One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-20 14:37:40

TrustyWay

If your baby doesn't speak, kill ''it''

You guys that whine about griefing, name your child, makes them speak, if they are unname or mute, tear the fuck them up.

#2 2018-08-20 19:01:24

bluefootedpig

Re: If your baby doesn't speak, kill ''it''

Proper child rearing... pick them up and feed once, ask them to say F for food, if they don't speak again, that is the end of it.

#3 2018-08-20 19:37:36

carbon

bluefootedpig wrote:

Proper child rearing... pick them up and feed once, ask them to say F for food, if they don't speak again, that is the end of it.

A more proper tip: name them. Usually they respond, if not ask for response.

#4 2018-08-20 19:54:09

MultiLife

Just a heads up!
I have terrible lag when I load into my first life, so I will be a quiet baby at first, possibly not surviving if not fed once. After I am loaded in I will say hi, always, when I can actually see and move.
If your baby moves, you know they are loaded in and you can demand them to speak. If you don't want to keep them, don't try to carry them far as a woman: you are feeding them all that time and they can jump off and manage to survive or release a bear.

So I'd recommend:
1. feed the baby once if static, if the baby is moving, step 2
2. greet the baby/"f for food"
3. wait for them to speak, no food until that

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#5 2018-08-20 22:06:16

TrustyWay

Explain to your kids why you do that, everyone has to check babies

#6 2018-08-20 22:15:00

bluefootedpig

My first "letter" i say is just !

I like to use ! to end words as well.

H...I...!

#7 2018-08-21 00:27:31

pein

yeah, slow load and lag is bad, dont punish them even more

the only way they survive is 6 bars on perfect temp
any less is not enough
so you got 2.5 minutes to find out stuff before raising fully

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-08-21 01:21:16

Raliax

A lot of cursed babies tend to not speak until they are no longer babies, so they aren't abandoned. It could be a sign.

#9 2018-08-21 02:02:53

CynderR

What about those who rp as a mute! Curse system should have some visual indicator to help our poor mute children!

#10 2018-08-21 05:54:20

Neo

I'm all for stabbing cursed babies before they get a chance to grow up. One problem is what if they run to someone else or the local nurse to get fed. The Average town nurse will feed all kids without question so even if you  ask them to talk they can still live.
That's a problem with just "step out for food" it should be "step out and say F for food".

Anyway I think even adults should be tested in case a cursed did manage to make it. Even if your anti social you should probably respond to the person with the knife when they ask you how your doing. Just to confirm your not cursed.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-21 06:09:52)

#11 2018-08-21 12:56:23

Lotus

As MultiLife mentioned, a lot of players’ first games start with a long ass loading screen. I’m usually there for about thirty seconds, so if your baby starts talking after a little while, let them off the hook.

#12 2018-08-21 17:23:40

WomanWizard

Yes. I always feed my baby when it's first born, then plop it on a perfect tile and say hello. I've explained to most of my babies in game that I don't feed the silent ones, so they have to speak. If the baby is silent and doesn't move, I don't feed it again. It's fine for a while on that tile before it will starve. I just repeat myself after a bit in case the player hasn't loaded in yet.

If the baby moves and is still silent, game over kid.

Had a great time with this when I placed a baby in front of a fire and told it to speak. It didn't. The other two adults in camp converged on it, shouting things like, "Speak or die!" Probably the most aggressively I've seen this test implemented. I'm usually pretty gentle with them. Anyway, the kid ran off a moment later. So either we caught a cursed baby, or terrified a newbie. Either way it was pretty funny.

Board footer