One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-03 16:51:21

IAmBlue

STOP TAKING OTHER PEOPLES ITEMS. SO ANNOYING

Guys please ask for learn how to make your own items. Its so annoying when someone takes your items when you are trying to do something.

#2 2018-07-03 16:51:56

TheRedBug

Re: STOP TAKING OTHER PEOPLES ITEMS. SO ANNOYING

Hi new person on the forum. Sorry someone stole your stuff c:

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#3 2018-07-03 16:55:03

West

Welcome to the game tongue

Mostly playing as Eve West - hope to meet you one day!
Longest lineages: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=113651 "Killed by Marked Grave with Chisel"
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=849569

#4 2018-07-03 17:19:19

Jk Howling

Tbf, most decent people [myself included] ask first before borrowing or taking any important item that seems to be in use. But if I see a tool or cart that I need for something laying around with nobody clearly working with it, then yeah I'm gonna grab it lmao.

Welcome to the game tho.

-Has ascended to better games-

#5 2018-07-03 17:23:13

Luniatji

The most hilarious thing is that people then say you grief them.

Yesterday I was making a drop spindle in a town with lots of fleece lying outside the sheep pen. So I ran around with a wheel, trying to find the bow drill. After ten minutes I finally found them and then went for the flint to make the hole in the wheel.  When I’m struggling with it, a woman runs towards me and makes the flint tipped bow drill and makes a hole in the wheel. So I think “Oh hey what a nice person!”.. until she takes the wheel up and runs away with it! So I run after her, crying ‘hey!’ but she ignored me and makes a drop spindle. Then runs back and starts using the bow spindle on the fleece to make her own clothes! So I was like ‘wtf, my fleece’ and make a wool hat out of it.

To my delight, the woman screams that its her, but run then away. I had a bad feeling about that, wouldn’t be the first time that someone tried to kill someone on this, so I made myself a sweater and seek the woman. When I find her, I surely find her in the company of someone with a bow who’s first question is “Was it this woman?” so I explained what happened. Turns out she tries to blame me for “stealing her drop spindle and making clothes but she make it!” well no woman, you weren’t. I was the one who was trying to make it since I was three!

In the same time we both kept popping out children who were in the middle of a potential murder. Poor kids..

#6 2018-07-03 18:07:10

Lotus

When you’ve gathered all the materials for a backpack and a three year old kid who just got hair makes the bag for themselves while you’re not looking...

#7 2018-07-03 18:24:11

forestglade

Lotus wrote:

When you’ve gathered all the materials for a backpack and a three year old kid who just got hair makes the bag for themselves while you’re not looking...

always hide the needle and thread till the very end.

#8 2018-07-03 18:58:07

Lum

I feel like it's selfish to make clothes for yourself in the first place. How do you know she didn't have the same idea as you?
Just hide "your" stuff if you really want to keep it. But this game clearly isn't about every person having a property. After all, we all die sooner or later, so focusing on getting personal property is a bit ridiculous.

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#9 2018-07-03 19:24:18

forestglade

? Some things take a whole lifetime to finish up the tech tree and it's very satisfying to finish it. If she fed and grew the sheep and sheared the sheep, she gets to decide what to do with the fleece.

#10 2018-07-03 22:57:26

YAHG

forestglade wrote:

? Some things take a whole lifetime to finish up the tech tree and it's very satisfying to finish it. If she fed and grew the sheep and sheared the sheep, she gets to decide what to do with the fleece.

Maybe irl, not in game

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#11 2018-07-03 23:48:48

pein

YAHG wrote:
forestglade wrote:

Maybe irl, not in game

take the shears, fuck em

i always do, and after i shear six and got my apron i give back

also hide furs behind a tree, get your thread and needle and flint before it, dont take back to camp before
same goes for carrots, you can plant them behind tree to seed them

population has needs, everything is on floor is for everyone
if you got a few people you can tell them but ive been fucked over a few times and dont risk it

i even seen a nab who came to the forum complaining i wanted to kill him . he stole my whole set of wool clothes from the sheep i got to the city (7 fleece pre berry update), the sheep i fed
i even offered him seal skin and wolf hat and he rejected and other bitch stole it for his kid
ended up killing a girl with my shoes, starving this bitches kid and chasing this nab for 2 lifes, no regrets

we got property, we should have property
if people take your milkweed you planted and use for making clothes they essentially rob you 10 minutes of your life, and no bucket for the mine/well
sheep is like 20, what about killing sheep, cleaning pen and feeding next lambs? making pies, cleaning up
making the spindle doesnt make you worthy of clothes

i usually dont take stuff, except packs, i need it and i use it better, yea, im always scouting far away

so dont give it to babies, and if you just put down in city, someone gonna take it, and that someone at least knows he needs it for a reason

one fleece and 4 wheat sheaf makes 4 hats, thats super easy, if you got extra is no problem
but i hate to see babies in full gear while i dont have a pack
usually 5 people die in that gear and i still dont have much on me, i always give clothing to workers

i been over it many times and still people talk dirty or bitching over stuff, like a baby blocking me on smithing, then wasting my firewood, then tells me to get firewood, cause he is some kind of royalty with his naked ass, well i got him firewood for every tile and box and under him, then i killed him, ofc when i chase him, he went out to see what is 20 tiles away

respect elders who made their own stuff, dont beg, dont bitch over it, like "i kill you if you dont give backpack"
just because you found stuff, its not yours
only if you made it
even if i give you a hat for work, its not yours to give to random baby, use it or give back

knifes are tools, not family treasure, give to shepperd or compost maker/pie maker/doctor

self proclaimed docs at age 15 asking for my apron i made all my life

would be so easy to have excess clothes if players would work for it, berry regens very fast now, compost, berry bowls, shear, repeat, any kid can do it instead of focusing on stupid stuff

might be exceptions but i reach old age surviving famines so carts and packs should go to older guys first
i made 3-4 carts and people take it from me and are angry when i take back
same goes for boards when i made all tools, i cant hold a cart for ages so would be nice not to take it without asking

one basket one bowl one sharp stone one plate per person is needed
making one apron and a straw hat not that hard
i can provide for 3-4 people but not more
so when i see babies pointing on clothes i starve them
dont be a selfish lazy bitch for short

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#12 2018-07-04 16:08:58

Lum

Oh, pein, why are you such a terrible person...

ign: summerstorm, they/them

#13 2018-07-04 16:44:09

TrustyWay

pein wrote:
YAHG wrote:
forestglade wrote:

Maybe irl, not in game

take the shears, fuck em

i always do, and after i shear six and got my apron i give back then I retake then I give back.

also hide furs behind a tree, get your thread and needle and flint before it, dont take back to camp before
same goes for carrots, you can plant them behind tree to seed them

population has needs, everything is on floor is for everyone and for remi gaillard.
if you got a few people you can tell them but ive been fucked over a few times and dont risk it

i even seen a nab who came to the forum complaining i wanted to kill him . he stole my whole set of wool clothes from the sheep i got to the city (7 fleece pre berry update), the sheep i fed
i even offered him seal skin and wolf hat and he rejected and other bitch stole it for his kid
ended up killing a girl with my shoes, starving this bitches kid and chasing this nab for 2 lifes, no regrets

we got property, we should have property
if people take your milkweed you planted and use for making clothes they essentially rob you 10 minutes of your life, and no bucket for the mine/well
sheep is like 20, what about killing sheep, cleaning pen and feeding next lambs? making pies, cleaning up
making the spindle doesnt make you worthy of clothes

i usually dont take stuff, except packs, i need it and i use it better, yea, im always scouting far away

so dont give it to babies, and if you just put down in city, someone gonna take it, and that someone at least knows he needs it for a reason

one fleece and 4 wheat sheaf makes 4 hats, thats super easy, if you got extra is no problem
but i hate to see babies in full gear while i dont have a pack and youe love my sweet
usually 5 people die in that gear and i still dont have much on me, i always give clothing to workers

i been over it many times and still people talk dirty or bitching over stuff, like a baby blocking me on smithing, then wasting my firewood, then tells me to get firewood, cause he is some kind of royalty with his naked ass, well i got him firewood for every tile and box and under him, then i killed him, ofc when i chase him, he went out to see what is 20 tiles away

respect elders who made their own stuff, dont beg, dont bitch over it, like "i kill you if you dont give backpack and you money and you daughter and the rest''
just because you found stuff, its not yours
only if you made it
even if i give you a hat for work, its not yours to give to random baby, use it or give back

knifes are tools, not family treasure, give to shepperd or compost maker/pie maker/doctor

self proclaimed docs at age 15 asking for my apron i made all my life

would be so easy to have excess clothes if players would work for it, berry regens very fast now, compost, berry bowls, shear, repeat, any kid can do it instead of focusing on stupid stuff

might be exceptions but i reach old age surviving famines so carts and packs should go to older guys first. I love grappes, you should try.
i made 3-4 carts and people take it from me and are angry when i take back and I love potatoes
same goes for boards when i made all tools, i cant hold a cart for ages so would be nice not to take it without asking

one basket one bowl one sharp stone one plate per person is needed and yesterday I ate an apple.
making one apron and a straw hat not that hard
i can provide for 3-4 people but not more
so when i see babies pointing on clothes i starve them
dont be a selfish lazy bitch for short

I know what you hate, I was a working bee, now I am the scumbag you talk of. Sorry mate but most people will take the easy way, making clothes just bored me to death. It is sad but such is life.

You're in a game and people will always have less empathy than usual.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-07-04 16:50:39)

#14 2018-07-04 23:38:23

IAmBlue

OMG This is so true. I will make a crown, next thing you know someone is trying to kill me lol

Luniatji wrote:

Yesterday I was making a drop spindle in a town with lots of fleece lying outside the sheep pen. So I ran around with a wheel, trying to find the bow drill. After ten minutes I finally found them and then went for the flint to make the hole in the wheel.  When I’m struggling with it, a woman runs towards me and makes the flint tipped bow drill and makes a hole in the wheel. So I think “Oh hey what a nice person!”.. until she takes the wheel up and runs away with it! So I run after her, crying ‘hey!’ but she ignored me and makes a drop spindle. Then runs back and starts using the bow spindle on the fleece to make her own clothes! So I was like ‘wtf, my fleece’ and make a wool hat out of it.

To my delight, the woman screams that its her, but run then away. I had a bad feeling about that, wouldn’t be the first time that someone tried to kill someone on this, so I made myself a sweater and seek the woman. When I find her, I surely find her in the company of someone with a bow who’s first question is “Was it this woman?” so I explained what happened. Turns out she tries to blame me for “stealing her drop spindle and making clothes but she make it!” well no woman, you weren’t. I was the one who was trying to make it since I was three!

In the same time we both kept popping out children who were in the middle of a potential murder. Poor kids..

#15 2018-07-05 10:01:00

TrustyWay

IAmBlue wrote:

OMG This is so true. I will make a crown, next thing you know someone is trying to kill me lol

Luniatji wrote:

I like crowns, they are like a pvp indicator, I know I will have to stab at least 3 people to survive usualy xD

#16 2018-07-05 10:16:50

IAmBlue

your a savage

#17 2018-07-05 15:04:05

Luniatji

I don't mind people with crowns, if they didn't walk around like "I made this crown and I get five babies so Im the queen! Get me a bag! Get me food! Get me everything I want because IM THE QUEEN!".

Otherwise.. Yes, I would stab them lol. If you won't participate in the community it can without you I'll say.

#18 2018-07-05 15:29:41

IAmBlue

Luniatji wrote:

I don't mind people with crowns, if they didn't walk around like "I made this crown and I get five babies so Im the queen! Get me a bag! Get me food! Get me everything I want because IM THE QUEEN!".

Otherwise.. Yes, I would stab them lol. If you won't participate in the community it can without you I'll say.

Yes that sounds exactly like me! Do you know how much and how long it takes to make a crown? The rich is dying is so high! Then trying to bring up multiple babies is hard too.. As well as being a farmer or builder. A mother is the most important job role! And if you can make a crown and become a queen/king then you deserve not to do anything!

Lastly, it should not bother you what other people do. Do what you want.

#19 2018-07-05 15:41:03

Luniatji

And well, that is just something I wouldn't agree with. When I'm a queen/king I work hard to show people that even their queen/king is a hard working person.. for someone who just stands there doing nothing I don't have respect.

Yes, it could be hard to make a crown, I never made one and never had the intention for it. But that don't say that you can just stop doing things because you're 'better' than someone else!

And yes, it shouldn't bother me, but in societies everyone has its job and when people just think "You know what, I'm done with doing things!" the society collaps. Well, have fun with your crown without tools or food I would say lol

#20 2018-07-05 16:19:02

TrustyWay

I always say that I am the big great king when I have a crown. If I don't, people do it themselves usualy. I only had a crown once saying I was a priest and not a queen but people keep calling me queen this life, k then...

When you are a shiny and proud king, people gets frustrated a lot. I never died as a king (expect once }:-( ), I must have killed hundred or even more players who were angry, jalous (or anything that makes them mean) after me. It is so easy, I should proclaim myself the best fighter I have ever seen :P . I have been beaten only once in duel I engaged very smoothly, he fighted me very well in a long duel. You should be careful when a king is too present in his role. It might be a trap to kill people freely if it is me ;) I love when people have the angry talk while dying.

Having a crown is more about administration, giving people tasks so everything goes better, giving people compliment. Being at the nusery and give babies their futur jobs they will stick to. Sometimes I make some people my guard or my priest.

#21 2018-07-06 12:59:23

IAmBlue

Luniatji wrote:

And well, that is just something I wouldn't agree with. When I'm a queen/king I work hard to show people that even their queen/king is a hard working person.. for someone who just stands there doing nothing I don't have respect.

Yes, it could be hard to make a crown, I never made one and never had the intention for it. But that don't say that you can just stop doing things because you're 'better' than someone else!

And yes, it shouldn't bother me, but in societies everyone has its job and when people just think "You know what, I'm done with doing things!" the society collaps. Well, have fun with your crown without tools or food I would say lol

lol you completely missed the point. its a 90% chance you can die trying to make a crown. Then I always pass it on asking that person to make me proud. most of the time when I finish making the crown I am very old so not much for me to do. Its not like I do nothing. I go round and organise. Ask people what they are doing and telling people what we need. Every place needs a leader. I have died many times tying to make a crown and yes that is a waste of like. But when I do make it. I deserve not to do anything/I dont have time to do anything.

#22 2018-07-06 13:01:45

IAmBlue

TrustyWay wrote:

Having a crown is more about administration, giving people tasks so everything goes better, giving people compliment. Being at the nusery and give babies their futur jobs they will stick to. Sometimes I make some people my guard or my priest.

I agree with this. I would say I am the best fighter tho, I have been killed once. But I have killed many many people who are just out to kill people for no reason.

#23 2018-07-06 15:31:40

pein

the kings try to do stuff, im in apron, got knife, pack, full wool clothes and make a half city so i dont give a fuck on a crown, its not hard to make it and means nothing, i can stab him whenever just call me peasant once, if you made it, and town has no bell then even worse

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#24 2018-07-10 08:50:44

FeverDog

I know what you hate, I was a working bee, now I am the scumbag you talk of. Sorry mate but most people will take the easy way, making clothes just bored me to death. It is sad but such is life.

You're in a game and people will always have less empathy than usual.

I understand cynicism but actions have consequences including influencing group behavior.  So do the right thing and hopefully others will notice and follow.

#25 2018-07-10 22:19:21

Intangir

that shit is so frustrating..

once i spent quite a while finding rabbits for fur/meat. i desperately needed a backpack

i brought 5 furs back to base and stepped away to find a thread for half a second

some stupid kid walked up and cut every one of the hides into tiny pieces......

then he just walked off, didn't use any of them

Board footer