One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-18 05:12:13

BlueRock

What is the Worst Item in OHOL?

We're looking for an item and a reason here. All items welcome, but only one is the worst!

I'd openly post what I think is the worst item, but that might defeat the purpose of this post...
Unless there's someone to prove me wrong in the discussion posts down below.

Wklv lv d vhfuhw phvvdjh klgghq lq Fdhvdu Frgh. Wkh zruvw lwhp kdv wr eh wkh Udeelw Ixu Vkdzo, ehfdxvh lw xvhv wkuhh udeelw ixuv wr pdnh dq lqihulru vkluw!

Lw orvhv rxw wr hyhub rwkhu vkluw rswlrq gxh wr lwv idluob vwhhs frvw, dqg odfn ri d xvdeoh srxfk...
Dowkrxjk whfkqlfdoob lw jhwv pruh lqvxodwlrq shu Udeelw Ixu wkdq lwv Frdw frxqwhusduw.

#2 2018-08-18 05:15:04

MuffinGamys

Re: What is the Worst Item in OHOL?

Fur shoes maybe, you use one fur for two but two thread wasted on them instead of better items.

My last name as Eve is always Wolf. You'll find me playing with the plebs or in a gen run. Game on mah dudes.

#3 2018-08-18 05:21:11

willfrank84

Marked Graves or rose bushes or chests because they are unremoveable and can be used to block doorways to buildings. Make those things removeable and/or traversable and they are fine.

#4 2018-08-18 06:19:42

Turnipseed

Fur shoes fo sho

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#5 2018-08-18 07:03:15

Matbat

You guys are raggin' on my friend fur shoe* when ol' mister worm actually has no use at the moment.
But for my worst item I'm pretty sure everyone, and I mean everyone, can agree that REDACTED** is the most terrible investment/item in the game.

(*of which I make, because I don't waste four berry carrot bowls for dang shoes, rather 2/6 of one and a single rabbit)
(**I actually don't want to say it because we all know griefers are going to come here and start doing everything here..
but heres a hint for the people who do know how to make it, five rope. (If you know, please don't mention it) )

Last edited by Matbat (2018-08-18 07:12:08)

#6 2018-08-18 07:11:55

Lily

I say the trash pit. Which is actually pretty useful except people don't use it for throwing away trash, they use it to make cheap fences to trap animals. So I say it is worst because it is only ever used for an exploit.

#7 2018-08-18 09:36:58

tana

the bowl of snake antivenom is the most ridiculously worst.
It's preparation alone is insane.
As a prerequisite, you need to have sheep, medipads and knife.
So you have to make a fence post, then sacrifice 8 milkweed for a lasso and a sheepskin for a saddle that will be irremiedably lost. Find and capture a horse, tame it then intentionnaly kill it on a snake, then hit it with a knife and finally a bowl.
If someone gets bitten by a snake, it has to be lucky to be close enough to the city, to find someone that has a knife, that there are medipads and a fire on, and that someone knows what to do. By the time all that happens, the person is dead, not talking about the fact that most of the time you're too far from city.

Since the whole process involves a knife anyway, much easier to go and actually kill all the snakes around the city, at least we can get nice boots out of them, and the other snakes are too far from city to be healed anyway.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#8 2018-08-18 10:03:22

pein

the worst item is a crown, it starts a stupid chain of monarchist idiots giving that piece of cold yellow hat to their offsprings based on no information, killings gonna start, idiot newbies acting as some kind of bosses cause they found a crown somewhere and now it belongs to them, and their virtual kids, and those people become sponges, who call others peasants or servants, while they munching their food with no work done. also people make multiple so making a bell which is an item with a function, its much harder or impossible.

the other day i stole a crown off a kid, and the dumbass was like 4 min just talking that he was there the other life, then asked a guy to stab me, as soon as i was 12 i picked up a bow and shot down the attacker when it tried to stab me, i mean i kinda would understood if the kid comes at me
but others think that a random little noob who cant even defend a crown, is superior to some other random kid, who actually tricked it, but some think this baby pranks worth killing for, and they are kings cause someone put a crown on them

once i was extending a pen, and a dumbfuck daughter said that she was queen there, and i was like, ok , good for you, i raised her and extended the little 5x5 pen meanwhile, then she quits at age 3 cause i didnt spoiled her with random shit

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-08-18 18:11:28

bENdI

BlueRock wrote:

Wklv lv d vhfuhw phvvdjh klgghq lq Fdhvdu Frgh. Wkh zruvw lwhp kdv wr eh wkh Udeelw Ixu Vkdzo, ehfdxvh lw xvhv wkuhh udeelw ixuv wr pdnh dq lqihulru vkluw!

