One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-25 22:20:50

pennedgalaxy

Pandas and the bear

Recent bear attack in the Panda town, there was two arrows around but no bow. Someone crafted a bow, but that's not enough arrows to take down a bear, in my last moments I died trying to craft another arrow and instructed my daughter to make one. Honestly I'm just so confused as to why there was two arrows but no bow? I'm assuming either a griefer took the last one or they hid there's to avoid griefers, either way very unfortunate.

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#2 2018-06-25 22:47:11

Trick

Re: Pandas and the bear

pennedgalaxy wrote:

Recent bear attack in the Panda town, there was two arrows around but no bow. Someone crafted a bow, but that's not enough arrows to take down a bear, in my last moments I died trying to craft another arrow and instructed my daughter to make one. Honestly I'm just so confused as to why there was two arrows but no bow? I'm assuming either a griefer took the last one or they hid there's to avoid griefers, either way very unfortunate.

Finally killed the bear, and a second one showed up.

It's because the town is right next door to 2 bear caves, and a bunch of mothers were letting their kids die.

#3 2018-06-25 23:18:40

pennedgalaxy

Trick wrote:
pennedgalaxy wrote:

It's because the town is right next door to 2 bear caves, and a bunch of mothers were letting their kids die.

Was spawned back in that town actually! The bear got killed but another came by at some point before my second birth, I was Luna first life and then Toni Panda in my second! Who were you my dude?

You'll see me often as Eve Mcabee and Eve Laurent. Or at least I'll try to be! These days it's hard spawning in as Eve, I usually end up as a baby in some town instead!

#4 2018-06-25 23:46:42

Trick

pennedgalaxy wrote:
Trick wrote:
pennedgalaxy wrote:

Was spawned back in that town actually! The bear got killed but another came by at some point before my second birth, I was Luna first life and then Toni Panda in my second! Who were you my dude?

I was Lason (died to second bear after I helped kill the first one), and then born into town again as Herick (but died because I got a phone call).

#5 2018-06-26 02:37:38

happynova

I was just in Panda town (generation 20), and we had a bow, but no arrows!

I led (or helped lead) one bear off, since we had no way to kill it, and then another one showed up.  Sigh.

#6 2018-06-26 02:43:03

CarrotPies4Life

I was a Panda during the early gen, when we were building our way up. Let's just say a lot of murders happened. In total during my gen we had about 16 arrows, three- four bows, and at least 2 knives. We killed each other and innocent people in order to find murderers to the point where murder was just common place. So the rest of us hid the arrows and knives, we hid them so well we had to restock our armory.  But yeah, blame the grievers for the lack of weaponry.

Lambs, mushrooms, and pies.......sometimes stew......sometimes.

#7 2018-06-26 06:09:47

FounderOne

Build a pen around the caves! I guess otherwise the bears will come over and over again.

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#8 2018-06-26 06:59:26

ShaMia

no more bears in gen 29 as Flower Panda, but there were a lot of killings. Most were murders of griefers i think...

I dabble in everything. Teach me your ways. Or don't and I will figure it out myself through wiki. Have yet to purposely grief anyone. Look out for me. All hail the mushroom God!!!

#9 2018-06-26 07:00:55

JonySky
Website

I was Josie Panda 3rd generation and Sun Panda in the 4th generation .... we were very badly located, north snakes, west bears and east wolves.

Being Josie Panda I was attacked by a snake at an early age, I had several children and my daughter Whitaker Panda was a murderer who finally hunted her down and killed her, luckily she did not achieve her goal.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … _id=398082

As Sun Panda I got away 2 bears and a wolf, I managed to find the second bow and shoot the first bear (I think it was the first)

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=398082

Finally I handed my bow to Sara Panda (I think) she was a hard-working girl at the milkseeds farm

I'm glad to know that civilization has passed the night and evolved until the 30th generation

