One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-19 03:56:29

Neo

Why do people feed other people's kids?

Just been wondering why people blindly feed every kid even when the mother says not to. I only abandon in overpopulated towns or on Eve runs, I usually just name them and dump on the nurse but I never starve a baby without a reason.

Always impossible to let a baby die in a town, Someone always saves for no reason. Why save some random kid even if the mother tells you not to, You got your own kids so why save random babies that don't belong to you?

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-19 04:09:55)

#2 2018-08-19 04:59:08

Anshin

Re: Why do people feed other people's kids?

Because overpopulation is a myth.
Forage and you'll be fine. Tell them to forage if you're busy.
No need to kill or abandon anyone.

#3 2018-08-19 05:24:15

thegolfpantsguy

i think because most of the players dont know what they are doing...
they just think they are helpful :x

#4 2018-08-19 05:37:07

Tarr
Banned

I mean as long as the baby isn't cursed/constantly jumping I generally feed them. I remember how bad it felt when lineage ban hit babies. I remember how shitty it felt to be banned out of a town because you got the one bad mother out of the whole village.

Hell, I still get starved out by fertile women who give zero damns about babies who get ditched by terrible mothers. Obviously I don't feed babies if someone explicitly states not to, but if resources are plenty there's no reason to just kill off random babies.

fug it’s Tarr.

#5 2018-08-19 05:40:29

Alleria

Tarr wrote:

Hell, I still get starved out by fertile women who give zero damns about babies who get ditched by terrible mothers. Obviously I don't feed babies if someone explicitly states not to, but if resources are plenty there's no reason to just kill off random babies.

The problem is that >90% of players aren't competent enough to identify whether there are enough resources to go around (carrying capacity). Let's be real though, if your civ has cows, you can probably house the entire server in your town.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#6 2018-08-19 05:44:58

pein

desert tile 3 feedings and the kid is big, then most of them dies in 2 minutes so wont really overpopulate

if a kid cant stay put, gonna be a useless sponge anyway

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-08-19 06:18:42

thegolfpantsguy

Alleria wrote:
Tarr wrote:

The problem is that >90% of players aren't competent enough to identify whether there are enough resources to go around (carrying capacity). Let's be real though, if your civ has cows, you can probably house the entire server in your town.

YOU COULD IF THEY ALL WOULD "eat" milk, but i can already tell you, it wont go that way...

#8 2018-08-19 06:28:04

Neo

It's like I said, I see no reason to starve a kid if there is enough food to go round. Unless of course the baby isn't behaving but then that was the same problem of others feeding problematic babies who turn out to be griefers or sponges.

#9 2018-08-19 14:01:18

MultiLife

Some women think the babies
...got abandoned
...had their mom run out of milk
...never found their mom
and feed them, some just have the standard of "raise all kids no questions asked".

It has happened to me once (when a kid I didn't want to keep was fed); I gave birth to baby who jumped off me and ran when I was trying to name them, then I told a nurse to not feed my girl (we had plenty) as she was being suspicious, the baby got offended by this but was raised anyways (the nurse didn't say anything at all), glad the baby wasn't a griefer (afaik) but she did die to the first bear.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#10 2018-08-19 15:40:07

Mad_Villager

I have a great tactic for male noobs. (if you are a lazy psycopath as me)
Tell them you will show the how to farm, then go to the cold drop them (or lead them there). Have a full belly then just explain while they starve and die. It looks like an accident then.

This is only for educational purpose.

#11 2018-08-20 02:09:36

Neo

Mad_Villager wrote:

I have a great tactic for male noobs. (if you are a lazy psycopath as me)
Tell them you will show the how to farm, then go to the cold drop them (or lead them there). Have a full belly then just explain while they starve and die. It looks like an accident then.

This is only for educational purpose.

Usually I tell them that I'm giving them a tour or showing them where food is.

Easier as Male or old lady, Just spam pick them up or pickup and run until they die if they are noobs.

So much effort just to starve one baby tho. A new baby is probably born in town while your trying to kill the first.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-20 02:13:37)

Board footer