Lw orvhv rxw wr hyhub rwkhu vkluw rswlrq gxh wr lwv idluob vwhhs frvw, dqg odfn ri d xvdeoh srxfk...
Dowkrxjk whfkqlfdoob lw jhwv pruh lqvxodwlrq shu Udeelw Ixu wkdq lwv Frdw frxqwhusduw.

"This is a secret message hidden in Caesar Code. The worst item has to be the Rabbit Fur Shawl, because it uses three rabbit furs to make an inferior shirt!

It loses out to every other shirt option due to its fairly steep cost, and lack of a usable pouch...
Although technically it gets more insulation per Rabbit Fur than its Coat counterpart."

kk

#10 2018-08-18 18:20:01

Neo

I'd like to nominate pork, Virtually useless item. There is also ancient stone walls which are ugly and can't be removed, I much prefer the nicer newer stone walls.

Then there is pine structures, Basically never gets used. Needs like FOUR rope and 4 straight shafts just for one piece, ridiculous. Only possible benefit I can see  is I don't think pine doors can get locked so less griefable but way more costly.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-18 18:31:28)

#11 2018-08-18 19:12:01

thegolfpantsguy

100% KEYS AND LOCKS...

whats the purpose from locking something away your sons and grandsons will need...
remove that crap please.... some people build a civ and than comes one idiot, nothing to do with the building and just locks some rooms....
most stupid item³

#12 2018-08-18 22:56:13

Monolith_Rans

Corn kernel.  I can’t stand corn kernels everywhere.  They’re so small and take up a whole tile.  Hate em

I love all of my children.  You are wanted and loved.

#13 2018-08-19 04:19:09

Jk Howling

Seconding pork. Utterly useless item atm, the only dish it makes requires so much time and resources that they're not worth it in the slightest. There's no way to remove them from bowls aside from going through the unnecessarily long process of making tacos, which makes them a severely easy griefing tool if you happen to live in a town where some idiot domesticated pigs.

-Has ascended to better games-

#14 2018-08-24 16:31:25

Anshin

Dirty Raw Wheat Tortilla
obj_1362.png

Dirty Raw Corn Tortilla
obj_1361.png
They waste food and you can do nothing with them.

Pigs should be able to eat spoiled food, and pork should be smoked into BACON!!!
Pls, Thx.

#15 2019-12-31 19:48:04

Punkypal

BOOM! New Year's Eve necro (I couldn't resist). But seriously, plenty of things have been added in the last year. Any items that are worse than these already listed?

Some would say this item is almost useless: https://bit.ly/2QcIrOr

LOL

Daily Updated Map of Player Structures: https://bit.ly/2UrfOQ9
Link to Many Beginner Guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNp6g7 … xcw/videos
Composting Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgyl9evfhw
Diesel Engine Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMX_GlwgbA

#16 2019-12-31 20:02:47

DestinyCall

How about this item?

Way too hard to make and you can't even eat it.

https://onetech.info/1747-Mean-Pit-Bull

#17 2019-12-31 20:24:50

Spoonwood

I'll second mean pitbulls.

Also, the radio telegraph.  I know of uses of the AM radio.  But has the radio telegraph ever, even once, gotten used?  I made one once, and probably will make another, since it's a crafting project.  But, it's like a pure ornament.

Cameras at present are pretty silly if you ask me, since a screen shot provides more information.

War swords also.  Though, there was a (now disproven) hypothesis behind them at least.

But yeah, mean pit bulls take the cake.  The radio telegraphs and cameras have some reason to exist since it seems kind of hard to imagine someone saying "that's too easy to do in 60 minutes to qualify as a suitable replacement for 'iphones'".  Why do mean pit bulls exist again?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#18 2019-12-31 21:00:15

miskas

Mango fruit is the worst in terms of food efficiency
Wool boot is the worst in terms of Insulation efficiency

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … 1&range=A2

Last edited by miskas (2019-12-31 21:08:01)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#19 2019-12-31 22:20:49

DestinyCall

Mango is not the worst food, actually.    There are several foods that cost more resources and provide less value.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2020-01-01 02:18:29)

#20 2020-01-01 01:19:48

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

War Sword for sure. It changed the game forever, made us all scared to death of each other. Enabled griefing to the absolute max for no reason. Entire towns wiped out for being a different color. It's what brought about this entire "family" system. Now it's just dead content which it deserves.

shititem

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#21 2020-01-01 03:18:32

The_Anabaptist

tana wrote:

the bowl of snake antivenom is the most ridiculously worst.
It's preparation alone is insane.
As a prerequisite, you need to have sheep, medipads and knife.
So you have to make a fence post, then sacrifice 8 milkweed for a lasso and a sheepskin for a saddle that will be irremiedably lost. Find and capture a horse, tame it then intentionnaly kill it on a snake, then hit it with a knife and finally a bowl.
If someone gets bitten by a snake, it has to be lucky to be close enough to the city, to find someone that has a knife, that there are medipads and a fire on, and that someone knows what to do. By the time all that happens, the person is dead, not talking about the fact that most of the time you're too far from city.

Since the whole process involves a knife anyway, much easier to go and actually kill all the snakes around the city, at least we can get nice boots out of them, and the other snakes are too far from city to be healed anyway.

I second this.  I don't know if I've ever seen antivenom used in a real life situation.  Maybe once in a "mock" scenario?

The_Anabaptist

#22 2020-01-01 14:02:23

Spoonwood

I like antivenom, since it sort of says 'healing your family members/friends from snake bites is a good thing to do.'  But also, I don't like it, because of how it's just too infeasible for it to work out to actually heal someone from a snake bit.  Antivenom blood for healing is a great idea, and I like seeing it in the low pop town that I know of that has it.  It sort of says the right things.  But, it's awful game design in terms of practical benefits.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#23 2020-01-01 18:14:58

Gogo
Banned

Watermelon daddy shrine. wink

Dogs. They aren't even an item, but still. I like them, but people breed too much of them and they die too soon.

#24 2020-01-01 21:08:15

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:

I like antivenom, since it sort of says 'healing your family members/friends from snake bites is a good thing to do.'  But also, I don't like it, because of how it's just too infeasible for it to work out to actually heal someone from a snake bit.  Antivenom blood for healing is a great idea, and I like seeing it in the low pop town that I know of that has it.  It sort of says the right things.  But, it's awful game design in terms of practical benefits.

Antivenom would make sense if snakes were able to re-spawn or if they were unkillable, like mosquitoes.    But if you have the knife you need to MAKE antivenom, the best longterm solution to your snake problem is simply killing all the snakes.   

Even a large desert only has five or six snakes at most.    It takes a few careful clicks of the knife to end the snake menace.    Wipe out all snakes near your village and you don't need antivenom, because no one is going to get bite by a snake if they are all dead.

The only time you are in real danger of snakebite is if you are traveling far from home (and too far to be saved by antivenom) or if you are in an early village that hasn't cleared all the snakes yet (and doesn't have antivenom either).

We need a low-tech option for treating snakebites for these situations.    And we need an option for dealing with bug bites.     Portable antivenom might be useful for travelers ... but since we cannot treat our own injuries, it really isn't that likely to be helpful.   

Of course, the best cure for snakebites is zoom mod.

#25 2020-01-02 00:01:41

testo

DestinyCall wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Antivenom would make sense if snakes were able to re-spawn or if they were unkillable, like mosquitoes.    But if you have the knife you need to MAKE antivenom, the best longterm solution to your snake problem is simply killing all the snakes.   

Even a large desert only has five or six snakes at most.    It takes a few careful clicks of the knife to end the snake menace.    Wipe out all snakes near your village and you don't need antivenom, because no one is going to get bite by a snake if they are all dead.

The only time you are in real danger of snakebite is if you are traveling far from home (and too far to be saved by antivenom) or if you are in an early village that hasn't cleared all the snakes yet (and doesn't have antivenom either).

We need a low-tech option for treating snakebites for these situations.    And we need an option for dealing with bug bites.     Portable antivenom might be useful for travelers ... but since we cannot treat our own injuries, it really isn't that likely to be helpful.   

Of course, the best cure for snakebites is zoom mod.

Even if snakes were unkillable antivenom wouldn´t make sense since snakes don´t leave desert bio. Snake bite is also the faster deadly attack to kick in so, even in the remote event that snakes were unkillable and could move freely on the map, the antivenom would still be a waste since you don´t have time to reach for help and get medical threatment.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

Board footer