#10 2018-06-26 08:04:57

pein

I was a panda, we had arrows
like two bows
seen like 3? killings
ofc again all noobs fully geared, i had to make myself
and one lady and her daughter cutler tried to lock a room, but i dont trust monarchists
especially that she cant even gear herself up fully after initial clothes

the pen lacked two blocking tiles  and a few graves were placed south, so 3 grave stones prevented sheep getting out
they digged out a grave or decayed and also i didnt seen the top side at first, where a road tile was missing blocking tile, fixed at 59, we had sheep for like 30 minutes again, so we made compost but we also had natural soil bit south

a guy got us quite a few bunnies, then some milkweed but i made ropes out of them, telling him that i get back sheep
i planted  the last few carrot seeds and people ate it
a girl died with a stew pot, i went to get some kindling, people took it
they even took most carrots to put in pie
made a new firebrand and they put a stone on the main fire
so what supposed to be a two minute walk, they made it 10 min, while i raising my kid, who died anyway
another jumped off after naming him but survived  a bit
and an afk/lagging daughter who told me nothing
and one suicided after i told how people are there

my lil sister was killed probably by the bitch who tried to lock the room
but i locked a box instead with supplies to get the compost going next time im there
J-key near the kilns if anyone cares

peoplr still died to bears and boars, and we would of needed the pen running
we had pies and stew and berry was fixed twice

in situations like this build a fence for carrots

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-06-26 13:58:38

JonySky
Website

#12 2018-06-26 14:53:00

pein

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … &id=401541 and still, barely
i had a mom who went old as soon as i turned 4
the adobe was cracking , we fixed the room, had a bro who was 16, he found my key
he wanted a lock
i made him one
he wanted to close the room, i seen it late that needs file but we made it before his death
was too occupied with kids, couldnt work too much but i directed people

some griefer filled each and every pit with needles? that could be a lifes work

one son was very rude so i warned him that if talks dirty, i stab him, he didnt stop, told me that i can try
well i tried, and done so, my bro killed somebody, i dunno why, mb attacked me or my daughter, didnt see, i was happy to see Naredim (Nena?), after she said hi i gave her all my clothes, everything is lost if she dies, one daughter suicided, without looking around

my son damian got us iron so i gave him the knife and the key
i had two each so i hid one knife and a key

told him to put emergency supplies to room and box

sorry last son but i lag and if you jump off i wont ran after you when i got the only girl in town in hand

seen a grandson, no granddaughter yet but she was barely 16

misha was a bit agressive that time but he was nice, told him to make adobe out of clay and wheat, how to cut down doors, and that we could do stone room but there is no stone around, mostly because the road patches

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#13 2018-06-26 14:57:55

pennedgalaxy

pein wrote:

the adobe was cracking , we fixed the room, had a bro who was 16, he found my key
he wanted a lock
i made him one
he wanted to close the room, i seen it late that needs file but we made it before his death

one son was very rude so i warned him that if talks dirty, i stab him, he didnt stop, told me that i can try
well i tried, and done so, my bro killed somebody, i dunno why, mb attacked me or my daughter, didnt see, i was happy to see Naredim (Nena?), after she said hi i gave her all my clothes, everything is lost if she dies, one daughter suicided, without looking around

sorry last son but i lag and if you jump off i wont ran after you when i got the only girl in town in hand

misha was a bit agressive that time but he was nice, told him to make adobe out of clay and wheat, how to cut down doors, and that we could do stone room but there is no stone around, mostly because the road patches

Yo, dude! I was Jack Panda, I gave your mom Lara one of the many backpacks we had around- people kept dying to starvation despite there being a lot of berries and pies around...it was really weird, I'm guessing they didn't manage their hunger very well- I think I gave you the knife I had on me at the end of my life, happened near the sheep pen, and my backpack for one of your kids I believe since we didn't have that much of a population!

Last edited by pennedgalaxy (2018-06-26 15:09:27)

#14 2018-06-26 15:07:59

annjust

That's a good story.

#15 2018-06-26 21:08:47

pein

pennedgalaxy wrote:
pein wrote:

he wanted a lock
i made him one

Yo, dude! I was Jack Panda, I gave your mom Lara one of the many backpacks we had around- people kept dying to starvation despite there being a lot of berries and pies around...it was really weird, I'm guessing they didn't manage their hunger very well- I think I gave you the knife I had on me at the end of my life, happened near the sheep pen, and my backpack for one of your kids I believe since we didn't have that much of a population!

ye i seen you as baby, ty for bp but we had like 4-5? all had a pack, well, the rude guy was killed cause the least i wanted a griefer at 48 years, so my last girl got it
i got the knife from somewhere, no one gave me? i kinda cant differentiate some lifes

one son starved with 2 pies and all old guys died kinda early

died out at 61  gen, ary didnt care about kids or just all 3 suicide

Last edited by pein (2018-06-26 21:13:12)

Board footer