One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-23 05:00:00

helloworld

How to make the ? marked key?

The keys with the letter A, B, C, etc removed.
any help will be appreciated thx

#2 2018-08-23 05:47:38

pein

Re: How to make the ? marked key?

i dont really understand you

you need to touch it to se the letter of it?

if you wanna break into a room, make a new blank lock and key, use file, try A key, put on a chest, try key on door
if not works, go back to chest, use file on key, remove lock, hit with hammer, this resets, try all letters, generally people use later ones, not a-b-c, once you got it, you can remove key from door and replace again

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-08-23 05:52:54

I am Pharo

helloworld wrote:

The keys with the letter A, B, C, etc removed.
any help will be appreciated thx

Yeah, I have seen this key before,  labeled "Key - ?" and I have no idea how its made.

It acts like a skeleton key.

#4 2018-08-23 08:27:49

Tarr
Banned

All keys get set to the ? Key whenever the server is reset. Same goes for every single lock. The only way to produce these keys is to leave a key laying around until the server is eventually restarted.

They only seem to act as skeleton keys because all the locks are defaulted to ? as well. ? keys do not work on any other lock besides ? so should your ? key not be opening a door/chest you know the lock is fresh.

Should you have more locks than ? keys you can always make duplicates by either making more locks and keys (less effective) or just making duplicate keys by using a steel blade blank on your ? key and filing it like you would a key+lock blank.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-08-23 12:21:31

I am Pharo

Tarr wrote:

All keys get set to the ? Key whenever the server is reset. Same goes for every single lock. The only way to produce these keys is to leave a key laying around until the server is eventually restarted.

They only seem to act as skeleton keys because all the locks are defaulted to ? as well. ? keys do not work on any other lock besides ? so should your ? key not be opening a door/chest you know the lock is fresh.

Should you have more locks than ? keys you can always make duplicates by either making more locks and keys (less effective) or just making duplicate keys by using a steel blade blank on your ? key and filing it like you would a key+lock blank.

#TheMoreYouKnow

#6 2018-08-23 21:35:01

helloworld

thanks Tarr, now I finally understand how ? key is made.

Last edited by helloworld (2018-08-23 21:35:39)

Board footer