One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-10 04:15:34

Porthos
Website

The Long journey home I met a baby. A Miracle.

I traveled from over 8km toward the home marker. At around 4km with my basket full of pies I heard a baby crying. What?! Did I just give birth? I back tracked and there she sat. Nameless and crying. Wtf just happened I thought.  I checked under my pants. Nope, I'm still a man.

How could this be? After realising that although all the babies I wanted to keep, like to run away and die, this one, this impossibility, wanted to live.  I decided to sacrifice my time traveling to the promised land. I raised the baby by fetching berries and wild onions until she could hold things on her own.
When she asked me for a name I released that we were related, but I wasn't her biological Dad, I was her cousin. I decided to name her "Miracle".

We traveled together for what seemed like days and weeks, through swamps, fields of gold, though barren rock and through snow. At one point we actually found her biological Mother, but sadly she had contracted some kind illness known as afk. She just sat on a horse and cart full of pies and wouldn't move or talk. We pressed on, as it made young Miracle sad to see the woman who abandoned her.

Onwards and upwards, through dangerous lands, busy lands, dusty lands.  Some of that dust got in my eyes and I lost sight of my adopted daughter, I stopped to gather my senses and as I looked up. I saw the wolf. It was upon me.

I felt bad that she had to continue without me. A part of me feels like I let her down. But then I remember how I nurtured her life, and she gave my life meaning. It didn't matter to me that I wouldn't make it. What mattered is that she made it. What did she make? She made me proud.

#2 2018-08-10 05:08:45

pein

Re: The Long journey home I met a baby. A Miracle.

her daughter might make it there
but if you already got cart, prolly waste of time

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2018-08-10 06:15:46

annjust

Porthos wrote:

Wtf just happened I thought.  I checked under my pants. Nope, I'm still a man.

LOL

#4 2018-08-10 11:49:25

Porthos
Website

pein wrote:

her daughter might make it there
but if you already got cart, prolly waste of time

We didn't have a cart and she was born in the middle of nowhere.  I had a basket of pies and a dream; then I had Miracle.

It's not was never about the destination for me, it was about the journey. I knew my journey would take at least most of my life.

So what would have made a journey such as that worthwhile? Nothing... Nothing but a Miracle.

Board footer