One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-10-09 08:02:59

pein

Re: Teleporter thread: The history of teleportation in OHOL

you can make out of 4 rails,rest half rails or just  adobe
yes you save on shared walls that's why is less
moving all to target location, the fence itself needs to be made but take off rails and make new fence, repeat until down to 4 fences
that's 6 branches less

adobe is easier than fence most cases

if you worry about griefers, actually you can be griefed by enclosing you with a locked door only, or using up your rails or watering the adobe
so this might be an ideal setup without line 3-5 fences
s5vimjI.png

you get less resource per shared walls, but you need to enclose all sides, so square size wont spare more, it will always be some edge one, and some middle one (while in pens, the bigger the better as middle tiles don't need their own walls)
by rearranging them in two columns i used the same amount of resources but needs 2 rails moved each time

G5mIUkJ.png

or have wall in middle and each compartment facing outwards and bring one fence around (inside out the original, merged walls)
J8yBdK1.png

honestly if you want it make it cool, use doors
otherwise less fences are better, graves work from EW entrances better but they decay with no stone and people gonna steal it

its more of a design choice not resource choice, less rails more walls are the same
cMFizGL.png

total cost 23 adobe, 7branches

having some non upgraded ponds/shallow wells could make it more optimal, sadly cisterns still don't allow bowls or pouches used, but you can carry them in pack, actually graves could hold a full pouch for next watering, if you ever find 2-2-4-4 distance ponds
I6WTg7q.png

Last edited by pein (2018-10-09 08:05:47)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#77 2018-10-09 18:13:02

jasonrohrer
Administrator

#78 2018-10-09 18:19:52

Tarr
Banned

Haha, thanks for all the fun while they lasted. I'm sure one day we'll find another fun quirk to play with just like we did with teleporters.

fug it’s Tarr.

#79 2018-10-23 15:15:48

Tarr
Banned

Well we might not have fancy machines anymore to quickly harvest our carrots but the new carrot farming meta is using the same autopathing as originally to quickly harvest carrots/seeds/whatever.

-Basically have a kid within the 3-5 range at the farm (Yes, this is time sensitive but you should always have a toddler on one of the parents by the time carrots are ready to harvest)
-Have said child pick up whatever you want teleported (Child has to have hands and be able to be picked up)
-When child is picked up said item will be launched from their hands into the nearest empty tile like a teleporter would do.

Basically, the only people who should be farming your carrots should be the elderly or males with a young child to be picked up. Was able to harvest all my rows with one feeding of a child. Is this useful? Maybe, I was having success with early pie making in an eve camp with the help of child farmers.

So you heard it here, children are teleporters now.

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer