare for me to find a good Eve that's willing to keep me.
Sometimes I try to turn them around but even with my efforts they usually die out after a generation.

The next thing is probably dying from lag or connection lost. Usually it starts off with my character humping every object for a bit before picking them up. Then the map not loading in. Sometimes you just suddenly lose connection without any prior lag. Sucks when it happens in a good life.

That connection lost seems to happen to me when i don't restart the game after death and just load in to another straight away.
That seems to be happening constant.
First life no problems second life about 20-30 mins in sure enough DC.

#16 2018-08-26 04:10:38

lucythewanderer

Was attempting to get an Eve spawn. Good location, making good progress in the camp. Died of connection loss at age 59. :-/

~running naked through the swamp

#17 2018-08-26 13:59:08

PeaGirl

I also hate those players who do not listen to other players. I had to struggle with explaining some stupid player that she should leave at least one sheep unsheared because we lost our mufflon when someone let sheep free. She just kept shearing them and I tried to kill her. of course I starved... -_- I was so angry that I had to post it here. I just hate when people mess around with areas they should REALLY read about more....

#18 2018-08-26 15:15:20

MultiLife

Yeah the "instantly covering a firing kiln when there is pottery to dry" is one of the small annoyances I experience once in a while. Along with people blocking and cluttering the smithing area by standing there or moving/taking items from there (the battle for flat rocks is reaaaal). Charman family had the worst smithing area I've ever had the displeasure of operating. :'D Was planning on moving it.

lucythewanderer wrote:

Was attempting to get an Eve spawn. Good location, making good progress in the camp. Died of connection loss at age 59. :-/

Agh, that is painful. I wish the Old Age respawn thing would work for 55-59-year-old Eves' deaths too.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#19 2018-08-26 15:28:06

Aurora Aurora

When people give an important job I'm working on away to a noob who won't make any progress or get anything done whatsoever ane expect me to be fine with it and go farm.

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#20 2018-08-26 16:44:16

happynova

Being an Eve (which, I confess, I'm not super good at), finding an actually absolutely perfect spot for once, having a couple of amazingly competent daughters, getting things going really well, really fast, feeling really darned good about this Eve run for once, then coming back later and checking the family tree... to discover we died out in generation four because my grandkids only had boys.   Aaargh.

Similarly, but along more "you just have to give up and laugh" lines: the otherwise reasonably promising Eve run where I gave birth to ten boys.  TEN.  BOYS.  No girls.  Why does this game hate me?

Also annoying: Dying of famine with a gazillion unbaked pies right there, because the hatchet and the axe have both walked off and/or someone has chopped down every tinder tree for miles around, and you can't make a fire to bake the damned things.

Or the possibly even more frustrating variant: The fire is dying and there are no tinder trees for miles around and the axe and the hatchet have both walked off, and after much frantic searching you've finally found the hatchet (probably outside of town where some noob abandoned it after realizing they couldn't chop down a tree with it)  and you're desperately running back with kindling... and two seconds before you get there some idiot slaps a flat rock or a stew pot down onto the coals.

#21 2018-08-26 20:15:29

Luniatji

One time I was in a village with two families. I was shepherd, with an older sister and my mom who both also where shepherds; mom died early and sis never shepherd before so I was learning her what to do. We had all tools except a knife for killing the sheep; so when I get looking for it I saw an old man trying to give a girl his knife. I knew she was a farmer so I thought that she won't needed it so steal it. (Not very kind for me, but well.. We need it and she didn't!) so she ran after me screaming that I was a thief  which yes I was, so I tried to explain it but she won't listen and just screams further. So I ignored her and walk away. She made an bow and arrow and start chasing me, demanding I give it back. So I asked why, telling her that she won't need it and why I need it but she just keeps chasing me; I called for help and got ignored, so I finally decided to kill her. She then screams I was a griefer (Uh, no, you where the one who chased me for like ten minutes?!) and died. She got reborn and as soon as she was old enough she shot me dead because I wasn't paying attention; thought she wouldn't be able to come back. Had it miss. My sis, who saw everything, then screams she was a killer after that she was questioned by "the sheriff" (A woman who also questioned me about killing her, but I explained and she accepted my explaining.) I later was reborn as kid of that woman.. Who promptly showed me her knife. So I ran away and got fed by someone else, saw more dead bodies with blood.. turns out she was a master killer and killed half the town. Well, great thing old man to give her that knife in the first place!!

Another time, shortly after the twin update, there were triplets born.. girls I think, don't remember exactly. My nieces, the kids from my sister. I warned her more that once but she won't listen to me. As soon as they where toddlers they starting running around with baskets; two with a arrow and one with a knife, so I warned again but nobody wanted to listen. I decided to kill them myself then but killed the wrong kid so I tried to explain it, but they won't listen and kill me .. I was reborn again there soon after and I warned my mom who wás listening, but when I just grew hair they killed her. I again wanted to tell my old sis but she still won't listen to me.. After that they murder her. When she was dying I just was laughing at her, didn't feel bad or something. If she had listened she would be alive, not my fault!

#22 2018-08-26 20:42:35

Mirelli

When you finally kill a griefer and the townspeople rally against you like YOU were the real griefer, and then kill you during the cooldown while they heal the actual griefer. Maybe ask questions before you kill someone or just be observant in general. I don’t feel as bad when I die that way because I know they’ll all be slaughtered by the person I tried to protect them from, but it is annoying. That’s the price of ignorance tho

Last edited by Mirelli (2018-08-26 20:43:17)

I usually play as Eve Storm. If you’re named Phoenix, Bear, Winter, or Summer, it’s probably me smile

#23 2018-08-27 00:44:23

Roblor

happynova wrote:

Being an Eve (which, I confess, I'm not super good at), finding an actually absolutely perfect spot for once, having a couple of amazingly competent daughters, getting things going really well, really fast, feeling really darned good about this Eve run for once, then coming back later and checking the family tree... to discover we died out in generation four because my grandkids only had boys.   Aaargh.

Similarly, but along more "you just have to give up and laugh" lines: the otherwise reasonably promising Eve run where I gave birth to ten boys.  TEN.  BOYS.  No girls.  Why does this game hate me?

Mr. Jason, sir; Please give higher girl spawn rate for the early gens PUH-EH-LEEZE! I BEG OF YOU!!!
.... Just way too many times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#24 2018-08-27 00:54:25

Anshin

Roblor wrote:
happynova wrote:

Mr. Jason, sir; Please give higher girl spawn rate for the early gens PUH-EH-LEEZE! I BEG OF YOU!!!
.... Just way too many times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game should check the family tree, and if there are no girls alive then the next baby should be a girl.

#25 2018-08-27 01:06:48

Tarr
Banned

I think peoples tunnel vision annoys me the most. The amount of people who cannot survive without a giant berry field right in front of them is absurd. I've tried many times to move people from a berry based diet to either kraut or milk which are both much more water efficient but any time I try to people just plant more bushes.

I can understand on why you wouldn't want to live off milk forever as the game is probably at its worst when food is incredibly easy. However, if you're in a early camp and have all the milk in the world you should just grip and sip that stuff until you can properly expand out.

It just gets frustrating leaving in game notes on how to do something then returning to find the same type of people huddled around the berry farm.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer