One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-19 01:46:52

TrustyWay

Will we ever see again interconnected towns with roads and walls ?

Just wondering, that was something I really liked about this game. Nowadays ''towns'' are a bit overrated. But when you have nothing to compare to you can say town.

I know I am nostalgic, therefore I find it was one of the greatest thing to have huge social interactions. When everything is done you can finally focus on people. It became more a survival game, still I think survivalism makes people savage, animal. People used to raise their children after their history, trying to make them their own child. Not producing an other worker, which kinda sad to me.

When you know how to play, you know the drill and I feel guilty to make houses that wont stand forever as before instead of producing food or tools.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-06-19 01:53:30)

#2 2018-06-19 01:53:26

sanchez

Re: Will we ever see again interconnected towns with roads and walls ?

Dunno ive tried running around huge circles me whole life few times never running in to anything even remotely abandoned or something that some EVE touched. Few times did it on a horse zilch nothing. Dunno how people even find abandoned places, how does that even happen

#3 2018-06-19 01:58:02

TrustyWay

sanchez wrote:

Dunno ive tried running around huge circles me whole life few times never running in to anything even remotely abandoned or something that some EVE touched. Few times did it on a horse zilch nothing. Dunno how people even find abandoned places, how does that even happen

It might happen if you run at the good place at the good time before it gets vanish.

Before we could choose to go in the wild or run back into the ruins that eople made, see their architectures, temples, towns. In some places you just had to follow the road and hope to have enough food for the travel because all the trees have been cut off. But new places keep spawning.  Sometimes you find people that rebuilded an town destroy few times. Sometimes you find people scavaging at the same time as you do and fights start. It was really something unique.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-06-19 01:59:30)

#4 2018-06-19 01:58:55

startafight

ive run across an abandoned town before. it was a life when i was the child of an eve who suicided (with no live girls). it took me 25-30 years of my life to run into the town and i stole a horse and cart to look around. in my search i found two small camps and that was the biggest town id gotten to. all were long abandoned. it would take a dedicated force to go out and search and to come back, and another few generations to actually make connections with infrastructure

pb0Uplw.png

Last edited by startafight (2018-06-19 02:00:07)

#5 2018-06-19 02:03:48

TrustyWay

startafight wrote:

ive run across an abandoned town before. it was a life when i was the child of an eve who suicided (with no live girls). it took me 25-30 years of my life to run into the town and i stole a horse and cart to look around. in my search i found two small camps and that was the biggest town id gotten to. all were long abandoned. it would take a dedicated force to go out and search and to come back, and another few generations to actually make connections with infrastructure

https://i.imgur.com/pb0Uplw.png

Dead bodies we can see last 2 hours, so the town might have died one or three hours before you came.

Yeah infrastructures were super long to make, when food was plenty I used to assign two people to make roads to nowhere and build wooden floors in towns, it takes time if you are not used to

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-06-19 02:06:21)

#6 2018-06-19 02:37:21

startafight

TrustyWay wrote:

Dead bodies we can see last 2 hours, so the town might have died one or three hours before you came.

Yeah infrastructures were super long to make, when food was plenty I used to assign two people to make roads to nowhere and build wooden floors in towns, it takes time if you are not used to

yea there was a dead body more recently deceased (a full skeleton) a lil down south. i think the town mustve died out an hour before. still, i havent run into live towns yet. only dead ones.

#7 2018-06-19 02:38:23

sc0rp

There are two things that prevent connecting towns.

1. Spawns are very far apart (4000-40000 tiles).

2. Not visited tiles are wiped out (not sure how often, probably on server restarts, i.e. weekly).

At least one of this things, and most likely both, has to change before we can have roads between towns.

#8 2018-06-19 16:56:04

pein

was after apocalipse and decay

i was in a city surrounded with ice, i had a place across the tundra, where i made 3 times pack

was a bell to west, and someone cut my marker, so i was lost, but found a camp max 6 biomes away, was bit nabcamp, lot of berry and low pop caused that someone got to tools, so i spent my last years making fences

then a bit later i spawned back as eve, my daughter left me to make a desert village, she died somehow, we died out

then i was a daughter of someone and we were just above that camp

few hours later i was born into a desert vilalge and left alone in the end, i found both camps 4-5 biomes away, they made crowns and knifes

funny thing  i was eves kid a few times on all of this palces and all was 4-5 biome away but no one found way between

i only make roads or signalign roads to iron veins

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer