One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-29 23:29:07

Auner

Adding a grographic barrier to the game?

So when I say 'Geographic Barrier" I mean a body of water or a mountain.

With society progressing and live becoming easy it would be nice to introduce something to conquer.

A mountain is quite hard to illustrate in game, however it could be done perhaps by having the ground-grid lines shift on the y-axis a few degrees within each screen- with a lot of flora and fauna that limits your mobility the higher up you go- this unfortunately to make 'believable' some kind of rock wall would need to be made if you tried to come at it north or south to deem the path 'impassible'

Another option would be to give us a sea- or a small ocean. Seas could take 20 minutes to cross, while oceans- 45-60-- assuming you let us build boats-- but otherwise if could fish and you could add little islands you could potentially start new on if you don't feel like going the whole way- and it'd be great to get a tropical biome!

I'd be really cool if there was a particular land mass that can't be spawned on by an eve- where gold is bountiful

Last edited by Auner (2018-07-29 23:30:18)

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#2 2018-07-29 23:41:36

pein

Re: Adding a grographic barrier to the game?

i would like different shape mountains, carving out caves into
could be just 3 layers of stone tiles, connecting seamlessly to each other, low medium high and require a few pickax hits
random generated maps are not really good for settling before scouting a bit, could be some barriers but not entire enclosures

a sandbox mode could e nice but people require more cycles of renewing resources, not really jasons intention

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer