One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-08-08 00:14:37

Booklat1

Re: Teleporter thread: The history of teleportation in OHOL

Oh, you do realize people can grief by wounding the very land then?

Pretty evil actually

#52 2018-08-08 00:43:48

Tarr
Banned

Hey man suicide leaves its mark on everyone around you. Yeah people can use them to grief but I normally don't build them too close to towns for this reason. It's mostly just another fun gimmick to fool around with.

fug it’s Tarr.

#53 2018-08-20 16:36:42

TAIOAN

It works with FULL "tomb".

I always give my children a lovely Tâigí(Taiwanese) name, súi(beautiful)!

#54 2018-09-09 19:48:42

Tarr
Banned

Not sure why no one thought of this before but I've tested and it 100% works.

Teleporters dislodge bloody weapons from your hands thus dropping the bloody weapon on the ground and removing the slowdown effect of murder. Obviously this is a niche situation for escape but it is possible.*

Also to note: When teleporting a wound from your body you go back to being able to do normal things. Was able to launch a wound from my body and stab my attacker.**

*Weapon will place placed on nearest available tile unable to be grabbed until it transitions back to unbloody model. Teleporters with every tile around it blocked will just delete the weapon instead.

**For those that don't remember wounds that fall off/do not appear are not curable. Removing a wound from your body is basically always lethal.

fug it’s Tarr.

#55 2018-09-09 20:52:53

Anshin

Tarr wrote:

Not sure why no one thought of this before but I've tested and it 100% works.

Teleporters dislodge bloody weapons from your hands thus dropping the bloody weapon on the ground and removing the slowdown effect of murder. Obviously this is a niche situation for escape but it is possible.*

Also to note: When teleporting a wound from your body you go back to being able to do normal things. Was able to launch a wound from my body and stab my attacker.**

*Weapon will place placed on nearest available tile unable to be grabbed until it transitions back to unbloody model. Teleporters with every tile around it blocked will just delete the weapon instead.

**For those that don't remember wounds that fall off/do not appear are not curable. Removing a wound from your body is basically always lethal.

Can you sew the wounds on the ground? (maybe curing yourself?)

#56 2018-09-09 21:19:26

pein

in one life i made a pen and enclosed someone, my side/front entrance is A shape,
OPO
POP
POPPPPP

O-open P-pit or wall
attached to a pit

that time i had two disputes, one with a thief and one with a monarchist baby gearer who had no regard to the kills happening and didnt give a pack for me to get a sheep

other life also made pen but got killed as i lagged, lost arrow and was late picking up knife. anyway you can run into a pit and enclose some killers who chase you making a shovel deadly, and a teleporter can be esiliy made from such a pen, even for emprisoning and feeding someone inside, but anyway a simple teleporter is 4 pits

if i can lose bloody weapon or retaliate even if i die, thats a nice mechanic

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#57 2018-09-09 21:30:29

Tarr
Banned

Just completed first self surgery in game to my knowing. Unfortunately curing a wound that falls off your body is still 100% fatal.

And pein as long as you remove the wound from your body or bloody knife from your hand you are able to act normally (if wounded you will live until kill message goes out.)

So if you stab someone just walk inside of a teleporter and touch one of the sides (or middle) and you'll drop the bloody knife which frees you from murder cooldown and leaves the bloody knife on the ground.
If someone attacks you, you're able to walk inside of a teleporter and dislodge the wound from your body then pull out your own weapon and stab them back. I've already tested both of these situations and can confirm this is how it works.

fug it’s Tarr.

#58 2018-09-09 21:55:31

Superfun2
Banned

Wow thanks TARR more ways to TERMINATE you

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#59 2018-09-12 10:51:57

Tarr
Banned

qTmvNjg.png

First time I've ever made a pine corner in all my hours of playing. I present the games most expensive teleporter. Ended up finding a green biome with nearly fifty milkweed and just knew I had to put it together.

fug it’s Tarr.

#60 2018-09-14 05:09:04

Wolvenscar

Awesome stuffs Tarr!:D

#61 2018-09-20 11:26:56

thegolfpantsguy

https://clips.twitch.tv/LaconicClearClintmullinsMVGame

best way to farm mass amount of carrots
3x4 for farming and 2x1 for seeds which this girl is not respecting
so you get back 14 seeds for next round..

#62 2018-09-20 11:59:24

Tarr
Banned

Yeah I was wondering who had set up another of the multi pit teleporters this morning. I was giving the multiple cell setup another try yesterday to see if that was easier for newer/unknowing players to grasp the concept of.

At the very least I've seen one random person pick up on the idea and actually do it without me fully explaining how and why it works so that's a plus.

fug it’s Tarr.

#63 2018-09-20 15:41:23

AriaEverhart

I was actually the one who set up the teleporter in that clip. Also tried my best to pass on the knowledge to other players so this wouldn't end up being 'forgotten' again. I was born into the village again and was glad to see that more people are starting to use it.

I've actually been wondering for a while why no one has been using this. I wanted to set one up myself so badly but I didn't want to bother making walls. I didn't know that this worked with trash pits until I saw someone use them on their setup. Wish I found out/realized sooner.

Anyway, You're a genius for coming up with this Tarr~

#64 2018-09-20 15:55:11

thegolfpantsguy

AriaEverhart wrote:

I was actually the one who set up the teleporter in that clip. Also tried my best to pass on the knowledge to other players so this wouldn't end up being 'forgotten' again. I was born into the village again and was glad to see that more people are starting to use it.

I've actually been wondering for a while why no one has been using this. I wanted to set one up myself so badly but I didn't want to bother making walls. I didn't know that this worked with trash pits until I saw someone use them on their setup. Wish I found out/realized sooner.

Anyway, You're a genius for coming up with this Tarr~

erm, negative, i setup that farm in 3 different towns yesterday...
i think one already had 4 tiles ready to tp, but no one was using it...
found out that people see the purpose of it better if you use that 3x4 +2 setup

#65 2018-09-20 16:05:24

AriaEverhart

thegolfpantsguy wrote:

erm, negative, i setup that farm in 3 different towns yesterday...
i think one already had 4 tiles ready to tp, but no one was using it...
found out that people see the purpose of it better if you use that 3x4 +2 setup

Yeah I pretty sure that is the town you mentioned with the 4 rows which I started. I wanted to make it bigger but I died of old age before I could do so. Spent most of my life setting up sheep and compost for the town.

Your setup may be the one I saw which inspired me to start it. It was the town with the sheep pen also to the left but the farm was in a desert.

I'll use the setup you're using and try to get more people to know how it works. It would really be nice to see this being used frequently

Last edited by AriaEverhart (2018-09-20 16:08:29)

#66 2018-09-20 16:15:48

Tarr
Banned

Yeah I had only ever set up that multi-teleport farm in Steelburg or whatever they called it. (The one that currently has a snake bite wound in one of the centers.) I didn't do anything real precise when I put that thing together as it was just throwing around the idea again to see if it stuck.

I'm not real huge on the amount of space they take up but if it helps show people how to use them it's better in the long run.

AriaEverhart wrote:

I've actually been wondering for a while why no one has been using this.

The biggest thing is teleporters have very niche uses in game.

Mass growing carrots/corn - Neither of these are generally needed in a big enough demand for teleporters to be mandatory. Teleporters do cut down on seeding though so that's a plus.

Filling an area/deleting items - Being able to flood an area with something such as milkweed seeds is generally seen as griefing and I don't think there is a lot of items that you actually need to force delete besides random pieces of clutter. (You are making a mess to remove a mess at the same time.)

Getting into locked/blocked rooms - This is generally the more useful thing I've used teleporters for in the past. Being able to open a blocked door from behind or retrieving a locked doors key from within is always great.

Dropping wounds/bloody weapons - I've only ever once used a teleporter to kill my attacker (dropping a wound allows you to act normal at the cost of always dying) but this is a good use for people who understand. Generally speaking though this is just used for griefing as someone with multiple weapons can clear through a town.

It has been a community effort to get to this point. I'm just the monkey who found a bug and without everyone throwing ideas we would probably still be launching children across the screen.

fug it’s Tarr.

#67 2018-09-21 10:00:42

pein

also i had an issue with shears on tree, i got a sapling but im not sure what to do with it
maybe the problem was it was a cracked shear so i couldnt drop it, only with a teleporter, and now it cant be picked up

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#68 2018-09-21 17:44:34

Tarr
Banned

So apparently everyone can ride a loose riding horse including children. However it seems like children sometimes(?) freeze when on top of the horse and stop being able to do anything what so ever. Not real sure if this can be made useful if kids randomly stop but it does make for another pretty funny bug.

6BP4bvD.jpg
7Xzm39O.jpg

Apparently you can pick toddlers up off the riding horse to dislodge them but they lose their legs until set back down on the ground. Even if we can't use this for anything legless children were worth the time and effort.

fug it’s Tarr.

#69 2018-09-25 23:03:41

Tarr
Banned

So since Jason is patching how the original design works teleporters only work when you are truly enclosed. This makes some of the exploits more difficult but I believe I've found the fix to this.

We just make our farms into neat little squares.

DpTQ2Nv.jpg

My original idea was a lot more effort than I needed. We make the squares and just move a door around. Obviously this is a silly idea when we move to cell two where we have a fence. In an ideal situation all six cells will have a fence you open and close to enable teleporters to work just as before.

Teleporters will still be able to delete items, launch children, quick harvest carrots/corn, and potentially throw weapons (if someone closes the gate behind you.)

No longer can teleporters throw off wounds or solo toss off weapons (as of next patch.)

So - Use eight adobe/whatever to make a box > Create entrance/exit fence > Plant within square > Go in and close when ready for harvest > Toss carrots/corn.

Good news is the farm looks a lot neater than a bunch of holes in the ground.

fug it’s Tarr.

#70 2018-09-26 00:02:20

pein

graves are the cheapest doors, just dont bury grandma in there cause someone fixes it down for good big_smile

whats that on top right corner?

#71 2018-09-26 00:16:01

Tarr
Banned

Yeah graves are pretty cheap too. I ended up using fence kits and just moving the long shaft between cells when I wanted to open and close. That top random soil was there when I was building the thing. My seed row ended up just being a little west of the entrance when I did my second set of tests.

SOl9g8J.jpg

This basic set up costs 30x adobe (took about fourteen minutes as a child with backpack and basket with a decent walking distance from camp.) and 8-12 long shafts. You can bring the total cost down to 8 if you end up taking the centers out of the first four fences and using them to create the last two.

Generally looks nicer and wasn't that much hassle to properly set up. Biggest issue is going to be teaching people how to use them like always.

fug it’s Tarr.

#72 2018-09-26 00:36:48

pein

is that an addon on top right corner?

also that girl is very black big_smile my mexican color is much lighter, mb just cause of your screenshot quality, but looks nice

#73 2018-09-26 00:41:13

Tarr
Banned

Oh yeah sorry, that's the awbz mod that allows variable zooms and has age, autonaming, and living fertile relatives.

https://github.com/Awbz/OneLife/release … Life+_v140

There's the link if you want the modded client.

fug it’s Tarr.

#74 2018-09-27 22:42:07

pein

the most dumb teleporter: if u build the pen in certain way you can shear sheep and throw the shears our of pen tongue

less dumb and we might need it: kid fleece service
if people close the front of entrance/entrances, you throw a kid inside to take the fleece out, we gonna get some of this with permanent walls

#75 2018-10-09 02:49:24

Tarr
Banned

Ended up trying to do a bit more compact model than the last one posted. Ended up being fine to run through and harvest but tilling the dirt was a little more annoying. Might be better to just have fewer movement options inside rather than having paths through each cell.

Adobe cost dropped from 30 > 19
However this model costed 20 straight branches but by the time you invest in something like this that is probably acceptable.

sIzqQt9.jpg

fug it’s Tarr.

Board footer