One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-04 22:39:31

pennedgalaxy

What are the things that will make you suicide the fastest?

I generally try to avoid suiciding since it can be pretty rude, especially if a village desperately needs girls but there are a few things that will cause me to suicide unless something mind changing happens, for example; nameless Eves, usually I stick around for a minute or two but if she doesn't name herself after that or name me when I ask I know the player defo isn't experienced nor have they done the tutorial, which doesn't fill me with hope about the success chances to begin with.

Big towns with a focus only on berries can also make me kill myself too since it's always a slog to do anything in a town like that, but that's a case by case basis, what about you guys?

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#2 2018-07-04 22:46:45

TheRedBug

Re: What are the things that will make you suicide the fastest?

Whenever i see a town with a trinity sign on a rock wall

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-07-04 22:48:54

pennedgalaxy

TheRedBug wrote:

Whenever i see a town with a trinity sign on a rock wall

Honestly that town is starting to become a suicide zone for me too, I've tried to live a couple of lives there and save it, but the resources just aren't there or the times I've played people don't co-ordinate with each other and cut the last wheat or don't let the carrots seed, Trinity is a constant compost problem.

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#4 2018-07-04 22:51:08

DJDisorder

Same, not suicide last two or three times got born there I've got stuff n made a beeline for the exit, gone as far as I can before setting up something new.

#5 2018-07-04 22:52:10

zennyrpg

I rarely suicide.  But once I saw an eve (my mom) try to pick a cactus fruit with a sharp stone and I just noped right out of there.

I do lose a lot of motivation when a see a new camp not on the desert.  Its just a lot more food to go through.  I know there's a chance we will make it, its not impossible.  It just bums me out.

Giant berry farms aren't so bad, at least you can go to the far side (there is always a far side) and pick compost berries there.

Once I almost suicided because the town was so big and I didn't know what to do.  But it turned out great because I discovered building.

#6 2018-07-04 22:57:59

pennedgalaxy

zennyrpg wrote:

I rarely suicide.  But once I saw an eve (my mom) try to pick a cactus fruit with a sharp stone and I just noped right out of there.

I do lose a lot of motivation when a see a new camp not on the desert.  Its just a lot more food to go through.  I know there's a chance we will make it, its not impossible.  It just bums me out.

Giant berry farms aren't so bad, at least you can go to the far side (there is always a far side) and pick compost berries there.

Once I almost suicided because the town was so big and I didn't know what to do.  But it turned out great because I discovered building.

The problem I find with the berry bushes is that all the compost goes on there and there's very rarely anyone maintaining the wheat or carrots for the compost, I've had at least about fifteen or sixteen runs in last week or two where folks don't balance stuff and create their own faminine. Unfortunately this has put a lot of negative associations with giant berry farms in my brain XD.

#7 2018-07-05 00:51:47

Tarr
Banned

I generally suicide if the camp looks terrible - ex: In a green biome with no water remotely close, multiple generations standing and farming with no tools, people growing carrots before sheep. If you are not growing mass amounts of berry bushes in the early game you're doing it wrong. Hoe usage is so varied that growing carrots in an eve camp is essentially griefing.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2018-07-05 01:46:37

pein

Start making a road that stops berry expansion or they till 3 soil  before fixing. Stew on second generation was a bad experience. No girls around no tools and no water in biome suicide. After bigger camps I don't like Eve runs. Or consecutive Eve runs. Being female baby with only sisters around 6+ females too much. South of trinity was Ivy, was nice outpost.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2018-07-05 01:58:58

forestglade

I’ve made maybe two settlements off trinity. I fucked off that city as soon as I’m ready.

I suicide if the people are too toxic. I get enough trolls on social media.

#10 2018-07-05 02:46:59

annjust

I name myself last, for I don't want my offsprings have my last name, that's too emphasize me the eve, I don't tihink I am more important than anyother villiage builder.

#11 2018-07-05 04:44:18

Lotus

I’ve only ever suicided once, it was when after being stuck in the Eve loop for hours I’d been born to an Eve trying to survive in the tundra and noped out.

#12 2018-07-05 05:34:38

Turnipseed

No name as a female... if im male it doesn't bother me, or if the family already lost its last name im cool too..

I also suicide when i see someone generally being a dick in chat

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#13 2018-07-05 08:20:21

Lum

annjust wrote:

I name myself last, for I don't want my offsprings have my last name, that's too emphasize me the eve, I don't tihink I am more important than anyother villiage builder.

I feel like you're basically a griefer. An Eve should always name herself, do you not realize what it actually means to be an Eve? You are the only one with the privilege of giving 20 generations, hundreds of people, a last name, and you selfishly choose to take that away from them claiming it makes you too important? At least think about it.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#14 2018-07-05 08:22:24

Neo

Majority of the time when born to Eve, especially if they aren't set up or already have another baby.

#15 2018-07-05 09:02:43

Aurora Aurora

Nameless eves and yellow berry farms

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#16 2018-07-05 09:59:49

annjust

@Lum If I hold my own different views, you take me as a greifer, that's typically your prejudice.

#17 2018-07-05 10:04:27

TrustyWay

I suicide everytime in shitty settlement. If I don't suicide  in it, I kill one or two lazy people, berry sponges too.

Lum wrote:
annjust wrote:

I feel like you're basically a griefer. An Eve should always name herself, do you not realize what it actually means to be an Eve? You are the only one with the privilege of giving 20 generations, hundreds of people, a last name, and you selfishly choose to take that away from them claiming it makes you too important? At least think about it.

It is not grief, it is a choice. The problem with family names is that you will get focus by griefers. It is even more safer to not have family name. The ''griefer'' is the one giving a family name that lock this family destiny to a masacre.

Everytime somebody talks about her family on forum or discord. They get killed if they didn't die already.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-07-05 10:12:50)

#18 2018-07-05 13:28:57

sc0rp

Being born next to the bloody corpse with people screaming "Who is the killer".

Last edited by sc0rp (2018-07-05 13:30:59)

#19 2018-07-05 14:26:23

tana

i only suicide for IRL reasons and need to AFK (or i play with my friends on an empty server and i'm born as a boy, since we do girls only community)

If i don't like what i'm born into, i'll find a better location and gradually make everyone move there if it's an early settlement, or in case of town trinity and the likes, if i'm a girl I usually will build an outpost.

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#20 2018-07-05 14:27:31

pennedgalaxy

TrustyWay wrote:

I suicide everytime in shitty settlement. If I don't suicide  in it, I kill one or two lazy people, berry sponges too.

Lum wrote:
annjust wrote:

It is not grief, it is a choice. The problem with family names is that you will get focus by griefers. It is even more safer to not have family name. The ''griefer'' is the one giving a family name that lock this family destiny to a masacre.

Everytime somebody talks about her family on forum or discord. They get killed if they didn't die already.

I think it's a stretch to call not giving a lineage a last name, but also griefers are going to focus on whoever they want, having a last name might have an affect but it's a small one if that so that's not griefing either, it's playing the game- the only people doing the griefing are the actual griefers.

But in my opinion having a last name is important, it means I can look up the people I've played with- that good old uncle Bob Panda who gave me that backpack and told me a story that one time? I can look him up and see what his last words were even days afterwards and see if I know any of his more immediate family.

Not having a last name kind of takes away that feeling of being related to people in game, and sure you can look up people even if they don't have a last name, but the chance of finding that person is very low without a last name especially if that death isn't new.

Board footer