One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-11 22:56:30

Nika50501

Tiles

I think tiles should be able to hold at least 4 small item types. I mean if you build a box inside a tile you are able to place 4 backpacks with 4 small items inside of each bag for a total of 16 items per tile , it is only logical that in the same amount of space , without a box you should at least be able to fit in 4 items(if not more).
An arguably better alternative (but more difficult to implement) would be to decrease tile size (by a factor of two) and make different items take up different amount of space.(Should a maple tree and a berry from a bush really take up the same amount of space?),
I also believe that it would be more aesthetically pleasing if small items increased in size by like 20-40% , and/or thin black items such as ropes had a thin white outline  in order to make them more visible when they are inside of baskets and such.

Any thoughts?

#2 2018-07-12 00:05:48

Uncle Gus

Re: Tiles

The game engine is built such that one tile = one ID. Just because an object is drawn small on the screen does not mean it is small in the server's concept of it. It's still one object with one ID. A Bear cave is the same as a goosberry seed and takes up one space. You could make tiles hold more stuff by making the tiles smaller, but then you would have to rewrite the engine to handle big things like the forge taking up four tiles instead of one.

So the long and the short of it is it can't be done without rebuilding the game engine.

#3 2018-07-12 00:10:49

TheRedBug

With this idea, stew pots and stew bowls should be 100 tiles wide at least

Cus that's how much it represent in my heart

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#4 2018-07-12 00:11:58

DJDisorder

Was just typing out a similar response but it was far less technical and I knew I'd sound stupid describing it so deleted my txt. (then Gus wrote what I thought but couldn't describe, ha)

It's been covered in a previous thread I believe.

#5 2018-07-12 00:26:11

Nika50501

You could somewhat easily add the feature im talkig about by simply filling each tile with <empty> object that is a chest bottom item but doesnt have a render image.
But i do get your point , it would require a great deal of work eaither way. Anyways , do you think if it was possible it would benefit the game or visuals?

#6 2018-07-12 04:28:30

pein

having more items in a tile would mean more tiles in a tile
try zoom out mod
basket making is not hard, sometimes there is a lot of reed left and you can grab a flint chip, go out, make one, fill with clay and bring back
just ofc everyone is too important to do that

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer