One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-27 09:37:31

pein

Stew is griefing

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=404704

I born into a desert town with an uncle, granny, and two adolescents.

We had a farm going with stone hoe, beans squash and corn, carrot, then mom run up and i see a kiln and an oven.

Tool making havent started yet so i went out gathering iron
i got 3 NE, and seen a few more i was still 5 year old, 4 biome away
we had no bellows so i went and made a snare, snared a few rabbits, brought back one
asked uncle to cook it, he said "oh" then didnt do anything until i snared 5 more rabbits, and bit later he died on a snake

Population was 4-5 as kids died all the time, finally a braided sister reached older age so i had my first niece who died?
i got two threads, made a pack and a pouch, cooked rabbit, got firewood
told them i start tool making, i was still 17

granny brought up a stew pot and cooked it, i was like okay i got food here
then i realized there is no noozle, went out got 1 clay 2 iron and some stone for wells
came back made fire and then realized no hatchet, we had a rope so made one, later i seen near squash

asked if we got 5 bowls, but granny just made stew
we had like 5-6 bowls, all filled with water, beans, soaked beans
ok i went out, i got 5 clay, made bowls and noozle

we had enough plates, even too much
a bigger niece was older wandering around kiln eating most  food
other snared a bit then started stew making, simply tossed my coal out and ran away with basket, and firebrand run out of fire, that was 5 min minus, i already had 6 coal,  no sense

only that they used my firewood and everything near camp

went out again got 5 more, we made crucibles, only that my iron was placed away from kiln so we made 4/5 with big niece
ofc soaked beans was near forge

i still had 3 there and told big niece to get a short shaft, by that time small nice, the retard used up all firewood somehow

by this time we had like 4 babies and small niece thought that is a good idea putting them under the forge when we fired it up

after getting 15 branches and telling them multiple times, i was yelling at small nice Leala? to get her own firewood for stew, people asking stupid question like where is axe, well, you blocking me making one

i went put again and tried bring 7 only i was 53 with a small bar, no food at me so i died, and dumb niece finally went out to get branches, too bad she gonna find my pack

thats how my last words came
Stew is griefing, stew is a sin. 4th gen no bellows, no tools but we had seeds and clutter all over

thanks Mela for help

pls dont make stew in starting settlement before tools, and even if you do, get your own stuff for it
but doesnt make sense to me that before axe and steel hoe, how can be sustainable

once i was even killed for eating stew as baby, so i start to hate stew

Last edited by pein (2018-06-27 09:40:05)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2018-06-27 13:40:50

pennedgalaxy

Re: Stew is griefing

Oh man, that sounds really frustrating honestly! Tools don't take long once you got the stuff for it, if they'd just let you get on with what you were doing there would've been plenty of tools and then they could've done stew. Sorry you had a bad run like that.

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#3 2018-06-27 13:48:00

Trick

pein wrote:

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=404704

I born into a desert town with an uncle, granny, and two adolescents.

We had a farm going with stone hoe, beans squash and corn, carrot, then mom run up and i see a kiln and an oven.

Tool making havent started yet so i went out gathering iron
i got 3 NE, and seen a few more i was still 5 year old, 4 biome away
we had no bellows so i went and made a snare, snared a few rabbits, brought back one
asked uncle to cook it, he said "oh" then didnt do anything until i snared 5 more rabbits, and bit later he died on a snake

Population was 4-5 as kids died all the time, finally a braided sister reached older age so i had my first niece who died?
i got two threads, made a pack and a pouch, cooked rabbit, got firewood
told them i start tool making, i was still 17

granny brought up a stew pot and cooked it, i was like okay i got food here
then i realized there is no noozle, went out got 1 clay 2 iron and some stone for wells
came back made fire and then realized no hatchet, we had a rope so made one, later i seen near squash

asked if we got 5 bowls, but granny just made stew
we had like 5-6 bowls, all filled with water, beans, soaked beans
ok i went out, i got 5 clay, made bowls and noozle

we had enough plates, even too much
a bigger niece was older wandering around kiln eating most  food
other snared a bit then started stew making, simply tossed my coal out and ran away with basket, and firebrand run out of fire, that was 5 min minus, i already had 6 coal,  no sense

only that they used my firewood and everything near camp

went out again got 5 more, we made crucibles, only that my iron was placed away from kiln so we made 4/5 with big niece
ofc soaked beans was near forge

i still had 3 there and told big niece to get a short shaft, by that time small nice, the retard used up all firewood somehow

by this time we had like 4 babies and small niece thought that is a good idea putting them under the forge when we fired it up

after getting 15 branches and telling them multiple times, i was yelling at small nice Leala? to get her own firewood for stew, people asking stupid question like where is axe, well, you blocking me making one

i went put again and tried bring 7 only i was 53 with a small bar, no food at me so i died, and dumb niece finally went out to get branches, too bad she gonna find my pack

thats how my last words came
Stew is griefing, stew is a sin. 4th gen no bellows, no tools but we had seeds and clutter all over

thanks Mela for help

pls dont make stew in starting settlement before tools, and even if you do, get your own stuff for it
but doesnt make sense to me that before axe and steel hoe, how can be sustainable

once i was even killed for eating stew as baby, so i start to hate stew

Every time I see you post about how bad other players are, you *never* mention that you offered direction or help.

This game really needs players to step up and teach newer players.  I almost always ask my children if they are new, and if they are, I try to help fill in their gaps.  If I am making other players useful, then I don't have to do as much work, and the game is a lot more fun.

Ironically, I have probably put in MANY hours into this game, and I *still* don't know how to smith.  It seems like people who smith aren't ever interested in teaching, and it's very hard to follow along simply by watching.  Yet, if I knew how, I would probably be the smithing boss (I tend to learn something and become an expert at it).

And spare me the 'there are websites that tell you how to do it, blah blah blah'.  That's not how games should work.  I am a busy person.  I am not going to study up on how to play a game for fun.  I am sure I will learn eventually.

Anyway, instead of complaining, why don't you delegate or teach.  Tell people what needs to be done.  Explain how to do it.  Take initiative to lead, instead of busting your ass and then being bitter about it.

#4 2018-06-27 13:59:11

TheRedBug

Stew is griefing??? MADNESS

On a serious note, i understand XD people should make tools before making this godly food

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#5 2018-06-27 15:59:56

Neo

Pein bitching about everyone else, Whats new lol.

But seriously I have to agree with you on this one, Stew is griefing at least for early camps. Not so bad in towns as long as ppl don't take bowls and plates from forge.

But the true culprit is pork, So many people use make it and waste bowls. No one even makes tacos just useless pork. Why no bacon jason?

Last edited by Neo (2018-06-27 16:02:10)

#6 2018-06-27 16:11:10

pein

i dont really take the role of smith if its something not esential
i let them do it however slow it is

i was a great hunter and never starved outside camp, and made like 8-9 packs in a lifetime, but i still couldnt smith and my eve runs were a failure

i think now we are at a point where lot of people know how to make tools
it wasnt a thing i could learn ingame or by watching videos, was hard to comprehend even on onetech

instead of suiciding like all others do, i made tools when no girl was alive

yet another who want to be teached but not willing to learn

i did try and was huge failures and not even sure they learned anything. i stay with eves and help them, i always make a few things even if i dont wanna stay there
saved a lot of "noobcamp" eves, and helped raise one daughter, then their childs, sometimes even their grandchilds, but most often than not, if you invite them over before making bowls its all ruined anyway

generally just because its on the screne, if you dont know the purpose, ask it or dont touch it
moving items is annoying for others, especially when many players are there and doesnt refresh instantly for me (still got lag until my new laptop arrives)

smithing is also the single most skill based thing, cause fire lasts 30 sec, so alone doing 4 crucibles and an ingot, is pretty nice
but 3 irons at a time should be the goal st least
practically 9 generations is 40? different people, teaching one ignoring the rest isnt an option when you are on timer

once green biome runs out of wild food, you need to have a farm, bowl
once branches run out you need to have an axe
and once water runs out you need to have stones and shovel prepared
i dont consider something a "city" until tools and pen. once you got the means of composting and making rooms, roads, is a city
also it gives jobs to people and easier food making so you can spend time talking

when i do people like NeoNbulb say that nobody asked me to fix things, and he rush 20 minutes with a bowl of berry just to see there is no carrot, instead of asking the meanest old guy out there tongue

i might write some more guides with nice visual representations later

Last edited by pein (2018-06-28 06:01:16)

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-06-27 16:48:16

Neo

pein wrote:

when i do people like NeoNbulb say that nobody asked me to fix things, and he rush 20 minutes with a bowl of berry just to see there is no carrot, instead of asking the meanest old guy out there tongue

i might write some more guides with nice visual representations later

Ah more insults even when I'm trying to be nice. Actually it didn't take me 20 mins and we did carrots before someone ate them.

I've seen you a few times in game, Its tempting to kill you everytime I catch you in the same town as me. But even if your arrogant your still not worth killing.

#8 2018-06-27 17:24:45

TheRedBug

Dont hate eachothers
TheRedBug makes stew for all
Be like TheRedBug
Love eachothers

STEW! STEWWWWW!!!

#9 2018-06-27 17:50:13

forestglade

Neo wrote:

I've seen you a few times in game, Its tempting to kill you everytime I catch you in the same town as me. But even if your arrogant your still not worth killing.

How do you know its him?

#10 2018-06-27 19:25:30

YAHG

When I played with pein you almost never ever saw him, shit just keeps showing
up at camp all the time. Tons and Tons of loot smile

I could've seen him more I guess but he must've been busy.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#11 2018-06-28 12:23:02

Rebel

o_O this post confuses me, I mean it is pein so what is expected..
Anyway, you can make stew without steel so what is the problem?

#12 2018-06-28 13:07:50

pein

Rebel wrote:

o_O this post confuses me, I mean it is pein so what is expected..
Anyway, you can make stew without steel so what is the problem?

step 1 make it for 9 gen, only doing stew
step 2 run out of milkweed and branches
step 3 die
4 arsenal

Board footer