One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-09 16:04:18

Neo

Bow or knife?

Which do you prefer.

Personally I prefer the knife because it's more convenient.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-09 16:11:09)

#2 2018-08-09 16:11:14

PeaGirl

Re: Bow or knife?

I am interested in what purpose you intend this to? For player killing or tech purposes? Also bow looks ugly. Knives in this game look like glamorous Bon Jovi in youth. Multiuse, cut, mash, kill cattles or people, and just to look more "cool" person for those who you don't stick that pretty knife into. Bows though still hold their part in hunting wildlife and obtaining their babies to become one of the most important resourceroots.
In manner of player killing and/or protecting the city, knife is likely better for protecting the city from villains. Bow is better for taking care of wild animals so to say. Moving target is offside for bow and it can be pretty clumsy to try to deal with someone bow vs. knife, though that is for someone else who is more experienced with these. Although bow can attack moving target. With knives killers need to pretty much dance around to stay protected. yikes

Last edited by PeaGirl (2018-08-09 16:15:52)

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#3 2018-08-09 16:58:40

Tarr
Banned

I've always found bow easier to use when actually dispatching someone. A lot less awkward dancing and a lot more pew pew. Also bow is generally more fatal than a normal knife wound so shooting someone generally gets the job done.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2018-08-09 17:57:18

startafight

knife only b/c i can store it in a bag n i dont need to risk putting it down

#5 2018-08-09 18:10:10

Neo

Tarr wrote:

I've always found bow easier to use when actually dispatching someone. A lot less awkward dancing and a lot more pew pew. Also bow is generally more fatal than a normal knife wound so shooting someone generally gets the job done.

That's a fair point, Knife wounds are healed fairly easy.

The main issue I have with the bow is people stealing your arrows after a kill and potentially shooting you. The combat is either surprised attacks or predicting where people will go, If you miss with the bow you could be fucked. Arrow could be taken or dissappear.

The knife can be hidden with some models hair or certain objects so you can whip it out and quickly stab them.

Plus you gotta stash the bow somewhere so if something happens you have to get it while the knife can just be on your person.

#6 2018-08-09 18:41:39

Tarr
Banned

Yeah you just have to make trade-offs between the two weapons. If I'm serious about living in a town I generally run off to find the milkweed to make a bow and arrow as a child to ensure I'm not caught with my pants down. As long as you aren't fighting in a big area of clutter actual arrow loss shouldn't be a thing.

I'm not going to pretend to be some 200 IQ tactician or something but predicting which way someone running at you is going to go isn't too super hard. You've generally got them crossing between tiles so you'll have that extra room for error when figuring out where to shoot. Running away is a little different but if you're killing someone with a bow you probably shouldn't be alerting them to your presence anyways.

Knife is probably the better choice overall with being able to keep it in a bag or just the fact there's no chance for it to disappear into the abyss while fighting. I've just personally had more success when in a 1v1 with the bow rather than knife.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2018-08-10 02:03:58

pein

when you got lag the knife is better

i pulled off so many bow shots people run around me, they think i gonna miss it, but i just wait to see the pattern

sometimes i baiting them putting the bow down and picking up a seed or some small item, even food, then replace it and shoot

im killed by kids when im not prepared, so hard to see a kid transitioning from 11 to 12 and his first taught is to kill you

i been murdered twice lately, and i learn from my mistakes, knife vs bow fight, just juke from side and attack from below or above

killing a killer whose whole purpose is to kill people:
dont rush, nothing else matters to them so nothing else should matter to you, kids, work, etc.

try to surprise them and wait for the opportunity

also if you got more arrows, place in correct order in pack, you might not have the chance to swap items in hand
i pulled a risky move, the killed stood on my bow, so i dropped a flat stone, but couldnt dodge the shoot, and i know it sounds like an excuse but lag got me while trying to dodge

anyway, when your whole purpose of life is to kill, is easier than working and finding your hidden bow to dispatch a griefer

experienced murderers wont let you stand close to them, you gonna see them moving out even if you are diagonally to them, so patience is a very important with them

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2018-08-10 06:17:22

Neo

pein wrote:

when you got lag the knife is better

i pulled off so many bow shots people run around me, they think i gonna miss it, but i just wait to see the pattern

sometimes i baiting them putting the bow down and picking up a seed or some small item, even food, then replace it and shoot

im killed by kids when im not prepared, so hard to see a kid transitioning from 11 to 12 and his first taught is to kill you

i been murdered twice lately, and i learn from my mistakes, knife vs bow fight, just juke from side and attack from below or above

killing a killer whose whole purpose is to kill people:
dont rush, nothing else matters to them so nothing else should matter to you, kids, work, etc.

try to surprise them and wait for the opportunity

also if you got more arrows, place in correct order in pack, you might not have the chance to swap items in hand
i pulled a risky move, the killed stood on my bow, so i dropped a flat stone, but couldnt dodge the shoot, and i know it sounds like an excuse but lag got me while trying to dodge

anyway, when your whole purpose of life is to kill, is easier than working and finding your hidden bow to dispatch a griefer

experienced murderers wont let you stand close to them, you gonna see them moving out even if you are diagonally to them, so patience is a very important with them

The other day I managed to hit a guy on a horse. It was a dead town, all males.

The one girl and some guy where do busy doing stupid "kinky" roleplay. Basically saying "Hey shove  (object) up my ass" and "Let's do a threesome with the baby boy". The women starved.

The girl was also shot some people calling herself "the bringer of death" but I took all her arrows and bow. She then starved and the dude kept trying to show me his "magic trick".

I told him I have my own magic trick and got the bow. He got a horse and started riding around. I camped the main farm with my bow, Either starve him out or catch him eating.

After awhile he stood for a second just in range and I shot him off his horse. Called me an idiot and blamed me for killing the town lol. He was 55 but it was still felt good to hit him.

Board footer