One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-19 02:57:07

startafight

expansion! exploration!

born to a full town with plenty of resources? bored and nothing to do? try following these steps:

1. create a cart

2. take a basket with food (only 1 will work, dont be greedy u will find food out there!)

3. set a home marker

4. pick a direction and go!

whats the point of this you ask? well, your civ isnt going to have infinite resources forever is it? its going to need to expand into new territory! and the growing number of mouths will put a strain on its limited land. you should use your time to further your colony! find a good spot? excellent. make a mental note (or leave a trail of tree branches so u kno where it is) and return! find a child (or three), hopefully around 10-13 and tell them to bring food in a basket and to follow to a new camp. have them set up! now tell the local strange man to start making a road to whichever direction your new camp is. help out in making this road! pass on your legacy to another child around 8-10. have them finish the road or go explore!

tips:

- i find that horses on the first trip are kinda fucking useless. u will most likely die tryna chase down ur horse n accidentally step on a snake, or it will run off while u eat. no, its better to be on foot

- tell the whole camp where your new camp is so that they know where to go to help out/ get more material

- make sure the camp is at least 4 biomes away to make sure u are *expanding* the colony's resources, not draining it to put into 2 camps

- if ur still young and have time, set up a horse wagon fence at each camp so resources can be transferred more easily

you know ur in a good town to do this if there are:

a) more than 10 adults/teens and majority are clothed

b) all you hear are baby cries

c) they already have 3 carts

d) food production is properly managed (so ur family will not die out while u r gone)

e) there are 4+ fertile women running about (ur about to have a population boom!)

#2 2018-06-19 10:08:51

AnobeseWalrus

Re: expansion! exploration!

i like this idea! I'll try it next time!

#3 2018-06-19 11:48:24

pein

Re: expansion! exploration!

i always do when mom has nab camp, even if people get it straight without desert wont work and kids die
i was pissed last time that i made a berry farm then until old age set up a complete new camp with tools and smal lfarm, and people steal my adobe and the wet bowls and dont move there

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer